Ascend Mate 2 China Variant - Official Roms List and Download Links

Search This thread

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
I found this site on my travels with easy download links to all the official roms released for the various Chinese variants of the Ascend Mate 1, Ascend Mate 2 and Ascend Mate 7 with easy download links.

Easier to look through than using Google Translate and going to the Official Chinese Huawei site like I did :

Hope this is useful to someone.

Enjoy !

http://susutun1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/android-firmware-huawei-m-series.html

If you are on Facebook, maybe you can thank the original Blog Poster.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Viejo and xordos
M

Modding.MyMind

I'm still trying to figure out why the MT2-L03 has been released since January yet no kernel source has? I have yet to find it in my searches.....

M

Modding.MyMind

MT2L03 came out in July? The Chinese variants came out in Jan/Feb and our us variants came out in July if I'm not mistaken
Ah I see, you might be correct lol. Nevertheless, I would expect the source to be available by now. Guess a request to them by email may be in order.

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
Ok, for those of you who do not know, the Official Mate 2 roms for download come in a file called UPDATE.app that you put on an external sd card and flash to your phone to update it.

I have just managed to successfully extract the whole of 4.4.2_r3 KitKat UPDATE.app that I downloaded from Huawei site and that is currently flashed on my phone to my PC so you have access to all files to play around with :

ROM1_zpseb828b90.png

rom2_zpsee8f3e01.png

The Rom is 1.98gb unpacked, and 1.23gb packed.

I haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure I can pack the Rom back up into the Update.app format for flashing.

Would anybody like me to upload the Rom for testing purposes? It will not be uploaded until tomorrow at the earliest as I'm going to be drinking large quantities of Beer in a few hours............

If you do want me to upload, where do people suggest that I host the file? Bearing in mind the File size.

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
Hi. I have successfully managed to extract the SYSTEM.img from the above 4.4.2 rom. It's about 1.3gb in size.

system1_zpscef589cd.png

Maybe one step closer to be able to create Custom Roms ?

Last edited:
Reactions: blcistheking

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
HI. I'm bumping this thread as people keep asking the same questions on where to find roms for Chinese variants of Ascend Mate 2 over and over again.

The link in the Original post contains easy download links to ALL official roms for Ascend Mate 1, Ascend Mate 2 and Ascend Mate 7.

Maybe this topic could be stickied if at all possible to save a lot of repeated questions.

Regards !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this site on my travels with easy download links to all the official roms released for the various Chinese variants of the Ascend Mate 1, Ascend Mate 2 and Ascend Mate 7 with easy download links.

Easier to look through than using Google Translate and going to the Official Chinese Huawei site like I did :

Hope this is useful to someone.

Enjoy !

http://susutun1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/android-firmware-huawei-m-series.html

If you are on Facebook, maybe you can thank the original Blog Poster.
    Hi. I have successfully managed to extract the SYSTEM.img from the above 4.4.2 rom. It's about 1.3gb in size.

system1_zpscef589cd.png

Maybe one step closer to be able to create Custom Roms ?