[ROM][KitKat][KTU84P] Nexus 4 4.4.4 stock (odexed, deodexed)

Search This thread

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
Last edited:

squadz

Nov 15, 2012
Two finger pull down brightness button does nothing. Just returns to home.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
Two finger pull down brightness button does nothing. Just returns to home.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using odexed or deodexed version? Are there other bugs/errors?

I really wish I had a Nexus 4 to test it, but at the moment it's impossible to get one.

Reactions: jetbruceli

ellesshoo

Jul 10, 2010
What's the difference between the odexed version and simply installing rooting the stock factory image and installing busy box? Seems that accomplishes the same thing but with the piece of mind of the known reliability/"stockness" of using a Google factory image. If one doesnt need or want deodexed apks it would seem rooting stock already installed would be easier & potentially more reliable than a random dude's compiled version of code.

Am I missing something?

No offense intended, I'm genuinely curious about the difference, if any, of these 2 scenarios.

fireb33

Dec 1, 2010
What's the difference between the odexed version and simply installing rooting the stock factory image and installing busy box? Seems that accomplishes the same thing but with the piece of mind of the known reliability/"stockness" of using a Google factory image. If one doesnt need or want deodexed apks it would seem rooting stock already installed would be easier & potentially more reliable than a random dude's compiled version of code.

Am I missing something?

No offense intended, I'm genuinely curious about the difference, if any, of these 2 scenarios.

Insecure boot, init.d support, no stock recovery auto-restore, plus not everybody knows how to root, install busybox and so on. And my ROM is as reliable as Google stock factory image just because it IS a Google stock factory image, no random dude's compiled version of code at all.

:)

bowser001

Apr 3, 2008
Sure it's silly question ..... Received OTA???

6a2enyty.jpg
Received this ota today. I am currently running stock rooted ROM odexed by fireb33. Update says to 4.2 not sure if this is the 4.2.1 update or not. Don't want to lose root so I'm just gonna wait

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

chemita

Nov 13, 2004
Almeria

Top Liked Posts