Heartbleed bug fix update pulled from my wife's phone

Search This thread

josh030181

Dec 29, 2010
Baltimoe,Md
My brothers phone is rooted, can he take this update without screwing his phone up?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
My brothers phone is rooted, can he take this update without screwing his phone up?

You should be able to, if s-off just connect the phone and run the ruu, if s-on relock bootloader, connect the phone and run the ruu

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't that require the RUU file?

sorry for that I misread your original post, I believe to take an ota you need to have the stock recovery, you should be able to find the ruu file for the ota, is there a specific reason why you only plan to update to 3.17? The 4.13.651.4 ruu is available, granted it does wipe internal storage but it changes the data partition so you in the end have more internal storage and Android 4.3 sense 5 is amazing, my phone runs great now, no glitching or freezing on me. Just food for thought.

MFOsaka

Feb 3, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I'm assuming he's doing it from stock (before the newer RUU, that is) to apply the fix. There wasn't a Heartbleed bug when the 4.13 RUU was compiled. Now if there was a way to extract the revised files to use on the latter RUU, we'd be onto something.

josh030181

Dec 29, 2010
Baltimoe,Md
sorry for that I misread your original post, I believe to take an ota you need to have the stock recovery, you should be able to find the ruu file for the ota, is there a specific reason why you only plan to update to 3.17? The 4.13.651.4 ruu is available, granted it does wipe internal storage but it changes the data partition so you in the end have more internal storage and Android 4.3 sense 5 is amazing, my phone runs great now, no glitching or freezing on me. Just food for thought.

I can't run the ruu on my wife's phone because the usb port is skewed up and only will charge, will not stay connected to the computer.

And my brother is to lazy to transfer is internal storage to the computer, he is soff, so I was wondering if he flashed the stock recovery if he could install the update with no issues

Top Liked Posts