[ROM] [4.4.2 KitKat] N5110UEU2CNE2 Stock Rooted DeOdexed for GT-N5110

Search This thread

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Trying to mod my N5110 with the instructions in the OP. It's currently at over the air 4.4.2

Can't seem to get Philz recovery to stick. It came up once, but now if I boot into recovery its gone back to the OEM recovery. Also, root did not take effect after flashing the .zip.

Any ideas?

Where can I get "Kitkat Bootloader"?

To install Philz recovery you need to put your tablet in Download mode and then use PC ODIN to flash latest Philz recovery(philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110.tar.md5). make sure you are using the correct file to flash.

Reactions: bigtexan99

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Stock ODIN. I just noticed that most firmware listed was NE1. Just wanted to try out the NE2 firmware since that's the ROM I'm running.

You can download the stock ODIN package from http://www.sammobile.com/

Remember, if you are already not on 4.4 bootloader, using the ODIN package will upgrade your bootloader and there is no way to revert back to old bootloader as of now.

Last edited:

Kanalcommander

Dec 6, 2009
How about mobile Odin? It should not upgrade bootloader. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Yes mobile ODIN will not upgrade bootloader, but you need root even to use mobile ODIN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

krustybaguette

Jun 22, 2012
Olde Stourbridge Village MA
root GT N5110

To install Philz recovery you need to put your tablet in Download mode and then use PC ODIN to flash latest Philz recovery(philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110.tar.md5). make sure you are using the correct file to flash.

My Note 8.0 is on ota 4.4.2 Build KOT49.H N5110UEU2CNE2. All I want to do is root it so I can install TIBU and freeze all the excess Samsung junk. After going through this with my Galaxy S-3 after taking the JB 4.3 ota I thought it would be relatively simple to root the Note but so far I'm running into roadblocks.

I'm running Linux and have tried using Adam Outler's JOdin3....connects but can't get a PIT file.

I have also tried running Odin3 v 3.09 via winebrowser. Program runs but apparently does not connect. Nothing appears in the ID:C0M box.

I have CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5

what am I missing?

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
My Note 8.0 is on ota 4.4.2 Build KOT49.H N5110UEU2CNE2. All I want to do is root it so I can install TIBU and freeze all the excess Samsung junk. After going through this with my Galaxy S-3 after taking the JB 4.3 ota I thought it would be relatively simple to root the Note but so far I'm running into roadblocks.

I'm running Linux and have tried using Adam Outler's JOdin3....connects but can't get a PIT file.

I have also tried running Odin3 v 3.09 via winebrowser. Program runs but apparently does not connect. Nothing appears in the ID:C0M box.

I have CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5

what am I missing?
Why don't you try setting up a windows virtual machine using vmware or virtualbox, I have never tried Odin on Linux.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Thank you again for this build. It gave me a base to make a "me rom" and incorporate Boeffla kernel in it. Finally leaning something about the build process.

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

Last edited:

NAU420

Apr 8, 2012
Super User

I can not get Super user to update, so I download 1.15 and flashed, Still says SU binary not installed. Am I missing something?

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
I can not get Super user to update, so I download 1.15 and flashed, Still says SU binary not installed. Am I missing something?

Just reboot to recovery and install the latest SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip), that should install/update the latest su binaries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [4.4.2 KitKat] N5110UEU2CNE2 Stock Rooted DeOdexed for GT-N5110

This is the official N5110UEU2CNE2 KitKat v4.4.2 (US Version) from Samsung for GT-N5110

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Features
    Deodexed
    Knox Removed
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Boot Sound Disabled

Requirements
    1) A GT-N5110
    2) PhilZ / TWRP recovery
    3) Kitkat Bootloader or Civato's Custom Kernel Thanks him for his great work!!!

Installation
    1. Backup your device, in case you wanted to revert back.
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset in recovery.
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot
    5. Run SuperSU
    6. If you get an error saying No Binary installed, reboot to recovery and install the latest SuperSU using recovery.
    7. Reboot

Download Links:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543946

MD5: 203B51DCB02FB87512CDF6155272D972

Enjoy!!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    N5110UEU2CNE2 Stock Rooted DeOdexed, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    pvsgh
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: GT-N5110 Only

Version Information

Created 2014-06-05
    Last Updated 2014-06-11
    Has anyone had issues getting wifi to activate after flashing? I updated recovery to Philz and clean flashed (a couple of times).

I'm on NE 1 and had similar issues until I flashed the full TAR (not just A ZIP version). I believe its because Samsung wrote something in the update that requires the new Bootloader to get any connectivity.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Yes you need to have latest bootloader installed to get a working WiFi, this is specified in Requirements in 1st post.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    I'd be interested in knowing that as well.

Proper 5 band wifi support (not crippled due to British regulations) and multiuser on stock.

Sent from my LG-D803
    where can i find the bootlader? my wifi isnt working.

Go get Civato's kernel for your device and flash it. It will bring back wifi without updating bootloader which will trip counter. There is a link in OP.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app