[APP] MPlayer for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
Hi Friends,

I have successfully ported MPlayer for android.
It should work on Android 1.6-2.3.

Try and post your device detail and feedback here. Once it gets confirmed that it is working on other devices I will upload it to market also.

Features -
1) Support all subtitle format.
2) Proper audio video sync.
3) Uses libfaad2 and libmad for aac and mp3 decoding.
4) Stream URL support

I have tested with gt540 2.1.

Updated Version [Many fixes including neon support]
[MultiUpload]MPlayer.apk

If you have NEON capable device enable neon optimization from settings screen.

Old Version

[RS]MPlayer.apk
[MultiUpload]MPlayer.apk

Download subtitle file and extract to /sdcard for osd and subtitles
[RS]mplayer.zip
[MultiUpload]mplayer.zip

Please donate it will help me to improve the player
Click Here to Donate

Last edited:

kemonozume

Oct 24, 2010
Weingarten
code.google.com
Hi ajeet,
thanks for the effort, i noticed some bugs on my htc desire (oxygen rom , android 2.3 )

it skipped the first 30 seconds of my video
audio/video wasnt in sync (maybe cause of the skip? )
subs didnt show up

some infos about the video:
video: MPEG4 (H264) 712x480 29,97 fps
audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha

//edit:
forgot to extract the mplayer subtitle folder ><
subs are working now, even though the progress bar makes it impossible to read them ^^

best regards
Kemo

Last edited:

Adolf1994

Jun 2, 2010
Fertőrákos
Great job, I tried an MKV BDRip with MPEG-4 video and AC3 audio. Works flawlessly on my X10i@768MHz
However, in the subtitle there are "á é í ó ő ú ű" letters and instead of these, there are some weird symbols shown. I tried this with SRT and SSA subs saved as UTF-8, but no luck.
Atm, this looks promising, so keep it up.

+1

Edit: please, for heaven's sake, avoid RapidShare. But if you like RS, then use multiupload. Thanks :)

dateno1

Oct 15, 2010
i try avc + aac mp4 (640*360 + 44Khz/128kb) on my milestone eclair
it too slow so not sync and i try the stop the play it crashed

hiddenhandgun

Jun 10, 2010
Nice work. I only have flvs on my phone right now, but they play very well. quite responsive too.

Could the controls hide on screen tap as well as menu button?

Also, how mplayer is this? I realize that the frontend is going to be original work, but wonder how much porting you had to do for the player itself.

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
Nice work. I only have flvs on my phone right now, but they play very well. quite responsive too.

Could the controls hide on screen tap as well as menu button?

Also, how mplayer is this? I realize that the frontend is going to be original work, but wonder how much porting you had to do for the player itself.

You can use option key to hide menu(s) . I have used sdl ported by Pelya(commander genius) for audio output and written video driver for android from scratch.

Reactions: Kinslayer81

Mackattack

Nov 30, 2009
screen shots would be cool and if you can get some of the gpu/cpu accelerations combos working on higher end devices like Hummingbird and Powervr.

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
Very nice it works even on the archos tablet and without any stutering or delays. Keep up the good work.

This is the first non stock media player that works good for general use.

Sent from my A101IT

PePea

Aug 30, 2010
It's perfect for my Legend ! the best player for the video quality.
And subtitles work fine. The only "problem" is that I always have the interface at the top and bottom of the video. So, I can't read subtitles.
I tried to open settings but it does't exist.

Great job anyway ;)

tilleke

Retired Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
OK, I have tested streaming from an URL (Mpeg-TS-stream - dreambox)

1) on my HTC HD2 running HD Desire: works although there are some delay/lag. Also problems with syncronization of video/audio

2) on my Samsung i5800: I get pictures and then it pauses for 2-3 seconds and I get new frames and then it stops again and so on. Audio works without breaking. Perhaps its processor is not fast enough to handle a stream with a ratio of 1:1?

3) the preferences button seems disabled.

I look forward to next releases.

ultralow

Oct 24, 2010
OK, I have tested streaming from an URL (Mpeg-TS-stream - dreambox)

1) on my HTC HD2 running HD Desire: works although there are some delay/lag. Also problems with syncronization of video/audio

2) on my Samsung i5800: I get pictures and then it pauses for 2-3 seconds and I get new frames and then it stops again and so on. Audio works without breaking. Perhaps its processor is not fast enough to handle a stream with a ratio of 1:1?

3) the preferences button seems disabled.

I look forward to next releases.
can somebody tell me what does it mean to stream a url? help

oldmanofskye

Nov 19, 2008
Streaming from an URL means playing (therefore sending) a file (be it video, music...) over the net on a remote device.
(Trying to keep the definition simple).
Sent from my Desire HD

Oreynid

Feb 5, 2010
Installed on my Dell Streak. It works for playing AVI. I'll try with other file types and report back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Friends,

I have successfully ported MPlayer for android.
    It should work on Android 1.6-2.3.

Try and post your device detail and feedback here. Once it gets confirmed that it is working on other devices I will upload it to market also.

Features -
    1) Support all subtitle format.
    2) Proper audio video sync.
    3) Uses libfaad2 and libmad for aac and mp3 decoding.
    4) Stream URL support

I have tested with gt540 2.1.

Updated Version [Many fixes including neon support]
    [MultiUpload]MPlayer.apk

If you have NEON capable device enable neon optimization from settings screen.

Old Version

[RS]MPlayer.apk
    [MultiUpload]MPlayer.apk

Download subtitle file and extract to /sdcard for osd and subtitles
    [RS]mplayer.zip
    [MultiUpload]mplayer.zip

Please donate it will help me to improve the player
    Click Here to Donate
    Source Code

So far you have ignored every single request to post the source code for the application, which you are required to, since mplayer and its associated libraries have been published under a license that requires you to do so.

I find this, to put it mildly, impolite.

Mplayer has been in development for more than 10 years and is in the fortunate position to have a large number of developers who have contributed to one of the most successful Open Source projects and who will most certainly continue to do so.

It baffles me to see that you are struggling to handle this port all on your own without even showing a remote interest in getting support from this group of developers. I can't see any advantages for you, only disadvantages and some of these are a real pain in the neck for you and your audience:

* Lack of central download location
    * Complete lack of community support
    * Lack of competent bug reports
    * Lack of version and revision control

I strongly suggest that you rethink your development strategy and instead of annoying those who made your project possible in the first place you may want to consider taking part in the discussions on the mplayer mailing list and profit from the vast ocean of expert knowledge this community has amassed.

Open Source Software is about giving and taking and so far you have shown a distinct willingness to ignore the "Giving" part, which I find rather sad, given the fact that ignoring the requirements of the GPL does nothing more than annoy those who did all the work before you started coding in the first place.
    M-Player is licenced under the GPL (Gnu Public Licence)

At this point, since this thread is not GPL compliant, it will be temporarily closed, pending source code being made available as the terms of the GPL licence stipulate.

When able to comply with the GPL, it will be re-opened. Until then, I'm afraid the forum rules will necessitate its continued closure.

P
    Source code

If you want my donation you need to release the source
    Indeed, that is also the rule in the XDA forums as well

all DEV using Open Source specially GPL codes must release the source code to the community.

So far you have ignored every single request to post the source code for the application, which you are required to, since mplayer and its associated libraries have been published under a license that requires you to do so.

I find this, to put it mildly, impolite.

Mplayer has been in development for more than 10 years and is in the fortunate position to have a large number of developers who have contributed to one of the most successful Open Source projects and who will most certainly continue to do so.

It baffles me to see that you are struggling to handle this port all on your own without even showing a remote interest in getting support from this group of developers. I can't see any advantages for you, only disadvantages and some of these are a real pain in the neck for you and your audience:

* Lack of central download location
    * Complete lack of community support
    * Lack of competent bug reports
    * Lack of version and revision control

I strongly suggest that you rethink your development strategy and instead of annoying those who made your project possible in the first place you may want to consider taking part in the discussions on the mplayer mailing list and profit from the vast ocean of expert knowledge this community has amassed.

Open Source Software is about giving and taking and so far you have shown a distinct willingness to ignore the "Giving" part, which I find rather sad, given the fact that ignoring the requirements of the GPL does nothing more than annoy those who did all the work before you started coding in the first place.