Xperia P wont boot and if cable is plugged and it doesnt even charge

Search This thread

aserreqi

Jun 16, 2014
Hello to all!!!
I have a problem with my XPERIA P(not rooted or unlocked), it wont boot if the cable is on the phone(pc or wall charger) and doesent even charge. When tryong to boot it shows only the SONY logo, not even xperia(which comes right after sony).
Tried getting into flash mode or fastboot mode, but it is the same thing.
If i switch on my phone with no cable plugged it starts normally.

When this happened i had no battery at all. After searching the web i found a guide to open my phone and remove the battery connector. After removing it and plugging back again it started charging. Now it wont charge anymore that way.

EDIT: Mac wont recognize it anymore(mac bridge, flashtool, adb)

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks!
A

Last edited:

Kaushik124

Oct 28, 2013
Hyderabad
Try flashing the phone with stock ftf file via flash tool , you can find plenty of how to videos for that on internet . Your phone will be fine I guess
Search "Your phone model " "version" "stock ftf" download and flash it

Hit thanks if helped

Reactions: aserreqi

aserreqi

Jun 16, 2014
Try flashing the phone with stock ftf file via flash tool , you can find plenty of how to videos for that on internet . Your phone will be fine I guess

Hit thanks if helped

The problem is my phone wont stay in flash mode. It shows up the green led just for a sec and then tries too boot up normaly(green led turns red and shows sony logo) then it shuts down again...

Same for fastboot mode (blue led for 1 sec then again red).

Any idea?

Thanx in advance

Hamza Murad

Sep 30, 2013
Lahore
@aserreqi
The disconnection issue is driver related. Use windows 7/xp (friends computer) install flashtool and then install the driver pack located in it. Then flash stock ftf.

Before this charge your phone overnight.

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

aserreqi

Jun 16, 2014
@Hamza Murad
I tried with windows 7(sus, flashtool, pc companion) and osx (sony bridge for mac and flashtool) with no results.

I will try again with windows if can get to charge it any more, because now it is not giving any sign of life

Thanx

Last edited:

Kaushik124

Oct 28, 2013
Hyderabad
@Hamza Murad
I tried with windows 7(sus, flashtool, pc companion) and osx (sony bridge for mac and flashtool) with no results.

I will try again with windows if can get to charge it any more, because now it is not giving any sign of life

Thanx

I had similar kind of issue , phones doesnt stay in flash mode when it should but I managed to get into fastboot mode , IT DID STAY THERE for me and I flashed some other kernel to make it work for few mins as I only wanted flashmode to work which it did . Try charging your phone for 2 hours and grab any kernel which is said to be fine with your phone , either ways you only need flashmode to work. If fastboot is also disconecting even after you have charged your phone umm DRIVERS DRIVERS !

Make sure you have all the drivers installed I always use flashtool, nothing else to flash

Last edited:

aserreqi

Jun 16, 2014
I had similar kind of issue , phones doesnt stay in flash mode when it should but I managed to get into fastboot mode , IT DID STAY THERE for me and I flashed some other kernel to make it work for few mins as I only wanted flashmode to work which it did . Try charging your phone for 2 hours and grab any kernel which is said to be fine with your phone , either ways you only need flashmode to work. If fastboot is also disconecting even after you have charged your phone umm DRIVERS DRIVERS !

Make sure you have all the drivers installed I always use flashtool, nothing else to flash

I have charged my phone now for 3 hours. The only way i get to charge now is discharging the battery to 0. I have to put it on charge(wall charger) pull off the connector of the battery and then put it again on.

If the phone is a little charged and i turn it on it wont charge any more. No charger or pc works.

I tried again the procedure of getting into fastboot or flash mode, but still nothing happens.
Green or blue led for a sec then tries to boot again.

I forgot to mention that the phone works like normal when not in charge, it boots normally and everything works fine...

P.S. the drivers are installed. I installed them again and again.
:confused: :confused:

Thanx for your help anyway!!

Kaushik124

Oct 28, 2013
Hyderabad
I have charged my phone now for 3 hours. The only way i get to charge now is discharging the battery to 0. I have to put it on charge(wall charger) pull off the connector of the battery and then put it again on.

If the phone is a little charged and i turn it on it wont charge any more. No charger or pc works.

I tried again the procedure of getting into fastboot or flash mode, but still nothing happens.

I forgot to mention that the phone works like normal when not in charge, it boots normally and everything works fine...

Oh my god , I feel bad for you . Try everything you could . Our last resort is to go to a sony service centre , TRUST ME THEY ARE DUMB AS HELL so you are better off knowing about roms and all , but still go to them if you cannot do ANYTHING :( . Good luck ,btw I dint understand PHONE WORKS NORMAL WHEN NOT IN CHARGE ? how is that possible

aserreqi

Jun 16, 2014
Oh my god , I feel bad for you . Try everything you could . Our last resort is to go to a sony service centre , TRUST ME THEY ARE DUMB AS HELL so you are better off knowing about roms and all , but still go to them if you cannot do ANYTHING :( . Good luck ,btw I dint understand PHONE WORKS NORMAL WHEN NOT IN CHARGE ? how is that possible

Yep it boots up normaly, no bootloop...

kopter3161

Apr 24, 2014

I hope u didnt fry your phone charging ic like i did on mine. Using fake charger and short hv burst suddenly turn my phone exactly like yours. I somehow managed to recover from it temporarily by shorting usb wire while charging it and eventually the phone die. Haha lol.

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

behtashbt

Jul 26, 2009
I have same problem
i flashed wrong kernel,now it doesn't boot or even go to fastboot! (it doesn't stay in fastboot)
the driver or pc is ok,because im flashed this wrong kernel with this pc!
any help? :crying:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I have same problem
i flashed wrong kernel,now it doesn't boot or even go to fastboot! (it doesn't stay in fastboot)
the driver or pc is ok,because im flashed this wrong kernel with this pc!
any help? :crying:

This is not the same problem.
First try volume up + power for about 15 seconds untill you feel (1+) 3 vibrations to turn it off.
Then try flashmode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hit thanks if helped
    @aserreqi
    The disconnection issue is driver related. Use windows 7/xp (friends computer) install flashtool and then install the driver pack located in it. Then flash stock ftf.

Before this charge your phone overnight.

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk
    @Hamza Murad

Thanx