Software Update

Search This thread

theoner1

Oct 10, 2008
Still no updates for North bay Cali. I'm completely stock LJC never rooted. Even try clearing google frameservice data still no go.

notch8

Dec 5, 2007
For the gallery problem ... Try turning wifi off and see if it gets better

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I have.

Clearing google framework also corrupted my google account in playstore. Needed to delete google account from phone then add account again inorder to download from playstore.

That's crazy. Are you sure that was the only solution? I won't be doing that anymore. I'll just wait for mine. Still no update here in north central Florida. Tried the Google services framework thing dozens of times to no avail. I'm rooted, maybe before I get the official update they'll be a rooted version update. Oh well. I'm willing to lose root just to be able to use Google wallet.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

burnnhell

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco
The gallery thing is strange. For me i did a factory reformat to see if maybe something happened during the upgrade. My issue with gallery is if you're in an app like instagram and try to add photo from gallery it just sits blank. No photos ever show. Choosing the photo inside the gallery first then sharing to any app works fine though. Pretty solid update beyond that though.

Sent from my SPH-L900

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Im also noticing some battery drain I use to get like 6 hrs screen time with a total of 15+ all to gether wonder whats going on time to do some research lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
The gallery thing is strange. For me i did a factory reformat to see if maybe something happened during the upgrade. My issue with gallery is if you're in an app like instagram and try to add photo from gallery it just sits blank. No photos ever show. Choosing the photo inside the gallery first then sharing to any app works fine though. Pretty solid update beyond that though.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Same here exactly. It will show the pics eventually, and it seems to work a little better the 2nd time like it's cached or something, but only a little better still terrible. After a few minutes it's the same long wait all over again. Problem started on ma5 and is exactly the same on ma7.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Same here exactly. It will show the pics eventually, and it seems to work a little better the 2nd time like it's cached or something, but only a little better still terrible. After a few minutes it's the same long wait all over again. Problem started on ma5 and is exactly the same on ma7.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I did a factory reset to and didnt help. Wonder if Samsumg knows about it? How do we report this to them I want to make sure they are awear

ehupp01

Aug 5, 2010
I have.

Clearing google framework also corrupted my google account in playstore. Needed to delete google account from phone then add account again inorder to download from playstore.

This fixed me.

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may just have to clear the cache and data of Google Services Framework and the app itself. In order to resolve this issue, if you haven't done so already, please make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select the Play Store app, and then tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

For the Download manager:

2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select "Download manager," and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

For Google Services Framework

1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Navigate to the “All” section
3. Scroll down to find an app called Google Services Framework
4. Select Google Services Framework, then tap Clear cache and Clear data

Please note that after clearing the Google Play Store app data, if you have set a PIN code and/or a content filter, you'll need to re-apply these settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet/229297-nexus-10-not-showing-up-google-play-store-owned-devices-list.html#post2441235

Reactions: mevensen

SComp23

Feb 17, 2008
Im also noticing some battery drain I use to get like 6 hrs screen time with a total of 15+ all to gether wonder whats going on time to do some research lol

Something is certainly wrong. I had my phone in my pocket in a good reception area, did not turn the screen on for 4 hours, and when I did, battery was at 52%

Reactions: budde2

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
This fixed me.

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may just have to clear the cache and data of Google Services Framework and the app itself. In order to resolve this issue, if you haven't done so already, please make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select the Play Store app, and then tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

For the Download manager:

2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select "Download manager," and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

For Google Services Framework

1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Navigate to the “All” section
3. Scroll down to find an app called Google Services Framework
4. Select Google Services Framework, then tap Clear cache and Clear data

Please note that after clearing the Google Play Store app data, if you have set a PIN code and/or a content filter, you'll need to re-apply these settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...lay-store-owned-devices-list.html#post2441235

Tried all of this and no go. Have tried frameworks option about 20 times. Still nothing. It probably won't matter anyway. I'm about to switch to tmo. Sprint is just too freaking show. What's the point of having a great phone when you can't even use it.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Something is certainly wrong. I had my phone in my pocket in a good reception area, did not turn the screen on for 4 hours, and when I did, battery was at 52%

Yeah battery is for sure wores yesterday I got about 20 hrs with 5 hrs screen time witch that is good but i feel it could be better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted and Updated

I thought I'd provide some info for anyone with a rooted Note 2 worrying about the software update. This was my sequence of events:

*Stock TouchWiz ROM throughout*

1. I was rooted forever using the toolkit.
    2. I downloaded Chainfire's ExynosAbuse app and used it to fix the Exynos bug.
    3. Got prompted for Software Update.
    4. Undid Chainfire Exynos fix.
    5. Used OTA Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot.
    5. Ran Software Update - no probs
    6. Used OTA Rootkeeper to restore root.

So far... flawless *knocks on wood*
    I'm with you. Anybody know a way to just disable the notification?
    I tried freezing "system update" in titanium, and then clearing the cache. The stupid pop up keeps haunting me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

delete the update from /cache>
    then go to system/app>
    rename FWUpgrade.apk to FWUpgrade.apk.bak
    and if you are on odexed>
    you need to name FWUpgrade.odex to FWUpgrade.odex.bak as well
    -fix permissions
    -reboot
    -Party like a rock star
    I have an unrooted stock note 2 that was just activated 48 hours ago. If I get the ota I'll pull a logcat for everyone :)
    Is the update newer than MA5?

Higher numbers and letters usually mean this, yes. ;)
    Yes..This was announced. It fixes exynos although I'm still wondering what that means. What was wrong with our exynos to begin with

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

There was an error which allowed non system apps to write to restricted storage, this could cause malicious apps to wreck havoc by essentially having a back door. This mmc erroneous write was part of the way the camera and the chip worked together

Sent from my GT-I9100
    If I helped you, please hit the thanks button!