[BOOT][DOWN][SPLASH] Black Honey (1024x600)

Search This thread
G

GuestK00388

8637yal

7aanbyq
cza7u56
7aanbyq

Tested and working on Leedroid's HC rom which can be found here. They should also work on other similar ROMs or tablets with with 1024x600 screen resolution.

To download click on the preview of your desired animation or splash. :D

To install extract the bootanimation.zip or downanimation.zip from the downloaded archives and manually copy them over your original animation.

/data/local for bootanimation.zip
/system/customize/resource for downanimation.zip

Some ROMs may have both animations in /system/customize/resource e.g. DeSensed - View and ICSSense OneXXL 1.0

Note: For View users the .zip archives need to be renamed as follows;

bootanimation.zip -> Sprint_bootanimation.zip
downanimation.zip -> Sprint_downanimation.zip

Note: For ICSSense OneXXL users the .zip archives need to be renamed as follows;

bootanimation.zip -> htc_bootanimation.zip
downanimation.zip -> htc_downanimation.zip

Make sure to set the permissions as shown below.

cxpr4qq

To push the splash1.img connect the tablet in USB debug mode and type the follwing into commands;

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img

fastboot erase cache 

fastboot reboot
It's been reported by some users that a down animation other than stock can not be used without being unable to power off the Flyer/View resulting in a restart. For this purpose I've attached a stock downanimation.zip. Restoring this to the appropriate directory solves the issue.

For Virtuous Flyer v0.1.1;

Black Honey - Virtuous.zip can be flashed in recovery and places both the boot and down animations in the /system/customize/resource directory.

For ICSSense OneXXL 1.0;

Black Honey - FlyerICSSense.zip can be flashed in recovery and places both the boot and down animations in the /system/customize/resource directory.

Last edited:

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Just installed [ with latest Lee's HC ROM ]

got to say its really great !!! :eek:

Much appreciated ... thank you

ps. any tips on how to change/replace/mute the boot sound :confused:

EDIT: boot sound solved !

Last edited:

simeoncader

Oct 26, 2010
London
Also running Lee's HC. Splash screen has weird colours (pink htc logo etc) and I can't get the boot/down animation's to show. Have been fastboot flashing splash copying boot/down with root explorer (and changing permissions)... :confused:

Beautiful stuff btw, checked out your work for DHD, loving it!

Last edited:
G

GuestK00388

Just installed [ with latest Lee's HC ROM ]

got to say its really great !!! :eek:

Much appreciated ... thank you

ps. any tips on how to change/replace/mute the boot sound :confused:

EDIT: boot sound solved !

Thanks very much! :cool: Glad you got it sorted in the end. Just for everyone else's benefit the boot sound is called "andoid_audio.mp3" and can be found in the \data\local folder along with bootanimation.zip.

Also running Lee's HC. Splash screen has weird colours (pink htc logo etc) and I can't get the boot/down animation's to show. Have been fastboot flashing splash copying boot/down with root explorer (and changing permissions)... :confused:

Beautiful stuff btw, checked out your work for DHD, loving it!

Thanks for the DHD compliments! :D What type of Flyer/View do you have? I'm not sure if it's different for all these variations as I assumed something like a boot or down animation would be relatively simple. Have you tried re-pushing the splash screen?

I'll definitely look into it, in the meantime I'll be whipping up flashable .zips for installing via recovery which might rule out some subconscious errors from installing manually. I'll attach a stock splash1.img to this post later as well. Hopefully someone more experienced in the Flyer/View forums will be able to shed some light on the situation :confused:

Whenever I use any down animation other than stock, my tablet will not power down. It'll only reboot. This is both the mode as fastboot and non-fastboot.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been able to recreate this issue myself. Has anyone else gotten the down animation to work for them or am I the only lucky one? :eek:

Soul Rebel

Oct 14, 2008
Toronto
Had the same issue with the down animation. Had to go back to stock animation for now...

Sent from my "quietly brilliant" HTC Flyer.

MePascal

(View) None of the 2 setups worked for me, Stock HC rooted.. looks good, thx for the share.

godZson
XDA-MOD

Thx, Im aware but still no go

o_O You realize you edited my post to answer my post? haha.

They work for me just fine by putting them in system/customize/resource named as such with the shown permissions. Just cant shut down the tab with that down animation in place.

Same here...
Rooted Stock HC on BestBuy WiFi Flyer
No Dice....
Very nice looking work
I only tried the Splash & BootAnimation zips

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I'm running DesnsedView 1.5 and no dice for me as well. The boot existing boot animation is not showing up in /data/local so I will ask graffixnyc where he may have put them.

Prevlin

Sep 14, 2010
I'm running DesnsedView 1.5 and no dice for me as well. The boot existing boot animation is not showing up in /data/local so I will ask graffixnyc where he may have put them.

The boot animation is working for me on DesnsedView 1.5. Except it's located in \system\customize\resource\ and should be renamed to Sprint_bootanimation.zip the downanimation goes in the same place and should be named Sprint_downanimation.zip

Reactions: RaptorMD

E.T.Heil

Dec 19, 2011
C'bus Ohio
The bootani is working for me, but I'm still on stock HC rooted/s-off on the View. Another interesting tidbit....the bootani is upside down when it runs...like the "bee" is up at the power button end of the device.

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
The boot animation is working for me on DesnsedView 1.5. Except it's located in \system\customize\resource\ and should be renamed to Sprint_bootanimation.zip the downanimation goes in the same place and should be named Sprint_downanimation.zip

Thank you for the help. I will reflash the files tonight.

mmmatches

Dec 7, 2011
Wausau
andylaub.com
Whenever I use any down animation other than stock, my tablet will not power down. It'll only reboot. This is both the mode as fastboot and non-fastboot.

I had this problem when making my own animation - here is a quick rundown of what I was dealing with:

1. after many, many tries getting animations to work properly I *finally* got the right encoding on desc.txt (Mac user) and the right zip compression. Boot ani finally worked, but I wanted to tweak it to a different color.
2. tweaked animation, re-zipped, duplicated zip to use for both boot and down. Down worked perfectly, but boot kept showing my old animation.
3. decided to change folder from /part0 to /custom in an effort to force it to use the new animation. Boot shows correct animation, but down does the reboot loop and kicks me back to my home screen.
4. changed folder back to /part0 for down animation; now it works properly.

Maybe this will help?

Edit: never mind, just saw it's already called /part0. Weird.

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Thank you for answering, may I ask what is "store compression", I just placed the data folder back in the zip allowing it to replace the original.

Edit: did a quick google, everything is fine and working, thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
G

GuestK00388

Thank you for answering, may I ask what is "store compression", I just placed the data folder back in the zip allowing it to replace the original.

Edit: did a quick google, everything is fine and working, thanks a lot :)

Glad you got it working! :D

I've attached a screenshot for everyone else's benefit just in case this is a common issue.

Last edited:

rsassin

Oct 21, 2010
Down Animation Zip file - possible fix

when i put downanimation.zip

i cant device turn off the device it only reboot

I had the same problem. I did a little research about creating and signing zip files for boot animations

[GUIDE] change bootanimation w/S-OFF & root AND how to create one
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193937
[How-To] Signing ROMs
http://androidforums.com/developer-101/8665-how-signing-roms.html

and signed the downanimation.zip file attached to post 1 of the thread with the test key included in the signing program, copied it over per the instructions and turning off the device worked fine, no more restarts. I am running aa Evo View. The signed zip file is attached. Your mileage may vary, Roger.

Attachments

• downanimation.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
G

GuestK00388

I had the same problem. I did a little research about creating and signing zip files for boot animations

[GUIDE] change bootanimation w/S-OFF & root AND how to create one
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193937
[How-To] Signing ROMs
http://androidforums.com/developer-101/8665-how-signing-roms.html

and signed the downanimation.zip file attached to post 1 of the thread with the test key included in the signing program, copied it over per the instructions and turning off the device worked fine, no more restarts. I am running aa Evo View. The signed zip file is attached. Your mileage may vary, Roger.

I can confirm that after signing the downanimation.zip the Flyer can power off as normal. However, the animation itself loops a few times with uneven frame rate despite playing around with the desc.txt file.

Has anyone else had any more luck with the downanimation.zip issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.