[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

Search This thread

hackedout

Feb 14, 2010
Editting the flex xml has done numerous things to my phone. On most roms, in my experience it will cause the contact's to force close, the keyboard fails in landscape(but only on home screens; it works in the browser.), in the bio rom changing to the wrong xml causes the bluetooth crash. It will however put an H+ at the top of your screen; but I get the same speeds nomatter what my notification bar says. Do some speed tests, if your willing to sacrifice the stableility of your phone you can get an H+ at the top of your phone.

metalgod862

Sep 26, 2011
What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.

I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner

Last edited:

rodcleve

May 28, 2009
DFW
I would like to know the answer as well, is it only 2.1 that doesn't have 4g as well?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing it anyways I still have an H in the top corner

Have you done a speed test to see if speeds changed? I'm about to flash but don't want to loose any 4g speed I have now. If it is just cosmetics with the icon, I'm OK with that.

hackedout

Feb 14, 2010
Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.

rodcleve

May 28, 2009
DFW
Great. Now if you go into system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change USA to US, you will get the H+, but things will go wrong. do speed tests with each and pick witch one you want to keep. If you change flex back to USA and reboot all will be norm again.

Thanks, but I think I will wait on Aria to fix 4g or someone give an update on 4g speed test with this ROM before installing. Can't Wait!!!!

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
I just switched it back to USA from US in the flex.xml file. I didn't notice and significant increase in data speed and was getting tired of seeing FC every now and again. Still an excellent ROM and cant wait to see whats next.

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
This phone is not a 4g phone. It's a misnomer. Its more like 3G+. The thrill is not an LTE phone.

Just remember that

Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?

JReeher

Can someone please verify this? If this is true then what the hell? Everywhere I looked this phone was advertised as 4g lte. But I've never been able to compare my network speed to any of the newer ones... They completely beat my phone always........ This is crazy.... So this phone is not even legit 4g.....?

HSPA+ I believe its different than LTE

Sent from my LG Thrill dripping AcidHAZARD

rodcleve

May 28, 2009
DFW

Just remember that

Do you have any proof that this is not an LTE phone or you are just blowing smoke? Please provide detail that we can verify ourselves. PROOF PLEASE!!!!

I'm with AT&T and yes it is a 4g phone, when compared to other current 4g phones. Originally 4g was for 100mbps and we are not even close to that so they changed the current high speed internet to "4G" (but no one realy cares about that now).
With AT&T, if you have 4G LTE in your area (very limited in US) you will get 4g speeds. The signals swithces from 4G LTE to 4G HSPA+ and down to 3G HSPA when needed with 4g LTE being the fastest. Other carriers don't have this option. The Thrill uses all three networks under AT&T.

See more detail, AT&T coverage area, and how 4g works on ATT phones below.
http://www.att.com/network/

Last edited:

Ronacarino

Sep 8, 2011
Spring Valley, CA
AT&T advertised the phone to be LG thrill 4G.. but not 4G LTE which is a big difference.. Sadly not an LTE phone sorry. That's AT&T's fault for not being clear.

PS: I live in San Diego so we have pretty good coverage of 4G LTE.. My friend has a skyrocket that goes to 10mbps + and I compare my lg thrill with him.. i get 5mbps-6..

Last edited:

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
I go to baltimore once every other month. Never experienced this data transfer speeds they talk about.

Anyway, can the OP address the charging issue where when charging, the battery icon flashes from the fat % icon the old one over and over again. Wouldn't be too hard to fix i think

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
It is 4g as this is what it says on the ATT page for the Thrill: 4G* HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. It doesn't say anything about LTE that I could find. I am currently getting between 5-7 Mbps download speed and I am very happy with that.

Reactions: hackedout

hackedout

Feb 14, 2010
You are correct, HSPA+ is not lte. ATT has LTE, ive watched the note get 10 and 12 mbps downloads, but not in my area. The most I ever got was 7, and that is few and far between. Average for me is 5. Lexington Ky.

DevanPe

Sep 20, 2011
Salt Lake City
HSPA+ I believe its different than LTE

Sent from my LG Thrill dripping AcidHAZARD

Hspa+ and lte are different and require different hardware. It cracks me up when people talk about 4g as if hspa+ and lte even compare. Do you want to know if you have 4g? Do a speed test, and if you don't get a gig up than you are not 4g.

People talk about blazing speeds of 10-20 megabits and forget that TRUE 4g is a Gigabit throughput.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Ronacarino

Sep 8, 2011
Spring Valley, CA
Browser

Remember how when you use the browser sometimes it'll just close itself... well I've started using a different browser such as opera mobile and so far not random closes.. just a heads up for anyone with that problem:)

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
I never get more than 300k on mine, so that must be nice. My brother gets about 9 at my house with his verizon LTE. I'm jealous.

Mar 2, 2012
What is the real problem with 4g. Is indicator not just showing or are you not really getting 4g speed? I'm thinking about flashing to ROM.

Also, what is reverting the flex.xml? I thought others were getting no results from doing that.

I got the 4g icon right know and its really fast

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present to you Thrill Seeker 2 Gingerbread v20p.
    I took a little bit different approach than I did with the original Thrill Seeker rom. I felt that LG did a very good job with gingerbread and so I built this rom around the LG software on the phone (just rethemed) rather than using 3rd party apps. Battery life has been amazing for me and the phone really flies.

Prerequisites
    This is based on the ATT V20p firmware. So you will NEED to upgrade to that first or this wont work.

Starting with next update I will make update packages available along with full rom downloads. This will make for much smaller packages to flash when updating from one version to the next. I lost a lot of my work when updating my system so keeping track of all the changes between 2.0 and 2.1 was impossible.

Also, Im adding in another download link (dev-host) for those that cant access 4shared (its uploading as im typing this). If anybody still cant download from either of those sites let me know.

Heres a quick changelog to get things rolling:

2.1:
    Added in Tekunas OC Modules (Original Thread)

Added working wifi tether app (no client needed. Just turn on and connect)

Ability to Enable 2g only and choose network mode in Network Settings.

Added percent to battery icon (need to fix the charging icons)

Fixed 3d button taking pics in camera (this may have had side affects though. I think it messed with some other defaults)

Minor theme updates (lockscreen widgets are NOT permanent. Forgot to fix them before i started uploading)

Reverted to Gingerbread music player. This fixed widget issues.

Enabled force of gpu rendering.

Probably some more stuff I forgot to mention...

2.0:
    Fully De-odexed.

Rom is Rooted with latest SU installed.

Completely rethemed every aspect of the rom. Gave a very ICS vibe.

Made a few tweaks for performance, useability, and battery savings (however modest). Still waiting on LG to release kernel source code.

Removed all the ATT bloat (except contacts sync. that has to stay)

Added in a File Manager, Titanium Backup, and DSP Manager (equalizer)

Roboto Font

Update to latest Flash Player and Google Apps.

ICS Music Player (feedback on this one. Not sure I like it better than GB version)

Removed apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc because they get updated frequently in the market and it didnt make sense to have them in your /system folder as well as you /data folder.

Still have more to come but I wanted to get this little bit out to you guys since there was a lack of options at the moment. Ill roll out minor releases as I add/fix things.

Issues:
    2.1: 4G possibly not working due to flex.xml change.

Battery charge icons distorted.

2.0I havent found any functionality bugs as of yet but please dont hesitate to point them out. There a few theming inconsistencies ive noticed, so please point these out as well. I want this rom to look as good as it performs.

Also, if there are features you want please suggest them. Doesnt mean they'll get implemented, but it helps if I know what you guys want. Ill try to include what I think fits with the rom.

Installation:
    This rom is flashable via CWM recovery.

On first install I recommend a full data wipe. At the very least please wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (advanced menu of recovery) before flashing. If you dont follow this step then please DO NOT POST ANY BUGS. Reflash with the wipes first. If the file wont flash please verify the md5 sum with the one listed below the download link. (There are many programs to do this on your computer and phone)

DOWNLOAD:
    Thrill Seeker 2.1
    md5: a3e5cce8f3af4184233b5bfae597c1f1

Thrill Seeker 2.0
    md5: ac66860fdb565e2eb839a8f64bfb8d08

Removed_Apps/Widgets (does NOT include the ATT crap or the market apps like Maps, Books, etc)
    Mirror: Mirror Site dev-host
    DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP! extract it first. inside you can choose which apps to remove and there are instructions for creating an update.zip included.

ENJOY!

Screen Shots

2012-04-13012418.png
    2012-04-06023151-1.png

2012-04-06023346.png
    2012-04-06024136.png
    launch time

Here is the first installment of the new thrillseeker. I will start a new thread when I have the chance with a change log...in a nutshell I removed dsp manager added Beats & Xloud Audio Mods. also added Bravia Engine and a bunch of build prop tweaks and scripts from Prometheus Rom. A Huge thanks to Samno for that stuff and for sharing such a great rom and kernel with us. :thumbup: I highly recommend flashing his prometheus 1.4.5.1 kernel after install as you can overclock and none of the scripts work unless you do. So without further ramblings.

Thrillseeker 3.0 beta
    http://d-h.st/HBU

i dont use bluetooth so someone please confirm that it works for me.
    also i will try to upload a non at&t version soon.
    since when did this become a different thread?
    there is the general section for this kinds of rant.
    So please don't spam CallMeAria's thread, please.
    beta4 AT&T

allright guys finally got time to upload att 4g edition..also added some apps for stability..mostly 3d stuff :D

GPS now fixd:D
    TSBeta4 AT&T
    Well. I like the rom. Havering some serious data bandwidth issues. Keen monitoring it an I drive around Dallas to Fort Worth all day. I'm always in a 3g or 4g network. Phone drops data connection every tower chafe for 3 seconds. Drives me nuts.

I used Doomed Froyo before the upgrade. Guess I got used to the oc clock and solid build. Kinda ruined it for expectations lol

i had convinced urabewe to make another gb 20p based rom since everyone loved his doomed froyo so much... last i heard he had started it. but that was awhile ago... i will see what hes been doin...