Qualcomm Optimized Libs

Search This thread

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
I'll try. Thank you for sharing this with the community.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje
Yes, Im running them on gr33nd3vil CM11 now.

Have tested them on Vanir and slimkat also

Ok thnaks but which version i must flash i see more version ??? Is dalvik better than bionic ???

4.4_qc-optimized_dalvik.zip
4.4_qc-optimized_bionic.zip
KRT16S_stock_revert.zip
KOT49E_stock_revert.zip

gorm

Jun 6, 2009
Morganton, NC
Ok thnaks but which version i must flash i see more version ??? Is dalvik better than bionic ???

KRT16S_stock_revert.zip
KOT49E_stock_revert.zip

Just the 4.4_qc-optimized_bionic.zip. The Dalvik zip will cause a boot loop.

Attachments

• 4.4_qc-optimized_bionic.zip
    366.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: MaluNoPeleke

gorm

Jun 6, 2009
Morganton, NC
And what is the benefits when i flash this file?Is performance better?Is battery life maybe better?

Does i must do any WIPE before flash or after flash file

IMHO makes the KK roms Ive installed this on more responsive.

When I was testing vanir this weekend my unused memory went from around 970mb to 1295 mb.

Have not really tested any differences in battery life yet.

Antutu benchmarks are usually around 4000 pts higher. ( I dont really care about benchmarks but its nice to test to see just how fast this phone actually is) :cowboy:

Just install and wipe caches after installing

Reactions: BLiNKT

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
Is dalvik better than bionic ???
Apples and elephants. Neither is "better" than the other. They're completely separate things.

Bionic is the C runtime library (libc) created by Google for Android. It's a derivative of BSD's standard C library. It provides things like macros, type definitions, and functions for tasks like i/o processing, mathematical computations, memory allocation and several other OS services.

Dalvik is a Process Virtual Machine (also referred to as a managed runtime). It's the software that runs the apps on your Android phone. Most programs are written in Java. When an app is compiled into an apk package, that java is converted to bytecode. They are then converted from Java VM-compatible *.class files, to Dalvik-compatible *.dex files.

Now, you can make an ART vs Davlik comparison. Until Android 4.4, whenever you wanted to run an app, the Dalvik bytecode (the .dex file in the apk) is compiled into machine code at that moment and this is done over and over again every time you run the app. By contrast, when using ART the all of the code in an app is pre-compiled into machine code at the time the app is installed. This is why the installed app will take up more space and why the installation process takes a little longer. However, there is no longer a need for JIT compilation whenever you want to run the app.

Reactions: BLiNKT and gorm

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje
Ok i flash BIONIC version and i not see any difference before and after use this so why is this optimized libs is good oh yes do you maybe use on DALVIK or ART settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is dalvik better than bionic ???
    Apples and elephants. Neither is "better" than the other. They're completely separate things.

Bionic is the C runtime library (libc) created by Google for Android. It's a derivative of BSD's standard C library. It provides things like macros, type definitions, and functions for tasks like i/o processing, mathematical computations, memory allocation and several other OS services.

Dalvik is a Process Virtual Machine (also referred to as a managed runtime). It's the software that runs the apps on your Android phone. Most programs are written in Java. When an app is compiled into an apk package, that java is converted to bytecode. They are then converted from Java VM-compatible *.class files, to Dalvik-compatible *.dex files.

Now, you can make an ART vs Davlik comparison. Until Android 4.4, whenever you wanted to run an app, the Dalvik bytecode (the .dex file in the apk) is compiled into machine code at that moment and this is done over and over again every time you run the app. By contrast, when using ART the all of the code in an app is pre-compiled into machine code at the time the app is installed. This is why the installed app will take up more space and why the installation process takes a little longer. However, there is no longer a need for JIT compilation whenever you want to run the app.
    Anyone else tried the bionic libs on any KK ROM.

After installing the bionic libs on most of the VZW KK Roms I can verify that performance and memory management is much better.

The dalvik libs will cause a boot loop but the bionic libs perform great.

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/4-4-4-4-x-qualcomm-optimized-dalvik-t2546120

Just thought I'd throw this out for others.

Sent from my LG-VS980

KRT16S_stock_revert.zip
    KOT49E_stock_revert.zip

Just the 4.4_qc-optimized_bionic.zip. The Dalvik zip will cause a boot loop.
    And what is the benefits when i flash this file?Is performance better?Is battery life maybe better?

Does i must do any WIPE before flash or after flash file

IMHO makes the KK roms Ive installed this on more responsive.

When I was testing vanir this weekend my unused memory went from around 970mb to 1295 mb.

Have not really tested any differences in battery life yet.

Antutu benchmarks are usually around 4000 pts higher. ( I dont really care about benchmarks but its nice to test to see just how fast this phone actually is) :cowboy:

Just install and wipe caches after installing