Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

uncfan44

Oct 11, 2011
virgina beach
just thought i'd add when using cm9 with default keyboard when and auto correct and spell check when it catches a word that it doesnt know and it red lines it cant add to dictionary. i hit the word, select add to dictionary and when it brings up dictionary i hit ok then it throws up error "unfortunatly setthings has stopped." Not sure if anyone has had this error or not. also i get random jumps in battery drain.. i will be at 60% or under, then randomly it will jump to 40 with nothing running or maybe just music from google music streaming to BT... but its not related to that i i dont think bc i have it running most of day and just randomly at least 2 times per charge it will jump down alot and i cant find a reason why (using jokers kernel). besides that its real smooth and GPS finds faster than ever, BT stays connected with little to no drops for me. Over all GREAT job guys!

yukkerz

Oct 2, 2009
just thought i'd add when using cm9 with default keyboard when and auto correct and spell check when it catches a word that it doesnt know and it red lines it cant add to dictionary. i hit the word, select add to dictionary and when it brings up dictionary i hit ok then it throws up error "unfortunatly setthings has stopped." Not sure if anyone has had this error or not. also i get random jumps in battery drain.. i will be at 60% or under, then randomly it will jump to 40 with nothing running or maybe just music from google music streaming to BT... but its not related to that i i dont think bc i have it running most of day and just randomly at least 2 times per charge it will jump down alot and i cant find a reason why (using jokers kernel). besides that its real smooth and GPS finds faster than ever, BT stays connected with little to no drops for me. Over all GREAT job guys!

I have the same problem with the user dictionary. I love this rom. The install was amazing on how I can choose what I want. Only thing missing is 4g :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    too much for listing at this point. Basically the kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -Tablet mod

downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period

The first rule of KITCHEN SINK is...YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

The second rule of KITCHEN SINK is....YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

It NEEDS a rom installed on it for touch to work! :)

Gonna work to keep the MIUI portion as up to date as possible as quickly as possible....MIUI.us releases on Friday, we usually release ours Sat/Sun.
    Plan to work on updates being a small flashable zip with what's new so it's not a full new install....update will contain mostly have options

If you have an idea for a theme, ask bytethegroove...he's done a great job with the buuf version. We're looking to get some more ideas.
    Hopefully, though, with this coming week's update, MIUI will finally fix themes.
    So, before mentioning it, read....THEMES DO NOT FULLY WORK right now through the app...it will theme parts, but not all. Only full theme is the buuf that byte did at this time. :)

Note: CM9 Music doesn't fully work in MIUI. MIUI has integration of Music app in the notification bar as well as lockscreen, so if you choose to use cm9's music app...it may bork
    will be keeping aokp, gummy, and CNA (if the Dev becomes active again otherwise just cm9 base updates, fixes, and mods) up to date and on par with the threads themselves.... if not better with all the extra options in the sink.... feel free to hit me up in any of the individual threads for help on the ROM you are using just be sure to mention if its coming from the sink or not... hope you guys like what this is becoming I know I do......... but....
    above all play smart make back ups and enjoy..... thanks
    OK EVERYONE!
    Hope everyone is enjoying Kitchen Sink V1.3.
    There is LITERALLY DAYS worth of collaboration between Joker, Spleef, and myself on this project. We've tested some of it, but with 3 people, there's NO WAY we can test it all and have time to add in anything new.
    SO We have a homework assignment for everyone flashing Kitchen Sink:
    3 THINGS:
    1) What options you chose
    2) What works
    3) What does not

We are willing to help and answer questions, but if you do NOT provide the above 3 requirements, YOU WILL NOT GET RESPONDED TO. There are TOO many options on this rom as it is with TOO MANY configurations for us to have to try to GUESS why something is or is not working. Help us out, and we will help you out.

Give us as much information on as many possible combinations as you can...This will help us bring you a really KICK-ASS product!

Thanks again, and Enjoy Kitchen Sink!! I know I am :)
    few things are broken as expected but i will release today. just dont expect alot to work right. todays release will be about fixing stuff