[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery

Search This thread

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.0-0:

-Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
-True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
-Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
-Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
-Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
-Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
-SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
-Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
-Update AOSP base to 6.0
-A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

Downloads:
Universal for all HTC One M7 Variants!

Official - https://dl.twrp.me/m7univ/

MdMowers - http://android.cmphys.com/twrp-m7/

Last edited:

deagleone

May 3, 2008
Heilbronx
AW: [RECOVERY][3/7/2013]TWRP v2.4.3.0 [HTC Dumlock for S-ON]

uuuuuuups

Check time of post before u post,

:D

one'ed...

Reactions: chingonx

chrisch1974

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Flyhalf205 - there will be another problem with the recoveries too. HTC is storing preloaded stuff on /data. So the recovery must not format /data. Instead it must delete the necessary folders like on the One X+.

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Re: [RECOVERY][3/7/2013]TWRP v2.4.3.0 [HTC Dumlock for S-ON]

Flyhalf205 - there will be another problem with the recoveries too. HTC is storing preloaded stuff on /data. So the recovery must not format /data. Instead it must delete the necessary folders like on the One X+.

Yes. This isn't going to be a problem because I fixed that before the recovery was began working.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

chrisch1974

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Yes. This isn't going to be a problem because I fixed that before the recovery was began working.

Great work Flyhalf205. I only wanted to point out that there could be a problem with the /data partition as nobody thought about it when the system dump was made :laugh:

But cool that there is already a perfect TWRP for the One:D

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com

Great work Flyhalf205. I only wanted to point out that there could be a problem with the /data partition as nobody thought about it when the system dump was made :laugh:

I wouldn't say perfect. Idk if it boots and the screen resolution is a little messed up haha

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6

D'hooo!! :( is not good news! I would buy this phone but I do not want to loose the warranty unlocking the bootloader! :(

Most carriers don't care, it doesn't say anywhere that unlocking your bootloader voids your warranty

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sinosuke

Tw1tchy

May 28, 2011
VanCoVer

I'm thinking about spending the extra money for phone insurance if HTC doesn't give us any warranty.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6

Could any of you dump the files which are preloaded on the data partition?

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.0-0:

-Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    -True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    -Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    -Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    -Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    -Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    -SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    -Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    -Update AOSP base to 6.0
    -A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

Downloads:
    Universal for all HTC One M7 Variants!

Official - https://dl.twrp.me/m7univ/

MdMowers - http://android.cmphys.com/twrp-m7/
    Hi,
    Can I ask what's the best way to reset permissions of backups using version 2.6?

I tried this command on my 4.1.2 stock rom:
    adb shell chmod -R 777 /data/media/TWRP

but received this: "Operation not permitted"

Root explorer won't do it either.

Thanks.
    Do you have ROOT? I think that on stock rom without root you can't execute this command.
    If you have root, then try to execute:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    for 4.1.2 rom:
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 /data/media/TWRP
    or for 4.2.2 rom:
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 /data/media/0/TWRP
    Code:
    exit
    Code:
    exit
    Here the flashable zip of twrp2.6.3.4.
    New TWRP 2.6.3.0 is out. I attached a flashable zip.

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    • A few other fixes and tweaks
    source