[Driver] Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU ICS Flashable Update {UnSigned}

Search This thread

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
This Adreno GPU update is ONLY designed to work on Qualcomm S3 ARM7 Devices running ICS.

Greetings, I have been on XDA for a long time and I hope that you all can benefit from this patch as we have over at the Amaze Forums. Here is a link to my Original Thread and evidence of this patch's success for our Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU devices running ICS.

We have proven that this driver Patch has doubled our GPU throughput for 2D and 3D rendering.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631223

I have only tested this on my T-Mobile HTC Amaze (Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU) and have not experienced any issues.

I have created this Recovery Flashable Patch to Install the Qualcomm Updated Adreno Drivers on the "Official Ruby ICS" release.

Qualcomm Developers Website

I did not get a screenshot of the results before flashing this, however I have seen dramatically improved result on my Quadrant 3D scores with "Force 2D GPU rendering" UNCHECKED in the Setting->Develop Options Menu of this ICS Release. With this option checked I have seen improvements on both 2D and 3D. Although results are slightly degraded for 3D from post update the 2D results have doubled in value.

Quadrant results were obtained immediately after restart to avoid any other processes interfering with the results.

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering NOT checked.
attachment.php

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.
attachment.php

If someone would post a screenshot of the before Quadrant result I would gladly add it to this post. Please only post results Immediately after restart for conformity.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Required
Root Required

1. Pre Requisites fulfilled (Root) (ICS)
  2. Install "Adreno ICS Update" to the root of your SD Card
  3. Toggle Signature Verification in Recovery
  4. Install zip via Recovery
  5. Fix Permissions
  6. Reboot
  7. ENJOI!!!

Thank you dhkr234 for the flashable zip framework.

Please post any other tested configurations and I will add them for other community members reference.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, or how you execute, use this at your own risk!

Last edited:

eterno13

Dec 9, 2010
houston
So this works on sensation?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
Anyone tried it yet?
coindroid changelog yesterday for 1.5.0 states:

'Updated Adreno GPU binaries.'

so i'm thinking they may be already included.

I am not sure if coindroid added these binaries to his ROM. Ask him.

This is for all who have ICS without the binaries pre-baked and would like to add these for performance results.

Thank you,
gjcamp

Reactions: erikvario

El Pako87

Oct 13, 2009
Ehi guys this new update worked flawlessly for me.

Before the upgrade I had 2697 (2D 490, 3D 2195) with quadrant, after the update 3608 (2D 495, 3D 2220).

As you can see the improvement is not so incredible in graphics, but CPU has increased from 3231 to 6549 :eek: that's incredible! Also MEM increased around 600 points.

I'm running ARHD 6.6.3 XE with Sebastian FM 1.4.1 kernel.

Anyone experienced the same?

malaivica

Dec 28, 2010
Mainhatten
Hi,
just tried this out on Leedroids V7.3
But not with quadrant, i used nenamark2.

Without the update
uploadfromtaptalk1336227564027.jpg

Right after
uploadfromtaptalk1336227594605.jpg
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Gho57

Dec 12, 2008
ARHD 6.6.3 XE with stock kernel, QUADRANT SCORE

3 TEST with Force 2D GPU rendering unchecked

2D 455--->481(after patch)
3D 2108--->2008(after patch)

2D 472--->481(after patch)
3D 2181--->2325(after patch)

2D 463--->485(after patch)
3D 2154--->2186(after patch)

~equal in 3d but a little better in 2D

Last edited:

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
Ehi guys this new update worked flawlessly for me.

Before the upgrade I had 2697 (2D 490, 3D 2195) with quadrant, after the update 3608 (2D 495, 3D 2220).

As you can see the improvement is not so incredible in graphics, but CPU has increased from 3231 to 6549 :eek: that's incredible! Also MEM increased around 600 points.

I'm running ARHD 6.6.3 XE with Sebastian FM 1.4.1 kernel.

Anyone experienced the same?

Enable the forced 2D rendering please.

I would bet your 2D performance doubles.

Thank you,
gjcamp

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

cwk_and

Mar 24, 2011
pinang
This patch really give a huge and significant boost
i get 3.8k quadrant score,:eek:
before this,I just get 2.4k
Regarding my kernel setting:
Bricked kernel(GPU rendering enabled)
OC 1.8ghz
Zram enabled,
2D max OC,
3D OC disabled
Screenshot_2012-05-05-22-26-18.png

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
How can I toggle signature vertification???also how can I fix permissions???

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using XDA

cwk_and

Mar 24, 2011
pinang
Besides,multithread of linpack is also slightly increase:)
nenamark2 also increase from 43.6fps to 48.6fps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Adreno GPU update is ONLY designed to work on Qualcomm S3 ARM7 Devices running ICS.

Greetings, I have been on XDA for a long time and I hope that you all can benefit from this patch as we have over at the Amaze Forums. Here is a link to my Original Thread and evidence of this patch's success for our Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU devices running ICS.

We have proven that this driver Patch has doubled our GPU throughput for 2D and 3D rendering.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631223

I have only tested this on my T-Mobile HTC Amaze (Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU) and have not experienced any issues.

I have created this Recovery Flashable Patch to Install the Qualcomm Updated Adreno Drivers on the "Official Ruby ICS" release.

Qualcomm Developers Website

I did not get a screenshot of the results before flashing this, however I have seen dramatically improved result on my Quadrant 3D scores with "Force 2D GPU rendering" UNCHECKED in the Setting->Develop Options Menu of this ICS Release. With this option checked I have seen improvements on both 2D and 3D. Although results are slightly degraded for 3D from post update the 2D results have doubled in value.

Quadrant results were obtained immediately after restart to avoid any other processes interfering with the results.

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering NOT checked.
    attachment.php

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.
    attachment.php

If someone would post a screenshot of the before Quadrant result I would gladly add it to this post. Please only post results Immediately after restart for conformity.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Required
    Root Required

1. Pre Requisites fulfilled (Root) (ICS)
    2. Install "Adreno ICS Update" to the root of your SD Card
    3. Toggle Signature Verification in Recovery
    4. Install zip via Recovery
    5. Fix Permissions
    6. Reboot
    7. ENJOI!!!

Thank you dhkr234 for the flashable zip framework.

Please post any other tested configurations and I will add them for other community members reference.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, or how you execute, use this at your own risk!
    nope, thread starter post in this place randomly :rolleyes:

Sensation = Qualcom 220 = S3
    no offense, but most of of your results don't say anything since Quadrant is really bull**** let me explain why.

-Quadrant is hackable by multiple applications which let u cheat with it.
    -One X gets lower 3D/2D then Sensation, which shows how bad the application is cause that is just not possible.
    -Quadrant does more mem/cpu/i-o testing then GL so its useless to test those gl drivers with quadrant.
    -Quadrant's points change by every benchmark, if you test with NenaMark2 you will get much more reliable results.

And i want to warn all of you,

Most rom's include the OpenGLES 2.0 2184622 instead of the GL files from this thread, so with the drivers from this thread u will actually remove the newer OpenGL files which came from One S series.

be sure to check your gl version with opengles extension viewer.
    Additional Configurations Tested

Additional ROMS with confirmed improvements:

ROMS with these NEW Adreno Drivers Baked in:
    Tried this out with Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2 and Fauxs 6b4.

Using Antutu, my original score was around 6200. After flashing, it was around 4500. I noticed my RAM took a drop from ~1350 down to ~600.

No difference in 2D and 3D for me.

Seeing others' results though makes me think it's something with VI...idk.