Disappearing apps

Search This thread

mngdew

Aug 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Well, one minute apps were there, then the next minute I couldn't find them.
It looks like transferring apps from the system memory to the sdcard is the cause of this. I didn't have this problem when I had Tbolt. Can somebody duplicate this problem?

Also, I managed to crash the system while copying 300+ files from one folder in sdcard to another folder in internal memory . The screen went black and buttons weren't responding. I had pull the battery out to reboot.

Moto worked on this phone for additional 9 months and still has bugs like these? All these are not good at all.:mad:

Last edited:

sirrous

Mar 1, 2008
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Feoen

May 25, 2011
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was playing the free version of Tetris that EA put on the Market, and I got a call while I was playing.

I picked up the call, finished it, and when I went back to the Home screen I held down the Home button to go to recently used apps and Tetris wasn't there. So I went into my App list and... Tetris wasn't there.

I went into the Market, and it said it was never installed.

Either I hallucinated the half hour before a phone call interrupted my psychotic perceptions of tetriminos, or the phone deleted the app all on its own.

Really strange.

7olycon7

Jan 2, 2011
I too had the same problem. Just download again and they stick.

mngdew

Aug 17, 2010
Los Angeles
It just happened again. I was transferring some files to the internal memory to sdcard, and the screen didn't wake up. It seems the system is running behind the screen, but I can't see anything on the screen.

ridleykj0

Jun 30, 2010
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

I too have seen my XDA app disappear. Based on the layout of the stock launcher now I know other apps are missing, I just haven't figured out what...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

knitpurlgurl

Oct 10, 2010
Had same issue after reboot. Had to re-install apps. I've haven't tried to reboot again. I did download MyBackup so went ahead and backed up my apps and data. The weird thing is, when my apps disappeared and I had to re-install them, they didn't need my usernames or pws to be re-entered. So it seems the data was still there. :confused:

UPDATE: Rebooted and it happened again.

Last edited:

sirrous

Mar 1, 2008
I was able to fix the apps disappearing by going into manage applications then the media area tab and making sure that no apps were checked. Any that were I moved back to the phone.

Immolate

Apr 30, 2011
Daytona
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the Bionic, like the D3, is configured differently than other Android phones. The /sdcard partition is actually the internal storage... part of the 16GB the advertise as internal. The removable SDcard is /sdcard-ext. Not sure if that is a contributing factor. I've not seen that problem but I'll keep an eye out for it.

kento812

Sep 10, 2011
I'm coming from a og droid, so moving apps to the sd card is like second nature to me. I feel i just have to do it even though this phone has so much internal srorage in comparison. Is it possible that the problem is the sd card itself?

JackTheRipper13

Dec 21, 2010
I didn't think about that, so when you move them is it going to the sd ext or the internal storage (sd). I did notice the sd and sd ext are different.

7olycon7

Jan 2, 2011
The same thing happens on reboot for me as well. I just go into titanium and restore each time which is a pain in the a$$.

kento812

Sep 10, 2011
On the phone with motorola customer service now. Not getting warm fuzzy feeling. They suggest that i turn the phone off and remove the battery.... thanks (that's sarcasm in case you can't tell):confused:

mngdew

Aug 17, 2010
Los Angeles
so unlike other android phones currently in the market, MOTO made the real sdcard (sdcard-ex) almost obsolete. It's only dedicated for media storage and sharing.

knitpurlgurl

Oct 10, 2010
so unlike other android phones currently in the market, MOTO made the real sdcard (sdcard-ex) almost obsolete. It's only dedicated for media storage and sharing.

This is so utterly ridiculous. I had to put all of my apps BACK onto my phone. Why even offer the extra storage if we can't use it to store what we'd like. I don't keep that much media on my phone.

kento812

Sep 10, 2011
Anyone tried another sd card? I'm thinking about wiping the one from my old phone and putting it in this bionic.