[Q] Cyanogenmod Galaxy S3 Problems

Search This thread

phyciatrist

May 10, 2014
I have been running varying versions of cyanogenmod 10.1 and 10.2 for about year on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3, but today I tried to update it to a version of 11 today without a computer, just on my phone through the standard Cyanogenmod built in rom updater. It downloaded fine, but when attempting to install it it had an error and stopped. Now the only thing my phone will do is boot into clockwork mod recovery mode, and download mode. The download mode won't be recognized by kies or my computer, though my computer does make a beep sound when I plug it in. I have tried a lot of things, but nothing at all will work so my phone is essentially bricked right now.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I have been running varying versions of cyanogenmod 10.1 and 10.2 for about year on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3, but today I tried to update it to a version of 11 today without a computer, just on my phone through the standard Cyanogenmod built in rom updater. It downloaded fine, but when attempting to install it it had an error and stopped. Now the only thing my phone will do is boot into clockwork mod recovery mode, and download mode. The download mode won't be recognized by kies or my computer, though my computer does make a beep sound when I plug it in. I have tried a lot of things, but nothing at all will work so my phone is essentially bricked right now.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

So you decided to update your version of android without a PC and without making a nandroid backup?? The reason it failed was probably because you didn't update your recovery. 4.4 needs recoveries that support SELinux. Open your Device Manager when you plug in the phone and describe what happens when you plug it in.

Zacktamondo

May 8, 2014
Zacktamondo Land

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Have you tried to use CWM to install the cm11 for your Galaxy S3 ? :confused:
If you haven't try it yet .try it now .

I hope that helps...
Waiting for your feedback :)

phyciatrist

May 10, 2014
re:

When I plug it in in recovery mode it makes a beep on the computer but the computer doesnt recognize it all, and there is no way to get any other rom on from my observations and with my knowledge.

ashrafulhadi123

Oct 1, 2014
About Samsung gt-i9082

Dear brother I have just purchased my Samsung gt-i9082. But my unlucky luck make me disappoint. It is now showing only it's name "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND GT-9085" and remain freeze and freeze until I pull up the battery. It also shows recovery mode by pressing Vol-down+Home+Power. But I can not do anything by wiping factory data,wiping cash partition. But everything is gone in a vain. If you have a meaningful idea about it then please reply me in my email as soon as possible. The phone also cant take connect with PC. Please reply me, please.my email is ashrafulhadi@gmail.com

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Dear brother I have just purchased my Samsung gt-i9082. But my unlucky luck make me disappoint. It is now showing only it's name "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND GT-9085" and remain freeze and freeze until I pull up the battery. It also shows recovery mode by pressing Vol-down+Home+Power. But I can not do anything by wiping factory data,wiping cash partition. But everything is gone in a vain. If you have a meaningful idea about it then please reply me in my email as soon as possible. The phone also cant take connect with PC. Please reply me, please.my email is ashrafulhadi@gmail.com

Different phone, different issue. You need to make your own post about your problem. Also, explain on there what happens when you try and connect the phone to the PC while in Download Mode which you should be able to enter via Home + Vol Down + Power.