[Q] Did I brick my S4? Need your help!

Search This thread

Feisar90

Jan 15, 2014
Hey!! :)

thanks in advance for reading my post, I really hope you can help me in some way.
(Sorry for my english)

Well, I rooted my S4 and everything went well. I managed to get the newest Philz Touch + SuperSU on my phone.
Afterwards I wanted to install the new Google Play ROM (4.4.3) from Danvdh. I cleaned up with Philz doing a ''fullwipe'' + ''clean to install a new rom''. Then a problem came up saying: Error 7 or something... Installation Aborted!

Since I did ''clean to install a new rom'' now even my stock rom is gone and I'm pretty much sitting here with an empty phone right? But i cant install another ROM that might install successful, because my phone gets always stuck in the ''Galaxy S4 Bootscreen''. All I can do is getting out the battery to turn it off.
But I can still get into Philz Recovery where I could install a new Rom that might work, but I cant put another ROM .zip to my SD-Card because my computer wont detect my phone since its not getting started and is stuck in the loading screen. Else I would simply put another ROM onto my SD-Card at my PC but my phone doesnt get detected at that point...

Now I tried to install the Stock ROM via Odin (thats what google said might help). But when i tried to flash the md5 ROM Odin just said: FAIL

Im pretty much done with my ideas.. I am really hoping somebody can help me in any way.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any support!

Greets!!! :)

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Re download stock firmware and try again with Odin
Make sure kies isn't running
Try different USB port/cable

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
Hey!! :)

thanks in advance for reading my post, I really hope you can help me in some way.
(Sorry for my english)

Well, I rooted my S4 and everything went well. I managed to get the newest Philz Touch + SuperSU on my phone.
Afterwards I wanted to install the new Google Play ROM (4.4.3) from Danvdh. I cleaned up with Philz doing a ''fullwipe'' + ''clean to install a new rom''. Then a problem came up saying: Error 7 or something... Installation Aborted!

Since I did ''clean to install a new rom'' now even my stock rom is gone and I'm pretty much sitting here with an empty phone right? But i cant install another ROM that might install successful, because my phone gets always stuck in the ''Galaxy S4 Bootscreen''. All I can do is getting out the battery to turn it off.
But I can still get into Philz Recovery where I could install a new Rom that might work, but I cant put another ROM .zip to my SD-Card because my computer wont detect my phone since its not getting started and is stuck in the loading screen. Else I would simply put another ROM onto my SD-Card at my PC but my phone doesnt get detected at that point...

Now I tried to install the Stock ROM via Odin (thats what google said might help). But when i tried to flash the md5 ROM Odin just said: FAIL

Im pretty much done with my ideas.. I am really hoping somebody can help me in any way.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any support!

Greets!!! :)
Good Morning.

make sure youre phone is in download mode when using odin :) Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button from phone swithed Off

if u still want the 4.4.3 rom redownload it and make sure!!!!!! you have the correct rom for your phone model.
As a solution for your SD not being read by pc. Just remove it and use a Micro SD adaptor a plug it directly to the PC
Or just simply use sideload ... if u search around a bit youll find a guide for Sideload wich is pretty easy IMHO

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Error 7 is when you want to flash a rom that is not for your device. So make sure you pick the right rom and that you have the correct recovery for your phone.