[Q] How can i unlock my SGH-I717?

Search This thread

gqinside

Dec 9, 2011
mine is rogers, i got the code from ebay within 5 hours, cost me 5 bucks through paypal

rizig was the seller name.

Is this seller for Canada only?
Mine is att, I cant find the seller, rizig through ebay. If u have address that u found, please share! Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Envy Diz

Feb 20, 2012
At&t wont provide unlock codes for certain phone like: the Iphone or the Skyrocket. And the Galaxy note is probably on that list (cant unlock)

Very true I tried and they did tell me 30 days and I can get the unlock code... I was able to get it for my SII though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
If you're trying to find that user, you can search "ebay username" in google. You will get their store.

Make sure if you're using any of those, that they offer a money back guarantee. So far the inexpensive methods have failed to locate the code for the Note in their database. Don't forget you have an "attempt" counter, if you reach the limit, the phone may become carrier "hardlocked".

Example of pricing I have found; 1-$10 cheap & easy (result varies greatly, mostly fails, instant delivery), $20-35 harder method (usually successful unless the carrier has edited the unlock code, takes a few hours-days), and $70~ manufacturer unlock (usually 4 different unlock codes, which may recover hardlocked, may take a week). YMMV

Hope that helps,

-CC

EDIT: That seller has replied to my inquiry of how much it would cost, if he is able to obtain the unlock code for an AT&T US SGH-i717 and how long it would take. "Around $26.00 and 8-24 hours"

Last edited:

N3RD420

Dec 20, 2011
detroit metro
I used cellunlocker.net. It worked great. They couldnt get the code through at&t so i had to pay 25 for them to get it through Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

xda1zero

Dec 13, 2011
I bought the unlock code but cant seem to enter it. Do you guys know the right #* dialing code to use with our note?

halifaxjesse

Feb 25, 2011
If you root your galaxy note you can use an app called galaxy s unlock, I no it works as I have done it to my telus galaxy note i717..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

FerociousAndroid

Sep 23, 2011
I used "unlockclient com" these guys/gals (whatever) use some software you download to your computer. I checked it via Avast! (sandbox) to make sure it was clean. You plug in your phone via the data cable and follow the instructions:

1. Download and install drivers if you haven't done it yet
http://www.UnlockClient.com/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver.exe
2. Take out memory card and SIM card and turn your phone on
3. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development
4. Switch on the option "USB Debugging"
5. Go to dialer, type *#7284# and select USB -> Modem
6. Go to dialer, type *#9090# and select [1] USB
7. Exit service menu and turn your phone off by pressing power button
8. Insert NOT accepted SIM card and turn the phone on
9. Wait for "Enter Network Lock Control Key" message
10. Connect phone to computer and wait until all drivers are installed (~1 min)
11. Unplug the usb cable and plug it back
12. Enter your paypal email or test the connection for free first
13. When you feel ready, Click "Unlock" button

The software detects the IMEI. I took the risk of losing $25 to some scam. Boy was I wrong... The software verifies that you have paid them via paypal then does something to the phone via the data cable. At the end you have to enter 00000000 and boom unlocked.

Rebooted in my T-Mobile card and works. Now I have to flash the modem.

PS
My AT&T (I717) phone was already rooted and on 2.3.6.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmrb and Phateless

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
where did you enter your paypal email address at?

I used "unlockclient com" these guys/gals (whatever) use some software you download to your computer. I checked it via Avast! (sandbox) to make sure it was clean. You plug in your phone via the data cable and follow the instructions:

The software detects the IMEI. I took the risk of losing $25 to some scam. Boy was I wrong... The software verifies that you have paid them via paypal then does something to the phone via the data cable. At the end you have to enter 00000000 and boom unlocked.

PS

fduraibi

Mar 22, 2009
www.fadvisor.net
same here, they gave me t he code for 2 SII but won't give me the code for the Note, ATT said I have to wait until end of Aug since this phone is still New!

i got really mad at them since I really need to use it and i think it is not fair that I have to pay to unlock my own phone! I told them that I am willing to pay security deposit or whatever if they won't trust that I would come back from my trip with the phone but they still didn't. At the end and to make me happy they offered me the Unlimited calling and texting for my family plan for free for six months (it is a $30/month package)

Reactions: edkills

mucus_android

Jan 20, 2011
New York
You can unlock your phone yourself for free!
Just call up AT&T, Tmobile, or whoever your carrier is.
Provide your IMEI number.
They will provide you with the unlock code for no charge!
Take care!

Reactions: edkills

edkills

Nov 6, 2008
I got on the At&t support webpage and told them that I was traveling overseas and since I get the military discount they went ahead and asked for my account info and then my Imei and wala they sent me the unlock code took like 30min of waiting lol but worth it Thank You AT&T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PS
    Is all the aggravation really worth it? If I were you, I would just pay the 5-20 bucks, then enjoy the phone the way god intended it....functionally!!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA App
    Why can't all oems just do what Google (galaxy nexus) did with the bootloader? Just have a menu that says "Do u want to void warranty and unlock bootloader?". It wud make life easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

The bootloader is unlocked, this has nothing to do with the bootloader.

This is a carrier unlock...
    same here, they gave me t he code for 2 SII but won't give me the code for the Note, ATT said I have to wait until end of Aug since this phone is still New!

i got really mad at them since I really need to use it and i think it is not fair that I have to pay to unlock my own phone! I told them that I am willing to pay security deposit or whatever if they won't trust that I would come back from my trip with the phone but they still didn't. At the end and to make me happy they offered me the Unlimited calling and texting for my family plan for free for six months (it is a $30/month package)
    where did you enter your paypal email address at?

In the field towards the top.

I also used this service after getting refunds from two others. This one worked!