[Q] Updating Unlocked BL C6906 to 14.2.A.1.136 via PCC

Search This thread

harpax

Apr 23, 2011
I have an unlocked CA C6906 currently fully rooted running .290 & Doomkernel V6. If I do an update to 14.2.A.1.136 via PCC in its current state will this cause any issues or lost data? Should I re-flash the stock kernel before attempting the update?

Thanks!

xXFlippyXx

May 17, 2012
Why don't you use nut's flashable 136 over in Android development? Backup your data and restore afterwards

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: harpax

varunpilankar

Jul 8, 2012
Sony Xperia SP
Moto X
You cannot update your phone via PCC if the bootloader is unlocked..you have to use flashtool to update it or else if you've taken a TA backup then, restore it to relock the bootloader and then you can go ahead and update it via PCC..if not then you only have an option to update it via flashtool

Hit thanks if I have helped you..

Sent from my lt26i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: harpax

harpax

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks to both of you for your replies, very helpful. I didn't know about NUT's image - looking at that now. Otherwise I may just wait & wipe when the 4.4 firmware comes out.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
In the case you will want to Relock your Bootlader do not do that on Custom Kernel like Doomkernel because you will brick your phone. First flash stock then relock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why don't you use nut's flashable 136 over in Android development? Backup your data and restore afterwards

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
    You cannot update your phone via PCC if the bootloader is unlocked..you have to use flashtool to update it or else if you've taken a TA backup then, restore it to relock the bootloader and then you can go ahead and update it via PCC..if not then you only have an option to update it via flashtool

Hit thanks if I have helped you..

Sent from my lt26i using xda app-developers app