[CWM] Custom Recovery for Motorola Motoluxe

Search This thread

luxxx123

Jun 26, 2012
Motoluxe.png

for Motorola Motoluxe XT615

Foreword
At the time there are two different kind of CWM recoverys. Both have their positiv and negativ characteristics. Some say the installable is better then the temp once, other think in a other way. So choose for your own and make your own experience.

Installable Recovery
At first your phone has to be rooted! In the next step you have to activate "Unknown Applications" (Settings > Applications).
Download the attached recovery(ENG).apk below or click for download. Copy the file to your sdcard and navigate to the directory where you have pasted the file in.
Click on it and install the APK.

Now you should have a app called "System Recovery" in your menü. Before you continue you have to connect your phone to a power supply or to your PC.
Now open the app and press the button with the title "Enter Recovery". You will be asked if you want to give the application root right.
Agree and the phone will boot into recovery mode!

As usual you navigate with volume+, volume- and except with the powerbutton.

NOTE:
- You´re just able to enter custom recovery while your phone is connected to PC or power supply.
- This version of CWM has a restore bug, so you should not restore a nandroid backup with this version!

Temp Recovery
By this type of recovery you have to execute a batchscript on a PC running Windows.
Unzip the archive and double click on the "-=Recovery-loader=-.bat". Further instructions are mentioned in the script.

NOTE: Everytime you want to use this type of recovery, you have to reexecute the script

v6.0.2.7 (recommended version / click for download)
- Language: English
- no MD5 mismatch error
- no root required!
- after long time of testing, we can say it´ll work for 99%

v6.0.1.5 (click for download)

v6.0.1.4 (click for download):

Changelog
25.01.12: Added new temp recovery 6.0.2.7 by enox and set as recommanded version
18.10.12: Added new temp recovery 6.0.1.5 by enox and set as recommanded version
03.10.12: Removed chinese Temp-Recovery 5.5.0.4 because englisch Temp-Recovery 6.0.1.4 is fully functional too and now recommanded to use
22.09.12: Published CWM Recovery

Thanks goes to: enox.co | monkichi1987 | cjr123 | luxxx123

Attachments

• recovery(ENG).apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,076
  • CWM-6.0.1.4.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 2,761
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4737045

I already have them, but thanks for posting it bro!

It will sure help others who don't yet know how to install and use it :)

szunyi77

Sep 24, 2012
Szeged
recovery

Possibly youtube video? May the ruin be backup with this procedure? Baggier Ira one possibly?!
My need would be original ruin rescue.
thank you

Detonatte

Jul 5, 2011
România
Suuuuuper tutorial,thx man//
luxxx123 what happens if you click press the button with the title "System Recovery" my phone is NO connected to PC or power supply?????

Reactions: ChrisReusch

luxxx123

Jun 26, 2012
luxxx123 what happens if you click press the button with the title "System Recovery" my phone is NO connected to PC or power supply?????

the command behind the button only shuts down the phone.
when it is connected to the pc or power supply it will automaticly start into charge-mode.
normaly you'll see a big battery thats charging.
But this process got hijacked so that it loads the cwm.

At all.. when you press the button without a connection to anything it just shuts down ;D

Possibly youtube video? May the ruin be backup with this procedure? Baggier Ira one possibly?!
thank you

Sorry, i don´t realy understand what you mean..

Last edited:

szunyi77

Sep 24, 2012
Szeged
restore

Hi

I tried it and it works to backup ... :)

just do not understand this sentence ...
"NOTE:
-
- This version of CWM has a restore bug, so you should not restore a nandroid backup with this version! "

Works the restore it?
This means that you do not restore the saved rom?

I'm sorry if you do not understand, I can not english.Google translator!

Thanks

Last edited:

luxxx123

Jun 26, 2012
Hi

"NOTE:
-
- This version of CWM has a restore bug, so you should not restore a nandroid backup with this version! "

Works the restore it?

When you restore via recovery(ENG).apk then your phone will brick!
So just restore with the temp recovery.

Detonatte

Jul 5, 2011
România
Please help me...see

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork
(Code -1)
CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.8

Installing: /sdcard/CWM-6.0.1.4.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Insyallation aborted

mthrichard

Oct 20, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get root on this phone. I am pretty new at this, although I was able to root my other phone, wildfire S, I cant seem to find anything for this motoluxe

Thanks

luxxx123

Jun 26, 2012
Please help me...see

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork
(Code -1)
CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.8

Installing: /sdcard/CWM-6.0.1.4.zip
Installing update...
Insyallation aborted

You don´t flash CWM-6.0.1.4 via CWM ! ! !
Read the instruction!
Unzip the package on a PC running Windows. Click on a file with the extension ".bat".
Any further instructions are mentioned in the window that will pop up!

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get root on this phone. I am pretty new at this, although I was able to root my other phone, wildfire S, I cant seem to find anything for this motoluxe

Thanks

I´ll write a instruction it´s realy simple

mthrichard

Oct 20, 2012
You don´t flash CWM-6.0.1.4 via CWM ! ! !
Read the instruction!
Unzip the package on a PC running Windows. Click on a file with the extension ".bat".
Any further instructions are mentioned in the window that will pop up!

I´ll write a instruction it´s realy simple

I was able to figure it out last night. Took a couple of days and a few tries. Found a website in French that explained it (luckily I know french very well). At first I had problems getting SUTLR to patch correctly, ADB drivers and moto drivers and different SUTLR versions later I got that working.
Then couldn't get SuperOneClick to actually root it, stuck at the "getting mount path". Tricky getting to time it right with rebooting the phone and opening that application, but after 3-4 times, got it rooted. Got the separate partition made and using link2sd too. All is well now :)

szunyi77

Sep 24, 2012
Szeged
Remove recovery

Hi, how to remove the device from the root Installable Recovery?
The application is removed, but the root is still working!
Solution?
Or, do not hurt me!

thank you

luxxx123

Jun 26, 2012
Solution?
Or, do not hurt me!

thank you

You want to remove the installed CWM? That gets executed via APK?
Should be realy easy just delete the "battery_charger"-symlink and paste in the original file.

When you want to unroot your phone, you have to flash a sbf or do a factory reset.

daerck

May 10, 2011
hi

i have some questions

with the temp recovery i can flash with cyanogen9? :D

sorry form my english, is very bad

Last edited:

haelium

Nov 19, 2012
trying 6.015...

Installing update...
Insyallation aborted...

What should i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motoluxe.png

for Motorola Motoluxe XT615

Foreword
    At the time there are two different kind of CWM recoverys. Both have their positiv and negativ characteristics. Some say the installable is better then the temp once, other think in a other way. So choose for your own and make your own experience.

Installable Recovery
    At first your phone has to be rooted! In the next step you have to activate "Unknown Applications" (Settings > Applications).
    Download the attached recovery(ENG).apk below or click for download. Copy the file to your sdcard and navigate to the directory where you have pasted the file in.
    Click on it and install the APK.

Now you should have a app called "System Recovery" in your menü. Before you continue you have to connect your phone to a power supply or to your PC.
    Now open the app and press the button with the title "Enter Recovery". You will be asked if you want to give the application root right.
    Agree and the phone will boot into recovery mode!

As usual you navigate with volume+, volume- and except with the powerbutton.

NOTE:
    - You´re just able to enter custom recovery while your phone is connected to PC or power supply.
    - This version of CWM has a restore bug, so you should not restore a nandroid backup with this version!

Temp Recovery
    By this type of recovery you have to execute a batchscript on a PC running Windows.
    Unzip the archive and double click on the "-=Recovery-loader=-.bat". Further instructions are mentioned in the script.

NOTE: Everytime you want to use this type of recovery, you have to reexecute the script

v6.0.2.7 (recommended version / click for download)
    - Language: English
    - no MD5 mismatch error
    - no root required!
    - after long time of testing, we can say it´ll work for 99%

v6.0.1.5 (click for download)

v6.0.1.4 (click for download):

Changelog
    25.01.12: Added new temp recovery 6.0.2.7 by enox and set as recommanded version
    18.10.12: Added new temp recovery 6.0.1.5 by enox and set as recommanded version
    03.10.12: Removed chinese Temp-Recovery 5.5.0.4 because englisch Temp-Recovery 6.0.1.4 is fully functional too and now recommanded to use
    22.09.12: Published CWM Recovery

Thanks goes to: enox.co | monkichi1987 | cjr123 | luxxx123

the command behind the button only shuts down the phone.
    when it is connected to the pc or power supply it will automaticly start into charge-mode.
    normaly you'll see a big battery thats charging.
    But this process got hijacked so that it loads the cwm.

At all.. when you press the button without a connection to anything it just shuts down ;D

thank you

Sorry, i don´t realy understand what you mean..
    Hi, I installed this temp recovery, but I did't noticed that SD card is unpluged. So when I canceled recovery and tryed to turn on my motoluxe it's just showing starting motorola logo and nothing more. What should I do?

The temp recovery is not installable.
    As its says its a temp recovery.

You´ve made changes in the recovery?
    You have a nandroid backup?
    Hi

"NOTE:
    -

Works the restore it?

When you restore via recovery(ENG).apk then your phone will brick!
    So just restore with the temp recovery.
    Solution?
    Or, do not hurt me!

thank you

You want to remove the installed CWM? That gets executed via APK?
    Should be realy easy just delete the "battery_charger"-symlink and paste in the original file.

When you want to unroot your phone, you have to flash a sbf or do a factory reset.