Call sound: great, but volume very high

Search This thread

Koen D

Nov 12, 2009
Hi all,

The call quality of the HD2 is very good. Reception is great, people understand me very well and I can understand them very good.

My only problem is that the sound is so loud, when I'm using my phone at my ear (so without speaker or bluetooth).

Do you have this as well? Is there somewhere a master volume that can be set?

To be clear: the volume is already at the minimum...

Thanks!

Koen

Bouloama

May 20, 2007
Does the earpiece speaker also pop/crackle somtimes when the tones are high or very loud? I hear a ticking in the earpiece speaker.. that is very anoying!

Will probably swap my device for a new one.

Koen D

Nov 12, 2009
Not really.

But as I find it now too loud, I don't like to use to make normal phonecalls.

Koen

somebully

Nov 18, 2009
I have the same problem..

One weird thing though, it's only on outgoing calls, incoming the sound isnt too loud!

theguvnor11

Jul 12, 2008
i had the same problem but only with outgoing calls an mine sounded terrible, still does( think my speaker is broken:mad:)
You can edit the registry.
in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Controlpanel\Soundcategories\ you have INCALL and INCALL 2, i think one is ingoing and one is outgoing calls.
Edit Initvol, i have both mine on 2 now. and the volume is much better!

turt

Mar 30, 2006
i had the same problem but only with outgoing calls an mine sounded terrible, still does( think my speaker is broken:mad:)
You can edit the registry.
in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Controlpanel\Soundcategories\ you have INCALL and INCALL 2, i think one is ingoing and one is outgoing calls.
Edit Initvol, i have both mine on 2 now. and the volume is much better!
Thanks, now it's great!!! :)

Jun 11, 2007
Rotterdam
I've got the exact same thing!
The quality is great, but sometimes the volume is just way too loud, almost up to the point where it hurts my ear.

One additional thing is when I get a notification on the background that a message has arrived during one of those loud calls, volume actually switches back to normal.

In my registry incall2 was set to 5. Resetted it to 2, hope it works :)

narkolitar

Sep 9, 2008
could anyone clarify

Where can I find that
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Controlpanel\Soundcategories\ you have INCALL and INCALL 2 thing. Please help! How do I enter registry?

Jun 11, 2007
Rotterdam
Made the first step, done the things in the register, but the volume is still too high. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if I did a soft-reset, but you might just give it a shot.

Both outgoing and incoming call volumes are now fine on my device...

[edit]
Actually got another loud outgoing call..
When I took a better look at the inCall and inCall2 properties, they seem to be for the notifications you get when you're in a call.
So changing them to '2' is OK, but doesn't actually solve this issue.
It may be an explanation to why my sound swapped back to normal after receiving a notification though.
[/edit]

Last edited:

narkolitar

Sep 9, 2008
Not sure if I did a soft-reset, but you might just give it a shot.

Both outgoing and incoming call volumes are now fine on my device...

[edit]
Actually got another loud outgoing call..
When I took a better look at the inCall and inCall2 properties, they seem to be for the notifications you get when you're in a call.
So changing them to '2' is OK, but doesn't actually solve this issue.
It may be an explanation to why my sound swapped back to normal after receiving a notification though.
[/edit]

Tried a soft reset too, but my ears still hurt! Any other suggestions?

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
This is totally unacceptable, has nobody got a cure for this? I can't use my *phone* as a phone, the volume is deafening! Both speakerphone and earpiece are way too loud, even on the lowest volume setting.

altec1000

Jan 23, 2009
try this one

Here's a solution : you need to use the Schapman advanced configuration tool v3.3 (freeware).
Go to "HTC audio manager" -> set "music volume" (or something close, I don't know of it is labelled in english, I only have the french version) to 30 or above (below 100, which is the maximum) and then soft reset your device.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=418151

Last edited:

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I can't seem to get this to do the trick. Is there anyone out there who has used a program to specifically lower the earpiece and speakerphone volume on their HD2 'Leo'? I'm going to have to return my handset if I can't lower the volume. I love the phone but if I can't make calls on it it's useless!

Highl1

Mar 22, 2007
Beograd
It happened to me only once, when I woke up, press power button to get the screen on and dialed a cab, it was way too much loud.

Today I made some calls, received them as well, and it was ok.

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
New Response From [ Richard (UK - Ireland Support (Tech)) ]
Dear valued HTC customer,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns.

We are aware of the issue but it’s not a fault with this device. It has been determined that this is not a hardware fault but a software issue and there should be a hotfix to be released soon to resolve it. Please monitor our website for the hotfix release.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division
http://www.htc.com/europe/CA_Hotline.aspx
Call Center at: 44-120-271-4530 if you have further questions
Customer Information
Name A*** ******
Telephone ***********
Email Address ************************
Country United Kingdom
Inquiry Information
Inquiry Type Technical Support
Inquiry Description Hello, I have just bought the HD2 and the speakerphone volume is incredibly loud, even on the lowest setting. It is unusable! The speaker is distorting, it is that loud. Is there a registry fix one can do to solve this? Thankyou.
Issue Date & Time
2009/11/26 10:31

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Does anyone have a link to the part of the site where these supposed hotfixes will be....and how long will they be coming, any ideas? So far it's the speakerphone & earpiece volume which are of the utmost importance for me, then the pink camera etc etc etc.