[Q] Boot loop after upgrading to CM11

Search This thread

guynamedcolin

Nov 14, 2013
Louisville
Running latest stable CM10.2, I updated to latest CM11 and everything is fine until it finally boots up. Once it finally gets to the lock screen, it automatically restarts after about 10 seconds. I want CM11, but I can't have it unless I want my phone completely useless.

How do I get CM11 without being stuck in this bootloop?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Running latest stable CM10.2, I updated to latest CM11 and everything is fine until it finally boots up. Once it finally gets to the lock screen, it automatically restarts after about 10 seconds. I want CM11, but I can't have it unless I want my phone completely useless.

How do I get CM11 without being stuck in this bootloop?

Did you wipe CM10.2 off the phone first or did you install CM11 overtop of 10.2?

If you installed it overtop of 10.2 that's your answer. You can't do that. Wipe it clean and do a fresh install.

guynamedcolin

Nov 14, 2013
Louisville
Did you wipe CM10.2 off the phone first or did you install CM11 overtop of 10.2?

If you installed it overtop of 10.2 that's your answer. You can't do that. Wipe it clean and do a fresh install.

That's what I figured. I didn't do that though. I force restarted it once again and it finally just didn't boot loop. Hope once I update to another nightly it doesn't decide to boot loop again. Thanks, though!