[Q] Tasker - GPS On/Off?

Search This thread

markp99

May 9, 2011
Anyone finding success with Tasker getting GPS control working on their Nexus 5 (Android 4.4)?

Tasker v4.1
Rooted
Secure Settings Pro/Helper

Example:
Profile>Application "GoogleMaps">New Task ("GPS On")>Plugin>SecureSettings>Edit>HelperActions>GPS>On>Save

ExitTask same as above but GPS>Off

When I launch GoogleMaps I can see Tasker working, but from within Tasker I see an error: "An error occurred while executing Action:GPS"

Any suggestions? Related to "Location Mode" setting approach with "High Accuracy", "Battery Saving", "Device Only" options?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: etoile

aecant

Nov 14, 2013
I solved this problem using Helper Alternative in Secure Settings (last option of Helper tab in Secure Settings)
Now with "gps on" action you switch from battery saving mode to high accuracy, and vice versa vith "gps off".
You can also use the action to enable/disable the entire location service but in that case every time you want it on it shows an annoying google location consent disclaimer

Last edited:

chimas16

Apr 9, 2009
I solved this problem using Helper Alternative in Secure Settings (last option of Helper tab in Secure Settings)
Now with "gps on" action you switch from battery saving mode to high accuracy, and vice versa vith "gps off".
You can also use the action to enable/disable the entire location service but in that case every time you want it on it shows an annoying google location consent disclaimer

Where is the option for battery saving mode or high accuaricy? I set it up only for Location services and the google location consent appear.
Also, is it possible to set it off in another way? because if I click in Tasks button in my phone, it suddenly turns gps off although Maps keeps running in the background

aecant

Nov 14, 2013
Where is the option for battery saving mode or high accuaricy? I set it up only for Location services and the google location consent appear.

you can switch between battery saving mode and high accuracy toggling the gps option:

gps on -> high accuracy
gps off -> battery saving mode

Also, is it possible to set it off in another way? because if I click in Tasks button in my phone, it suddenly turns gps off although Maps keeps running in the background

I use a workaround, I have set tasker to wait 20 seconds before disabling gps when i close apps that need location services, so when I switch to another app it doesn't turn off gps immediatly. I don't know other methods to make tasker consider that the app is running in the background

p4ranoid4ndroid

Jul 31, 2010
you can switch between battery saving mode and high accuracy toggling the gps option:

gps on -> high accuracy
gps off -> battery saving mode

I use a workaround, I have set tasker to wait 20 seconds before disabling gps when i close apps that need location services, so when I switch to another app it doesn't turn off gps immediatly. I don't know other methods to make tasker consider that the app is running in the background

How do you set tasked to time out after certain time? I keep trying but it just stays on high accuracy

lmuggeridge

May 31, 2014
GPS or locational services turning on solution

I created this tasker for if my phone got lost, but could be used for the Google Maps apps or Photo geotagging. This is for phones that are locked and require the google consent notice to be accepted.

Profile: recieved text "lostphone"
Task:

Secure settings: pattern lock disabled
Secure settings: wake phone
WIFI on
Mobile Data on
Secure settings: Location Services Enabled
Wait: 2 seconds
Dpad: Right repeat x2 (this is because the first time it doesn't work)
Dpad: Press repeat x1
Wait: 2 seconds
Secure settings: Pattern lock enabled
Secure settings: lock device

this makes the phone vulnerable but it only takes seconds for the phone to relock itself

Lewis

rxk

Apr 9, 2010
Hi,
I just installed tasker app on my Galaxy S7 Edge.
I tried to create a task to switch on GPS when running Pokemon App and then switch off once app is closed.

Task:
1. Launch App
App Pokemon Go Data %LOC

I run the task, as expected, it opens pokemon go app and 4G(gps) icon appears on the upper-left corner of my phone. But the icon won't disappear when I manually turn off the Location on Quick Settings.

Please help how to restore Location icon on-off.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone finding success with Tasker getting GPS control working on their Nexus 5 (Android 4.4)?

Tasker v4.1
    Rooted
    Secure Settings Pro/Helper

Example:
    Profile>Application "GoogleMaps">New Task ("GPS On")>Plugin>SecureSettings>Edit>HelperActions>GPS>On>Save

ExitTask same as above but GPS>Off

When I launch GoogleMaps I can see Tasker working, but from within Tasker I see an error: "An error occurred while executing Action:GPS"

Any suggestions? Related to "Location Mode" setting approach with "High Accuracy", "Battery Saving", "Device Only" options?

Thanks!