Downgrading from 4.4 to 4.3 or lower

Search This thread

troc240

Aug 12, 2010
How do I downgrade from KitKat? New to HTC devices but have things of experience flashing/modding Motorola and Samsung. Goal is to root, unlock and s-off. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
How do I downgrade from KitKat? New to HTC devices but have things of experience flashing/modding Motorola and Samsung. Goal is to root, unlock and s-off. Any help would be appreciated.

Unless you're already s-off, you won't be able to downgrade...you'll have to wait for firewater to be updated.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

troc240

Aug 12, 2010
Thank you... HTC devices are strange. Samsung is so much more developer friendly

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Htc is developer friendly, they allow all their phones to be bootloader unlocked. Its verizon thats not. They worked out an or else deal with htc to not allow it for phones on the verizon network.

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Thank you... HTC devices are strange. Samsung is so much more developer friendly

Are you kidding me? I come from the S4 and let me tell you, Samsung is anything but developer friendly these days. The bootloader is locked down TIGHT on the S4 and unless you were lucky enough to have the original firmware, there is no exploit to unlock the bootloader. They even added Knox to the latest firmwares which has a fuse that will trip if it detects you messing with the bootloader, thus instantly voiding your warranty (fuses are hardware and there's NOTHING you can do to reset it). HTC is waaaaaaaaay more developer friendly. Verizon might have tried to block HTC from offering the easy way to unlock, but we at least have a way to work around that and have fun. The S4 has NOTHING.

troc240

Aug 12, 2010
S4 did suck... I'm on the note 2, and its very easy to mod...HTC is just different I guess is what I meant.