[PORT][4.2+][APP] Android 4.4 Transformation Pack Release2^3

Search This thread

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Hey People,

Since it can take a while till we get KitKat for our devices, i thought maybe i can give you some KitKat goodness, for your current Android 4.2/CM10.1 & Android 4.3/CM10.2 setup. I dont know if it works with Android 4.1, test it and report :)
I made this pack, so people can flash just 1 zip, and have everything they want. NO searching for working APK´s. NO need to install everything manually.

**I have tested this mod on CyanogenMod 10.1, CM10.2 should also work, but i cannot promise it. Also i cant give and support for AOSP, but it should work. Of course you must be rooted to use this mod. All files have been taken from the Nexus 5 factory Image.

Screenshots:

What is included?
-Android 4.4 Camera App! (Video does not work with BigMem Kernel on GT-I9001, you must test it yourself on your device)
-Android 4.4 System UI Sounds, Ringtones & Notification Sounds!
-Android 4.4 Font!
-Android 4.4 Google Experience Launcher (Includes Android 4.4 Wallpapers, Google Now & Google Services)!
-Android 4.4 Hangouts!
-Android 4.4 GMail App!
-Android 4.4 Stock-Mail App!
-Android 4.4 Nexus Bootanimation!
-Android 4.4 Icons for Camera, Phone & Google Search (Authentic look)

I have also made a little change in the CM10.1 Phone/Contacts App. I swapped the old ugly icon against the new one from KitKat. This zip will only work on devices with CM10.1 at HDPI resolution. If you want this for your phone, send me a PM with your framework-res.apk, contacts.apk & Phone.apk.

Downlods:
Transformation Pack Release2^3 -> http://d-h.st/Ssq
Modified Phone.apk (CM10.1-HDPI) -> http://d-h.st/2wj

Changelog:

Release 1^2 = Initial Release

Release 2^3:
-Fixed Not installed GmsCore & QuickSearchBox for some people
-Added SunBeam live Wallpaper

Version Sheme:
Pre-release was "Release1^1" The public release is called Release1^2 because i fixed a few bugs in the package.
When bugfixes are added, it will raise the second number by 1, when i add a new feature to the package, the first number will raise by 1.
So for example, if i release a new package and i only made bugfixed, it will be called Release1^3. But lets say i add a new apk AND fix a bug from the previous release, then it will be called "Release2^3". I hope you understand it. :silly:

Note: The new Android launcher is not Stored inside the Launcher.apk. Coders have found that it is stored in the Google search app, therefore it can only run TOGETHER with the included and newer(future) versions of Google Search. Also, Google Search needs the newest Google Services to run, thats why i included it here. Do not uninstall one of these 3, if you want to use the new launcher! But all apps will be installed to /data, so you can simply uninstall them like you normally do via Settings -> Apps.

Gz
XeLLaR*

Last edited:

adi1996

Feb 22, 2013
@XeLLaR* Y dont u just make a cm 10.1 kitkat theme for icons and status bar?? Just a suggestion... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

sanganisahil

Aug 5, 2013
Amravati
I will try this on my 4.1 version.. and update this post!! :)
Hope it works :fingerscrossed:

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
I have just got a report from a former user.

On his device these two files did not install properly after the flashing process. You must go to /data/app/ and install these two files:
com.google.android.gms-1 and com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1 if the launcher does not start, or you get FC. Fixed release will follow soon!

Edit: Release2^3 with fix is in upload..

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOneBD

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Adding ATTACK's Kitkat status/navigation bar mod (check XDA front page) would be pretty xool

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Reactions: XeLLaR*

sanganisahil

Aug 5, 2013
Amravati
Launcher is not working on 4.1 rest is working fine.....
Error: Unfortunately google search has stopped working :( :(
Could you please fix it out!!!!

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

plumbix

Jan 3, 2012
Feldkirch
Hello XeLLar

Is there an order of how should I flash the 2 Zips? Because I'm getting "unfortunately the process google.phone has stopped" and I have to press ok over and over again. I'll try flashing them right after I flash the CM again.

Last edited:

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
Google Pixel 6
You should include the new kitkat keyboard, too. I am currently using it

Edit: the new version did not fix my bug. Still google now force close while searching or voice searching

Last edited:

käsebr0t

Apr 10, 2012
Nexus 7
Huawei P20
Hi Xellar!
Great work :) but the DeskClock app gave me fc. The only way to solve this was to push the .apk to /system/app/DeskClock.apk and reinstall it. Maybe someone can confirm this?
And, one question: Is it possible to include an option to save photos on external sd in the camera app?
Greetings ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey People,

Since it can take a while till we get KitKat for our devices, i thought maybe i can give you some KitKat goodness, for your current Android 4.2/CM10.1 & Android 4.3/CM10.2 setup. I dont know if it works with Android 4.1, test it and report :)
    I made this pack, so people can flash just 1 zip, and have everything they want. NO searching for working APK´s. NO need to install everything manually.

**I have tested this mod on CyanogenMod 10.1, CM10.2 should also work, but i cannot promise it. Also i cant give and support for AOSP, but it should work. Of course you must be rooted to use this mod. All files have been taken from the Nexus 5 factory Image.

Screenshots:

What is included?
    -Android 4.4 Camera App! (Video does not work with BigMem Kernel on GT-I9001, you must test it yourself on your device)
    -Android 4.4 System UI Sounds, Ringtones & Notification Sounds!
    -Android 4.4 Font!
    -Android 4.4 Google Experience Launcher (Includes Android 4.4 Wallpapers, Google Now & Google Services)!
    -Android 4.4 Hangouts!
    -Android 4.4 GMail App!
    -Android 4.4 Stock-Mail App!
    -Android 4.4 Nexus Bootanimation!
    -Android 4.4 Icons for Camera, Phone & Google Search (Authentic look)

I have also made a little change in the CM10.1 Phone/Contacts App. I swapped the old ugly icon against the new one from KitKat. This zip will only work on devices with CM10.1 at HDPI resolution. If you want this for your phone, send me a PM with your framework-res.apk, contacts.apk & Phone.apk.

Downlods:
    Transformation Pack Release2^3 -> http://d-h.st/Ssq
    Modified Phone.apk (CM10.1-HDPI) -> http://d-h.st/2wj

Changelog:

Release 1^2 = Initial Release

Release 2^3:
    -Fixed Not installed GmsCore & QuickSearchBox for some people
    -Added SunBeam live Wallpaper

Version Sheme:
    Pre-release was "Release1^1" The public release is called Release1^2 because i fixed a few bugs in the package.
    When bugfixes are added, it will raise the second number by 1, when i add a new feature to the package, the first number will raise by 1.
    So for example, if i release a new package and i only made bugfixed, it will be called Release1^3. But lets say i add a new apk AND fix a bug from the previous release, then it will be called "Release2^3". I hope you understand it. :silly:

Note: The new Android launcher is not Stored inside the Launcher.apk. Coders have found that it is stored in the Google search app, therefore it can only run TOGETHER with the included and newer(future) versions of Google Search. Also, Google Search needs the newest Google Services to run, thats why i included it here. Do not uninstall one of these 3, if you want to use the new launcher! But all apps will be installed to /data, so you can simply uninstall them like you normally do via Settings -> Apps.

Gz
    XeLLaR*
    No. It's just for Android 4.2 and 4.3. Our stock roms are based on Android 2.3.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

He is using a different phone my friend. This mod is not only for i9001 ;)

Current status:
    e7a9ereh.jpg
    ja9edagu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    No Problem :)

Next version will include the new clock.
    The Statusbar theming is WIP.

Here u go...the 1st kitkat theme
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AJ.theme.kitkat
    Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app
    Is it possible to get a transparent statusbar (like in AOSP KitKat)? Would be pretty sweet I guess :laugh:

edit:

that's the thread where they explain how to do it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2504373

Jeah, ive seen it! Soon enough :thumbup: