Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Search This thread

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
The red triangle is just stock recovery.

I didn't think you needed to rename recovery-from-boot.p anymore so you may not be flashing recovery correctly. Anyway, here are the twrp instructions for the N7 since the recovery-from-boot.p part is not in the N10 instructions, just in case you need it.

Yeah I'm a moron. I forgot that was the stock recovery, then I realized I was trying to flash TWRP 2.4.1.3 for the Toshiba Thrive and wondered why it didn't work. I used 2.4.1.0 for the Manta and it took instantly. I appreciate all the help you guys! :good:

Fromako

Dec 1, 2012
I'm not sure. I have 40d from last week thru Google. When did they replace them? I don't believe I'm on those

You would only have the corrupted version if you used the factory restore image posted on Google's website before Dec 1st. It doesn't sound like it would be the case for you.

stealthj

Jan 16, 2008
Silicon Valley, California
You would only have the corrupted version if you used the factory restore image posted on Google's website before Dec 1st. It doesn't sound like it would be the case for you.
Ooh OK I see. Yeah I don't have that. Just stock with cwm and super su. I don't have much on the device so I'll just flash factory images and let it ota I guess... Or I'll just wait till I get home and just push the ota images inside the zip with adb... Hmm.. Wondering what the deal is here... Hopefully nexus 4 doesn't have the same issues...

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
Do I have to create the "backup" folder under TWRP? Or can I just put the files under the TWRP folder? Because there are 2 small files under the TWRP folder, but no subfolder.

This is where I placed the Boot folder

Code:
sdcard/TWRP/Backups/R32XXXXXX/Boot 2013_01_05

R32XXXXX corresponds to the folder that TWRP created, you could try place the extract folder under backups but I'm not sure if it would work or not - what I have mentioned above worked without any issues.

Hope that helps

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Sssoo, I've read through the entire thread looking for a change log, and didn't see anybody post one. But from what I can tell, it didn't update anything significant, and even more, people are STILL getting random idle reboots. Conclusion: I'll just stay on AOKP 4.2.1....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

ninfragile14

Nov 13, 2010
Tempe, AZ
I am on cm 10.1 with clockwork recovery right now. I would really like to try out the update. I have tried several times to flash the stock image with fastboot so I can go through the upgrades. However, everytime, it stops at sending.... bootloader and just sits there. the drivers are installed and fastboot sees my device but wont flash anything. any tips??

Fromako

Dec 1, 2012
Sssoo, I've read through the entire thread looking for a change log, and didn't see anybody post one. But from what I can tell, it didn't update anything significant, and even more, people are STILL getting random idle reboots. Conclusion: I'll just stay on AOKP 4.2.1....

The summary so far is fixes for bluetooth streaming, long-press quick toggles and general bug fixes. I'm giving 4.2.2 a chance but if I start getting reboots I'll go back to AOKP as well.

ninfragile14

Nov 13, 2010
Tempe, AZ

For me the bluetooth fixes would be a big deal. I can't use a mouse and keyboard while on wifi and movies studder while listening via bluetooth. I really need bluetooth to work properly.

pfmiller

May 24, 2010
Did you try this thread?

Some changes relating to the soft restarts are mentioned in the change log, so it should be better now. I've only seen one person reporting a reboot post 4.2.2, so it seems a little soon to say it's not any better.

Reactions: mistermidas

sl4y3r88

Mar 8, 2012
What is the basis that Google uses to push updates? Why don't all Takju users get it at the same time? Is it IP based? Are there any priorities or something like that? Just curious.

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Did you try this thread?

Some changes relating to the soft restarts are mentioned in the change log, so it should be better now. I've only seen one person reporting a reboot post 4.2.2, so it seems a little soon to say it's not any better.

Nope, I'll take a look at that, thanks. Either way though, I like the setup i have now a lot. So unless i see something major updated, more than a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth toggle and some animations, I'll just wait until the developers, namely for AOKP roll out the 4.2.2. ROMs.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Here's exactly how I updated:

- Used 4.2 Factory Image
- Rebooted immediately back to Bootloader after the flash-all.bat was complete (didn't let OS boot)
- Locked Bootloader
- Went to Recovery
- Sideloaded the 4.2 to 4.2.1 update
- Sideloaded the 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 update immediately afterwards
- Wiped Data and Cache
- Rebooted

So far everything seems well.

For some weird reason when I first restocked my device, I wasn't able to access Recovery after OTA updating from 4.2 to 4.2.1 (got "No command."). No idea what was up with that.

Last edited:

xXFallenXx

Nov 13, 2012
Any word when nexus 10s in Canada will get the update?

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

I got mine around 10pm. I had to clear the google services framework data.
I flashed the factory image, got the 4.2.1 ota, and then waited a while but the 4.2.2 didn't come on its own(*unlike 4.2.1)
Clearing the google services framework data and then checking for updates worked immediately.

mieszk3

Nov 18, 2008
Poznan
I merged updates of google apps with ROM using Titanium Backup and now OTA update doesn't go because of hash code checking. Does anyone have original apks from 4.2.1 version? Or maybe some hint how to get them?
I need: CalendarGoogle.apk, Chrome.apk, Currents.apk, Gmail2.apk, GmsCore.apk, GoogleEarth.apk, Maps.apk, Music2.apk, Phonesky.apk, PlusOne.apk, Street.apk, talkback.apk, Velvet.apk and YouTube.apk. And the proper odex files if exist.

Thanks in advance.

----- Edited -----
Ok, i extracted origonal apk from stock system.img. Now I will try to downgrade apks to stock one.
I failed on odex.p files and patches.

Last edited:

pfmiller

May 24, 2010
What is the basis that Google uses to push updates? Why don't all Takju users get it at the same time? Is it IP based? Are there any priorities or something like that? Just curious.
I don't think anyone outside of Mountain View knows the answer to that. I would guess since the deleting the Services Framework trick really does seem to work, it may be based on some random device ID assigned to each device when the device first logs in with a Google account but that's just my theory.

teodor_ch

Nov 28, 2008
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 10 4.2.2 OTA URL

Hi all,

You can download 4.2.2 OTA from below link. Have a fun!! :fingers-crossed:
    MD5:ed637878ccba20ba9d44e62685ac67e9

http://android.clients.google.com/p...igned-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip
    Thanks! I tried it but got stuck in the same situation. The update was downloaded but not installed properly.

Thanks for helping. I'm all done with the setting up the variables. Whats next now?

Awesome... Assuming you backed up your loot. The following will wipe your tablet clean and install a fresh stock unrooted, Jellybean 4.2.2

Download the 4.2.2 factory image: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e.tgz

Unzip that.. Inside that is a tar file you need to unzip which contains a folder named "mantaray-jdq39". For tutorial purposes I'm going to assume we unzipped it into the root of C:\

Unzip the image-mantaray-jdq39.zip that is sitting in that directory (mantaray-jdq39). It will contain 5 img files.. They should all be sitting in the same directory

Power down the device and boot into the bootloader of your device.. Unplug the usb from PC and hold BOTH Vol Up-Down and the power button until you get into the bootloader. You'll know it's the right one if you can use the volume keys to switch between start, recovery etc... Plug your Nexus into your PC now..

Open a command prompt and change directories to where you unzipped the tar and zip file earlier.. ie: C:\manataray-jdp39

(if your bootloader is still locked you need to type "fastboot oem unlock" and then follow the instructions on your screen first)

Now type flash-all

Wait it out until your device reboots on its own..

You're done..

If you want to root after this ask here.. Me, or someone else will tell you how to do using the programs provided in the SDK you installed.. This way you will know the exact processes taking place as you yourself will be running each command to install recovery etc.. Then in the event something goes wrong in the future you will most likely be able to fix it yourself.. Also, you'll be more prepared to help others out in similar situations.

* - I'm assuming you already had the USB drivers installed and thus skipped all that jazz.
    I don't care about the data. I have backed up everything. Just wanted to make sure it will work with just one file with flash-all command.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Nailed it.! The problem was Internet Download Manager. What I downloaded was .tgz file and IDM (i don't know why) converted it to .tar and that was the reason of not showing the contents properly.

---------- Post added 18th February 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th February 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

Yes, finally I am on 4.2.2 :D Thanks a lot for everything. Really you have helped a lot. Now the final part, Rooting. The way you described, I would like to do the same way.

Congrats!

This is easy also..

First we need to download the Flashable SuperSU.
    Go to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    In the first post download the flashable zip by clicking the link following the text "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: "

Place it in a spot on your device.. Doesn't matter where.. Just as long as you know where it is at.

Download TWRP (what will be your new recovery): http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Type in "Nexus 10" click link for it that appears, then click "Download the newest .img file from here" (you want openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img whatever is the newest at the time of reading this)" on the next page.

Reboot to bootloader - Hold both Vol Up/Down + Power

Connect your device to the PC

Now we are going to instruct fastboot to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img to the recovery partition of your device

Open a command prompt where you have the TWRP openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img file you downloaded

Type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img

Once you get the a-ok.. You can now use the volume key to choose "recovery" then the power button to boot into recovery.

TWRP should load.. Now you want to touch "install".. Browse to where you placed the SuperSU zip, choose it, swipe to flash and you should be done at that point and can reboot.
    Good call on the platform tools being outdated. I had downloaded it all today, but I just ran SDK Manager and it said there was an update available. After installing that, everything seems to work OK. It was definitely using an old fastboot as there are more options for it now. Not sure why.

Anyway, everything works perfect now! Thanks so much. I really owe you one.

Woohoo! So awesome.. Look at it this way.. You just got a lot of trouble shooting experience in and have a much better understanding how these things work.. The toolkits just can't replace hands on experience. :) Glad you're updated.. Now go install some games and relax. :good:
    If anyone is not rooted and has upgraded to 4.2.2 here for rooting and installing CWM! :cowboy:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144831