[Standard/Minimal GApps][Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2915683

Oh. I meant your first patch "1. One with the Stock Keyboard with Gestures and the Stock Photosphere Camera"

From my observations, I think your patch and the official Gapps are basically the same thing but yours is more compressed. Correct?

Thanks

Well these gapps use the same structure as the official ones from Goo.im down to the backup and restore scripts in the zip. Mine are just updated more often and have more choices.

How to have Chinese language input if it's available?

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think the Playstore has the Google Pinyin Ime input keyboard if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the stock keyboard has it.
Maybe is a stupid question... these gapps are gonna work just for Nexus 4? Can I flash this on LG Optimus Black (cm 10.1) ?

Gapps are gapps, unless specified for something else, ie pa gapps - Yes you can use these ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Dark gapps vs regular & just wipe system, cache & dalvick - don't need to factory reset ;)

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Gapps should work on any phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2915683

Thank you for the heads up! It's BanKs gapps but inverted! That's what I saw when flash it in TWPR.
@Banks, did you know this?

sent from Nexus 4

Nope, but I don't care its all open for people to use. :) Would be nice to know if people would use them and modify them and repose them though lol.

android404

Jan 19, 2013
Re: [Gapps][Unofficial][4.2.2 JDQ39][2-15-2013]

Dark gapps vs regular & just wipe system, cache & dalvick - don't need to factory reset ;)

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I did that and got soft bricked or something. Back on track now. Will find out what I did wrong tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

kenzolo

Jun 14, 2012
Rome
I've installed gapps 4.2.2 JDQ39 BaNkS Keyboard-Photosphere.zip
on my i9300
but I can't see photosphere in my camera...why?

android404

Jan 19, 2013

Thanks. I did that and got soft bricked or something. Back on track now. Will find out what I did wrong tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

And the reason MIGHT just be that I forgot to flash the rom after wiping system. So I want bricked at all, I was just stupid.

betatalking

Mar 24, 2007

I think the Playstore has the Google Pinyin Ime input keyboard if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the stock keyboard has it.

I used to have it in Neatrom JB 4.1.2 but in this happy I'm missing it together with Korean language too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 2915683

Reactions: betatalking

flipim

May 15, 2009
Is there any pack with: AOSP Keyboard, Photosphere, and also picasa sync? I would like everything like stock but the AOSP keyboard.

g35thrilla

Dec 8, 2012
Calgary
hey got a quick question. i am running 4.2.2 rootbox and i installed the latest gapps you have put together that includes photosphere. i flashed everything in cmw and the photosphere is not working. am i doing someyhing wrong?? im using the d2att package.
thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 2915683

Is there any pack with: AOSP Keyboard, Photosphere, and also picasa sync? I would like everything like stock but the AOSP keyboard.
The only package with Photosphere is the first one for now.
hey got a quick question. i am running 4.2.2 rootbox and i installed the latest gapps you have put together that includes photosphere. i flashed everything in cmw and the photosphere is not working. am i doing someyhing wrong?? im using the d2att package.
thanks in advance

Just like the official gapps it will only flash it to the N4, N10, and Gnex.

g35thrilla

Dec 8, 2012
Calgary

Hey thanks for clarifying. Haven't there been photosphere apk that work with job 4.2? I found some after searching and flashed with still no luck

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

zandroid

Mar 24, 2010
It is the stock emoji keyboard from the system image not in AOSP.

So is emoji the keyboard with all the smiley faces and whatnot or is it the one where you can long press all of the keys for an alternate symbol, number, etc.? One of the 4.2.2 ROMs on my gnex has a keyboard with alt symbols/numbers on all keys unlike the original stock keyboard with just the top row alternate numbers.

D

Deleted member 2915683

Hey thanks for clarifying. Haven't there been photosphere apk that work with job 4.2? I found some after searching and flashed with still no luck

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I think you can still use it. Just have to pull it out of the zip with the lib and put it in your /system partition.

My keyboard is typing delayed and sometimes lags out. Any idea why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

No idea. It's pretty normal for me. Rom?

So is emoji the keyboard with all the smiley faces and whatnot or is it the one where you can long press all of the keys for an alternate symbol, number, etc.? One of the 4.2.2 ROMs on my gnex has a keyboard with alt symbols/numbers on all keys unlike the original stock keyboard with just the top row alternate numbers.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...967t-emoji-uploadfromtaptalk1360936961175.jpg

It's like that. After you flash the zip you have to bring it up by changing to it via input method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    CLOSED
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    Well people all good things come to an end eventually. It has been a good 2 yrs with GApps, but it is my time to get out and enjoy other things. It was a pleasure providing GApps to the community, but I am just too busy with other things including life to focus on this anymore. I already contacted @TKruzze (PA GApps guy) and he will make a special Nano PA GApps zips for people who used my Minimal GApps zip to ease the transition. I will still be around here and there. Again. thanks to all the users and supporters. It was fun. :). This thread will get locked soon. I will leave the links for old GApps up for a few days for people who want to download them and backup/etc. Take it easy.
    Finally I was able to block the SystemUpdateService wakelock, using this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rs.autorun
    go to settings, enable the option to show system entries
    find google play services and disable:
    SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
    SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    done... no more wakelock and it didn't break anything, syncs all work ok
    I know this app doesn't look the best, but I tried others like "Android Tuner Free", "Disable Services", "Gemini App Manager", etc, but they allowed me to only disable the main service and didn't show the other receivers that had to be disabled.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    You should add the email+exchange app too.

Done. Check OP :)
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    Sad to hear that for selfish reasons! Your Minimal Gapps have been my go to for a long time. Enjoy whatever you do and many thanks for the excellent work we've all enjoyed!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Thanks, but how is it selfish? Lol. I been doing this for almost three years now and I just don't have the time to do this anymore.