[KERNEL][GB][I9100G][01-05-2012]superatmos kernel v3.3.. **THE LAST ONE**

Search This thread

QuAn64m

Oct 21, 2010
OTA update compatible?

hey

i am using your kernel v3.0 on my i9100g. now there will be an OTA to android 4.0 in germany and i just wantet to know if i can do this with your kernel installed?

thanks

lyduythinh

Dec 8, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
I do not know which kernel version 3.0 for my phone

Hello Superatmos,

Here are information of my phone

PDA: I9100GDZKJ2
PHONE: I9100GDZKH4
CSC: I9100GOLCKJ2

Which kernel 3.0 i should apply in my phone?

Thank you very much.
Thinh

amenjas

Feb 16, 2012
THANKEW man it works great...
but not able to install ntfs-3g module and usbserial.ko module on it..

plz help

Feb 26, 2012
i hope somebody could help me...

my aim is that i want my phone to have CWM and so i can install Superrom version 3.

first, i want to install CWM on my phone. after reading few threads, i found out that superatmos can root and install the CWM. superatmos having many versions and for version 2.2 which i found compatible with my firmware which is JPKK1. I have downloaded it. but before flashing, the instruction is to install first the version 1.0 before installing higher version. I have downloaded also the version 1 but its a zip file after joining using hjsplit. Flashing in ODIN does not recognize zip files so if im not mistaken, zip files can be flash using CWM (clockwork mode) but how do i do that without installed yet on my phone. so to make it short i have flash superatmos v.2.2 that i have downloaded using ODIN and after flash, it was rooted and found a yellow triangle everytime im booting my phone. i have also check in the download mode that my phone has already in custom and having binary count 1.

it seems i could not find any solution removing the yellow triangle so i download the stock firmware of JPKK1 and flash it again. the yellow triangle was gone but the binary count still there and i don't have any USB Jig to remove it.

I still want to flash superrom version 3 but without rooting and flashing superatmos kernel, do you think flashing superatmos v2.2 and flashing superrom version 3 will work smoothly and not having that yellow triangle?

any help is much appreciated.

darkshadow1997

Dec 22, 2011
karachi
actually thats normal if you flash custom kernel through odin you will get a yellow triangle here is a short way to remove it.
1.get kTool of market its free.
2.make sure you do it after you flash a custom kernel because you need root and binary count will increase of course
3.in ktool select dump current kernel
4.download any stock kernel here is of kl3 link:http://www.mediafire.com/?ss1n1u1zzdlht5c
5.flash stock kernel after rebooting to download mode and you remove yellow triangle but will lose cwm
6.to fix that select ktool and select flash kernel and reboot and after that no
yellow triangle,cwm is back and no increase in binary if you flash with ktool but with odin it will increase
listen it doesnt matter what firmware you are on you can flash any version of the kernel when it said for example jppk1 it meant it was based on the kernel of jppk1. and one more thing its not possible to flash custom rom without cwm and root. and dont worry flashing kl3 kernel to jppk1 wont brick your device i tested it myself.personally i dont care about the binary counts any way never will be stupid enough to brick my i9100g.just be careful okay.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
^ thank you sir darkshadow1997... it was very informative... i will try this at home later and hoping i won't screw my G phone.

if i flash again that makes my binary count 2... anyway as what you have told, it doesn't matter even you have numbers of binary count as long as phone is working...

thanks anyway for the tips and hope it will be a success later.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

actually thats normal if you flash custom kernel through odin you will get a yellow triangle here is a short way to remove it.
- thanks for this info...

1.get kTool of market its free.
- this is fine i'll look at the market

2.make sure you do it after you flash a custom kernel because you need root and binary count will increase of course
- so this means i can only use the KTool after flashing with custom kernel (i.e. superatmos (is any version will do? or should i flash immediately version 2.2 which is a tar file that i already downloaded yesterday?)

3.in ktool select dump current kernel
- i'll check this later and give you feedback

4.download any stock kernel here is of kl3 link:http://www.mediafire.com/?ss1n1u1zzdlht5c
- okey i'll do this again later.

5.flash stock kernel after rebooting to download mode and you remove yellow triangle but will lose cwm
- from this method, should i use ODIN for flashing the stock kernel which is the kl3? (to be downloaded from the link above)

6.to fix that select ktool and select flash kernel and reboot and after that no yellow triangle,cwm is back and no increase in binary if you flash with ktool but with odin it will increase
- so from the above statement, by using ktool, i will flash kernel (which kernel is this? is it possible now for the SUPERROM version 3?) little bit confuse here.

listen it doesnt matter what firmware you are on you can flash any version of the kernel when it said for example jppk1 it meant it was based on the kernel of jppk1. and one more thing its not possible to flash custom rom without cwm and root. and dont worry flashing kl3 kernel to jppk1 wont brick your device i tested it myself.personally i dont care about the binary counts any way never will be stupid enough to brick my i9100g.just be careful okay.
- okay... i'll remember this. and i will give feedback later.

Feb 26, 2012
here's what i did.

1. flash custom kernel (superatmos v.2.2) using Odin (binary counts now is 2) because i flash it last night and this is the second time. the purpose of flashing this kernel is to root and cwm. but using this method will show you a yellow triangle. (kernel version was root#ubuntu something like that)

2. so to get rid of yellow triangle, i have flashed again the stock kernel (KL3) as provided in the link. but before this, i have activated the ktool and dump the kernel.

3. i have turn off my phone and get it to download mode (hold vol -, home, power button) and you can still see the yellow triangle. I have connect cable and flash KL3 using the Odin. Reboots itself and voila no more triangle. (kernel version now is 2.6.35.7se.infra@SEI-43 #2)

4. i went back to ktool, and dump the kernel again and tap the flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage but there is error saying that could not find any kernel to flash something like that.

5. i have copied some files of Superatmos_kernel_v2.2.tar, SuperROM_v1.0_I9100G.zip and SuperROM_v3.0.zip from the root

6. i went back to my application list and saw this CWM widgets. when i tap it it pop up the message CWM Manager - this version of cwm manager should be used with CF-Root v5.0 or newer. It appears you are running a different kernel. Various features have been disable.

7. i test to use the CWM manager to flash kernel but it dont pursue and it will FORCE CLOSE.

- based from my kernel above, am i already rooted?

- how do i activate the CWM. am i missing something?

thanks for any inputs

darkshadow1997

Dec 22, 2011
karachi
first check if you have root download any app which requires root for example no frills cpu control its also free.if it asks for root then you are rooted if not then you made a mistake somewhere.
but the mistake was on 4 of your second post. you didnt have to dump kernel again all you had to do was flash and you will overwrite the kernel you dumped.since you are one stock kernel cwm manager wont work,only with custom kernel.
but if you are rooted just do this no need to follow my other steps again.
1.extract zimage from any kernel you want to flash and put it on the root of your internal sd card not external.
2.select flash kernel from ktool,reboot and thats it.
you should know one thing if you flash stock kernel after custom kernel you will lose root unless you use a app which requires root before reflashing stock kernel.need any help just ask.remember one thing increase in binary will void your warranty but if you never mess up your phone then theres no need to send it to samsung company for the repair.also i never said to dump kernel again just flash.did you follow my instruction carefully and one thing if you are confused at something tell me and i will explain it.and last thing you dont to install v1 then v3 you can install v3 directly because installing v1 first was only for v1.1 and v2 and last thing for v3 you need to restore the rom not flash the zip follow instructions at page 1 for v3.if you dont know what restore is just google how to use clockworkmod and read instruction for backup and restore.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
first check if you have root download any app which requires root for example no frills cpu control its also free.if it asks for root then you are rooted if not then you made a mistake somewhere.
i think it's not rooted. i've downloaded the apps and open it, it did not ask anything and go directly open the application.

but the mistake was on 4 of your second post. you didnt have to dump kernel again all you had to do was flash and you will overwrite the kernel you dumped.since you are one stock kernel cwm manager wont work,only with custom kernel.
ok, i might try this again later and hopefully it will be a success this time. so for clarification, what i have to do after installing the custom kernel (still with yellow triangle upon boot) is to dump the custom kernel (let's say i've flash superatmos v2.2) using the KTool. and after this, i need to shutdown again my phone and let it on download mode (pressing vol-, home, power) and flash with the kl3 stock kernel. this time there's no longer yellow triangle bec. of the stock kernel that i have just flash. and lastly, I need to open the KTOOL and just tap the "flash kernel" and tap "reboot". Is this the correct step by step procedures?

I am so sorry since i ask much questions, it's just that i need to be very careful using custom kernels and hope you understand me.

but if you are rooted just do this no need to follow my other steps again.
1.extract zimage from any kernel you want to flash and put it on the root of your internal sd card not external.
2.select flash kernel from ktool,reboot and thats it.
you should know one thing if you flash stock kernel after custom kernel you will lose root unless you use a app which requires root before reflashing stock kernel.need any help just ask.remember one thing increase in binary will void your warranty but if you never mess up your phone then theres no need to send it to samsung company for the repair.also i never said to dump kernel again just flash.did you follow my instruction carefully and one thing if you are confused at something tell me and i will explain it.and last thing you dont to install v1 then v3 you can install v3 directly because installing v1 first was only for v1.1 and v2 and last thing for v3 you need to restore the rom not flash the zip follow instructions at page 1 for v3.if you dont know what restore is just google how to use clockworkmod and read instruction for backup and restore.

1. what is a zimage? and how do i extract this thing.
2. which version 3 (kernel) are you telling? is it the superatmos or the superROM?

darkshadow1997

Dec 22, 2011
karachi
actually i dont know what zimage is but i think its the main source of the kernel when you open the kernel with winrar you will see the file.it was v3 of super rom.in clarification you are right but one tip after dumping kernel select reboot to download mode if you want to get to download mode faster then flash stock kernel.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
actually i dont know what zimage is but i think its the main source of the kernel when you open the kernel with winrar you will see the file.it was v3 of super rom.in clarification you are right but one tip after dumping kernel select reboot to download mode if you want to get to download mode faster then flash stock kernel.

thanks a lot for all the infos.. but it didn't work on me...

so these is what i did.

1. as usual flash the custom kernel superatmos v.2.2 via odin (reboot and yellow triangle plus and increase of binary counts now 3)

2. open the ktool and tap the dump kernel, and tap the reboot to download mode but nothing happens???! i dunno why it was not reboot. so what i did, i remove the cable plug and turn off the phone and using vol-, home and power to get back to download mode.

3. then i flash again the kl3 using odin

4. copy the zimage of superatmos v.2.2 into the root dir, open the ktool, tap the flash kernel. and tap the reboot but it did not reboot again...

anyway, i think im giving up on this method as i could not activate my cwm to be able to install other rom and kernels. i will try other method. thanks anyway.

darkshadow1997

Dec 22, 2011
karachi
sorry that i could not help but this worked for me why didnt it work for you.but if you want i can make it into a video if you did not understand my steps.and one thing if you have dumped the kernel you did not need to copy the zimage because ktool produces zimage file at the root of your internal sd card thats why i said just flash.well if this method did not work for you the alternate method which will remove both yellow triangle and reset binary counter is the getting a usb jig buy one or make it but there is one problem usb jig only works for 2.3.4 and lower but i found this solution on this just read and you will find it. link:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24073037 well good luck.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
sorry that i could not help but this worked for me why didnt it work for you.but if you want i can make it into a video if you did not understand my steps.and one thing if you have dumped the kernel you did not need to copy the zimage because ktool produces zimage file at the root of your internal sd card thats why i said just flash.well if this method did not work for you the alternate method which will remove both yellow triangle and reset binary counter is the getting a usb jig buy one or make it but there is one problem usb jig only works for 2.3.4 and lower but i found this solution on this just read and you will find it. link:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24073037 well good luck.

my pleasure if you can make it to video... thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

UPDATE: There will not be any more updates for this Kernel.

I present you all .. superatmos kernel. :)

To verify the version of the superatmos kernel, check in CWM app. (From v3.3) :)

How to flash:
    UNTIL v3.2
    1. Download the attachment.
    2. Flash using Odin.

v3.3 and ABOVE:
    • Copy the zip to sdcard.
    • Flash it through CWM recovery.

Credits:

To everyone who has inspired, motivated and encouraged me to work and support the android community. I got a lot of help from xda developers, friends, tutorials and a lot more. I give the credit to everyone who directly or indirectly helped me in creating this kernel. Special thanks to Chainfire and Chenglu.

Disclaimer:
    Please be aware that you are flashing at your own risk. I don't bear any responsibility for damage to your phone because of you using this kernel.

Download Link:

v3.3 http://www.mediafire.com/?hhjfgtngqh2fw77

v3.2 http://www.mediafire.com/?al2j5afjd6n72fc

v3.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?o6r63h50cdk5equ

XXLA1 http://www.mediafire.com/?t71stp4taq1pyy5

JPKK1 http://www.mediafire.com/?ibic4cftc34a1h4

DZKL3 http://www.mediafire.com/?8qsfv84xpc8gf1h

Check out the mirrors for old releases at this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22421729&postcount=150

Sources: https://github.com/superatmos
    superatmos kernel features

• Now supports external sdcards with NTFS partition (NEED FEEDBACK)
    • Added few memory and misc tweaks
    • Works on All Gingerbread ROMs for I9100G
    • CWM Touch Recovery 5.8.1.5 (v3.3 and v3.2) (Thanks and Credits to koush)
    • Clockwokmod Recovery 5.0.2.8 (v3.1)
    • Based on XXLA1 (Best kernel until now for I9100G in my opinion)
    • Close to stock.
    • Capped to 1200MHz
    • Completely CF-root compatible(CWMManager.apk auto install) (Credits and THANKS TO Chainfire.)
    • Added CIFS module
    • Custom bootanimation(copy bootanimation.zip to "/sdcard/superatmos" folder and reboot) and Custom bootsound(copy "PowerOn.wav" to /sdcard/superatmos folder and reboot). (superatmos folder can be seen now in /sdcard once you flash the kernel)
    • Vibration works.
    • init.d script support (put your boot scripts in /system/etc/init.d or /data/etc/init.d folder)
    • Additional modules support (copy your .ko files to /system/lib/modules or /data/lib/modules and reboot)
    • Custom boot scripts support (copy your custom boot scripts to /data/customboot.sh and reboot)
    • VERY STABLE
    wow, new kernel , thanks anyway, downlaoding n flash it soon.
    no kernel can undervolting for 9100g now ?

Please hit the thanks button if you like my work. It encourages me to do more. :)
    As of now, this kernel doesn't include OC/UV. It reduces stability. I may try this in future releases.
    superatmos kernel updated to v1.2:)

Hi,

superatmos kernel updated to v1.2. check it out.
    why don't you compile the latest official firmware 2.3.6 I9100GDZKJ2 ?

This kernel is from samsung opensource. Its version too is 2.6.35.7. Its compatible with DZKJ2.