[Q] In Desperate Need of Help! Touchscreen is Non-Responsive After Update.

Search This thread

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
Greetings to all. Last week while powering up my phone, I accidentally entered into the Bootloader screen. It found the last T-mobile update that I had done (I forgot to remove it from the SD) and I hit yes to update (at the time thinking it was a new update). After it finished with the update, my phone booted back up to the familiar "zebras" T-mobile stock lock screen. At this point, my touchscreen was, and still is, completely non-responsive.

With the very basic knowledge that I have with Androids, I searched for and downloaded many different PD15IMG.zip files (always re-named PD15IMG properly), dropped them onto my SD (one by one of course), booted into the Bootloader screen and applied the update. In every instance, when my phone finished updating and loaded the familiar zebras, same problem. I even tried a Factory Restore (several times) with the same result. Also, USB Debugging was never turned on on the phone.

Now, here is where it gets interesting: when I was looking closer at my lock-screen, I noticed that the date is set to: Jan. 6, 1980!? I am at the "end of my rope" here and am only repeating the same steps at this point as if something magical is going to happen....

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

Brian

Last edited:

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
I am not sure what that means, my knowledge with these things is elementary at best. I was running a stock T-mobile rom if that answers your question.

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
Ok, just looked it up; I believe I am S-off, because I have had custom roms installed before.

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
I had at one point installed Clockworkmod if that is what you are asking, but to be honest, realized that it was beyond my understanding and never used it. I did never uninstall it however....I hope I am answering your questions correctly, sorry.

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
I had at one point installed Clockworkmod if that is what you are asking, but to be honest, realized that it was beyond my understanding and never used it. I did never uninstall it however....I hope I am answering your questions correctly, sorry.
You did have it installed, but you flashed other PD15IMGs right? That flash would replace the recovery to stock recovery, so I'm guessing you don't have a custom recovery.

Reactions: noah1127

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
It does boot, everything looks fine (except for the date of 1980!?), I can see the wallpaper and the "lock/unlock-bar", battery status, etc. I just can not swipe the "lock-bar" down to unlock the phone, the touchscreen is completely non-responsive.

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
It does boot, everything looks fine (except for the date of 1980!?), I can see the wallpaper and the "lock/unlock-bar", battery status, etc. I just can not swipe the "lock-bar" down to unlock the phone, the touchscreen is completely non-responsive.

Does it respond to any touches on the screen or does it just timeout and turn the screen off?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
No response what-so-ever, it just times out and goes blank.

My gut tells me it has something to do with the date being 30 years off (1980) ...but I am new to all this!

BTW, there has been no physical damage, I have not dropped it or anything like that.

I really do appreciate your time!

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
No problem, I appreciate your time!

What about the 1980 date, have you ever heard of anything like that before?

noah1127

Nov 22, 2007
..."Unless you believe someone from the past is trying to communicate with you." I wish!

No, I just thought that like on a computer, if the date is far in the past it can mess up the "communications" within the device. The date was correct before and then after the "update" is went back to 1980, was just wondering if that is "confusing" the phone...I know it worked on me!!

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Could just be a messed up setting... Unless you believe someone from the past is trying to communicate with you.

lmao, obviously HE'S from the past, where the MT4G doesn't exist! reason why his touchscreen won't work ;)

well... i would wait... sometimes it might magically work again O_O

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You did have it installed, but you flashed other PD15IMGs right? That flash would replace the recovery to stock recovery, so I'm guessing you don't have a custom recovery.
    If you are not rooted and can't get it to boot then your options are few. Warranty exchange a possibility?

If you have a sd card reader you could try flashing a pd15img again through the bootloader

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    Try installing another pd15img.zip, delete the old one and try it again. In order to this you will need an sd card reader. If you don't know what it is look it up on Amazon. Also for ****s and giggles go to your bootloader and select ” recovery” what comes up? Cwm or stock recovery?

Well that's about add much as I can help you with