[Q] [Help] Red triangle issue

Search This thread

TheZbunj

Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

I tried to update my friends HTC Desire HD from 2.3.5 to 4.2.2. Let me point out that my experience with ROM flashing and rooting is limited.
Since he still had stock ROM my plan was to unlock bootloader, root the device, flash CWM and flash custom some custom ROM(same way I have done before with HTC wildfire S)

I used htcdev to unlock bootloader and that went well.

After that I tried to root using HTC Quick Root. Rooting failed with message device is missing Insecure boot.img. In order to fix this I tried to flash boot.img from fastboot using folllowing command: fastboot flash image boot.img

After this device never booted again. It starts to boot showing green HTC logo but soon goes to image of phone with red triangle and exclamation.

I have red many posts about this problem and possible solutions but non of it worked for me.

As I understand it solution is to flash RUU or manually flash recovery.img but I need some help on how to proceed.
RUU install is failing with error140bootloader version error.

*** UNLOCKED ***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP- 0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
DEC 22 2011, 14:28:19

Any help is appreciated.

yumm91

Jan 6, 2013
Red triangle means that u dont have custom recovery installed. Just download the recovery.img from cwm website, boot the device into fastboot, and flash recovery using command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Then, reboot to bootloader and select recovery. The red triangle should be replaced by cwm recovery at this point. So u can flash whatever rom u want. Just do not forget to flash boot.img of the rom everytime u flash new rom.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Reactions: TheZbunj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Red triangle means that u dont have custom recovery installed. Just download the recovery.img from cwm website, boot the device into fastboot, and flash recovery using command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Then, reboot to bootloader and select recovery. The red triangle should be replaced by cwm recovery at this point. So u can flash whatever rom u want. Just do not forget to flash boot.img of the rom everytime u flash new rom.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium