My Today Screen

Search This thread
Nov 15, 2006
Clean and simple. I just need to find a calendar alert/notification that works with Phone Alarm??

Also, anyone know how to change the color of the Edge, Signal and Alarm icons at the top?

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,443

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
Clean and simple. I just need to find a calendar alert/notification that works with Phone Alarm??

Isn't that a waste of space in the mid section, which can be used to display information instead of just.. a picture. Anyway, the standard notification will pop up and repeat itself, which doesn't contribute much if it to were to be work together with PhoneAlarm, other than to make it prettier. Anyway, the easier (costl-ier) way to change the top icons is to use Wisbar.

hooperman

Dec 5, 2006
Might be a daft question but here i go.

Been using Wisbar advance @ desktop for a week or so now and there is one annoying thing that is getting right up my nose, why is it that when i install WA2 and WA does it not load the background skin that i use it keeps defaulting to the WM5 blue background (wallpaper) but the top menu and softkey menu are in my designated skin. I use a SPV M5000 and when i switch between screens (landscape then portrait on swivel screen) the background wallpaper disapears. Also my drop down menu seems to "loose" its programs menu.

Is there a simple switch i am not selecting here..??

fde2blk22

Feb 24, 2006
here's how it looks now:
screen005ul4.jpg

screen006jg5.jpg

WA2 PSP theme
I made the psshutxp skin to match it, the drops background looks awesome!:cool:

GldRush98

Jun 3, 2006
Taylorville, IL.
www.GldRush98.com
I couldn't stand WA or WAD. They bogged the system to **** and made it painful to use. I uninstalled them both with in 5 minutes of installing them. Can't stand them.

I like the stock screen:
mytodayscreen1.jpg

I do use zombienexus dialer skin though:
mytodayscreen2.jpg

KTamas

Sep 2, 2004
I couldn't stand WA or WAD. They bogged the system to **** and made it painful to use. I uninstalled them both with in 5 minutes of installing them. Can't stand them.

I like the stock screen:
mytodayscreen1.jpg

I do use zombienexus dialer skin though:
mytodayscreen2.jpg
The first rule of Fight Club: You do not talk about the Fight Club ;)

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
quick and dirty iPhone mock

As originally posted here. Double post it here to keep the iPhone discussion there and theming here.

The top section is done by cLaunch, while bottom section is with phoneAlarm. Icons and phoneAlarm skin available at the original post above.

Attached the TSK for it (allBlack.tsk). If you use this theme, you will still see grey in the middle section. To make it all black, create the following values, type "Binary" and give both the value "00 00 00 00". Then restart your system (switch your phone off and on first before soft reset)

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\Color_SoftkeyFlatCenter
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\Color_TitleFlatCenter

Use this allBlack.tsk theme

The values Color_SoftkeyFlatCenter and Color_TitleFlatCenter should not exist, so you will need to create them.

Note: You will only get the "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\" when you use this theme. If you are using other theme, you will get "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\xxx.tsk\" where "xxx" if the name of the theme you use.

Last edited:

matt5115

Dec 26, 2003
As originally posted here. Double post it here to keep the iPhone discussion there and theming here.

The top section is done by cLaunch, while bottom section is with phoneAlarm. Icons and phoneAlarm skin available at the original post above.

Attached the TSK for it (allBlack.tsk). If you use this theme, you will still see grey in the middle section. To make it all black, create the following values, type "Binary" and give both the value "00 00 00 00". Then restart your system (switch your phone off and on first before soft reset)

Code:

The values Color_SoftkeyFlatCenter and Color_TitleFlatCenter should not exist, so you will need to create them.

Note: You will only get the "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\" when you use this theme. If you are using other theme, you will get "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\xxx.tsk\" where "xxx" if the name of the theme you use.
Amazing Job!!!

What are the settings for the icon names spacing. I can only see a few letters of the names.

Thanks.

cyberdrakula

Oct 24, 2005
New York
allBlack.tsk

Code:

Can't find the "allBlack.tsk".

MOHDWADEA

Jul 26, 2005
Wisbar Advance

Here are some samples of the skins and docks i have running on my BA. I have 4 main screens: login,Today, programs and Settings. Within each page i have icons on the left which when pressed open a dock with programs within it. I have approx 50 docks in this skin. docks can be minimised or closed, or maximised.

Attachments

• login.jpg
    login.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,068
  • programs.jpg
    programs.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 427
  • games.jpg
    games.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 446
  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 367

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
V: That works great. I'm considering doing an rlToday icon thingie so that calendar and clock icon are dynamic instead of static. As that's only 2 icons, I'm wondering that's to put in between the rlToday.

Others:

Sorry, my fault. Forgot to attached the Theme file. Attached done, in allBlack.zip.

cLauncher settings:
Icon size: 32
Icon name width: 46
Icon name heught: 12
Icon margins: H5, V10
Windwos margin: L8 R0 T0 B0

Shawner

Sep 1, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Indeed ;)

I was actually motivated to change my theme last night. I've had Orange themes on it for a while and decided to switch it up. I'm digging the green theme now:

mynewtoday1.jpg

mynewtoday2.jpg

WHat program do you use for your weather? That one looks a lot nicer and more informative than mine. Also, can you post the HTC green theme? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
Ok. I've finally got "the letter" to have this removed. You need to get it from somewhere else. Good luck.

There are more than 500 download, you ought to able to get it somewhere. :)

-original post-

Attached new version with dynamic clock and calendar using rlToday. Also, top and bottom bar hidden using Vj's toggleToday. All available from this forum, just to a search. Attached the rlToday skin. You may need to adjust the XML (rlToday) for the height.

As you see, the clock is not as good as it should be. All the hands seems to be running away from the center. I have to use a PNG as the hourhand just to fill in the middle. Anyone know how to solve this without using a PNG as the hourhand?

Happy modding :D

Last edited:

victoradjei

Nov 8, 2004
Could you tell me how you got the link to "settings"? Cant'find it by exploring with cLaunch or even TotalCommander :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All of this damn sreens are totally full!
    Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! :p
    Is there a way to make my Today screen look like my desktop? I would prefer the "Start" appear on the bottom left instead of the top left. I would also like a taskbar on the bottom of the screen, which would go well with the bottom-left Start button. Then the rest of the screen will have icons for everything I need. Together this would look similar to my PC desktop, which I would feel more comfortable using. Any help is appreciated!
    everything i right place and high efficiency
    :)
    capture006_119.jpg

capture003_407.jpg

capture004_118.jpg