[Guide] How to Downgrade Latest Hboot 2.00.0002>> without using HTC Dev V2

Search This thread

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
Tried zerrush method & this. In both cases, everything runs fine. When I give ./misc_version -s 1.47.720.1 I get Patching and backing up partition 17... and a prompt with sh-3.2#. When I run the RUU exe file, this version is not detected. Any help is appreciated.

Software version pls.
Based from your post. temp root works for your phone, the problem was for the RUU. Ensure the your are in USB debugging mode. Proceed to update of RUU. If errors are received I suggest you back up your files since your temp rooted! Try factory reset and try one method.. If OTA is available.. Try updating.. Reset factory and try applicable method..:)

Last edited:

cuong_rua

Jun 11, 2009
This method works for software version 2.11 and above and doesn't work for version 2.10 below.. Please use zegRush if this doesn't work for you.

First thanks to:

1. mtothearkus
2.petarpLab..
3.jcase for TacoRoot..
4. amidabuddha

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE..

This was tested on latest OTA ASIA 2.15.xx with latest Hboot 2.00.0002.
Latest 2.15 cannot be rooted with zegRush so did some research..

Things Needed:

1.tacoroot
2.misc_version (download attachments below)
3.OLDEST RUU for your "REGION/ BRAND".. i repeat, specific region to avoid customer ID error.
4. adb (you know how it works)
5. phone in USB debugging mode.

STEPS:
1. download tacoroot and misc and put all files in your desired directory.
2. Run terminal and change location to where you files are.
3. now type:

Code:
adb push tacoroot.bin /data/local/tmp/tacoroot
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/

4.After pushing all the files, run tacoroot by typing:

Code:
adb shell 
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/*
/data/local/tmp/tacoroot --setup

5. After this commands your phone "REBOOT" the phone to recovery. Now press vol up then power then REBOOT to boot the phone normally. Wait till it boots completely and then type:

Code:
adb shell
/data/local/tmp/tacoroot --root

6.This command will gets you out of adb shell.. so we need to get back to adb shell and you will see "#" sign..meaning you are temp rooted and we can then proceed to changing MISC_VERSION:

Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6

7. After its done you can now flash your "REGION/ BRAND specific RUU".
8. After your done with RUU. Proceed to http://revolutionary.io..

Happy Flashing ;)

I've done step 6.
Before update RUU, I checked eMMC chip. It's form SAMSUNG. So, changing misc_version can brick when I "wipe" (restore default) on handle. (Setting > Application.....)

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
I've done step 6.
Before update RUU, I checked eMMC chip. It's form SAMSUNG. So, changing misc_version can brick when I "wipe" (restore default) on handle. (Setting > Application.....)

What do you mean?can't seem to get your point. I too have the SAMSUNG chip. As advised run at your own risk..
i didn't told you to wipe:
Boot to Bootloader>Bootloader>Factory Reset:

Source of your claims please

Last edited:

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
Next step in your post is updating RUU. It means it can update radio. So, it can be brick radio ????

Yes you are updating the RADIO because your downgrading. It's a risk. The only problem i can see if you are pulling battery out of your device. It a normal process like updating via OTA. I leave the rest to your. Try it at your own risk. Read other threads so you know what you are doing.

cuong_rua

Jun 11, 2009
Yes you are updating the RADIO because your downgrading. It's a risk. The only problem i can see if you are pulling battery out of your device. It a normal process like updating via OTA. I leave the rest to your. Try it at your own risk. Read other threads so you know what you are doing.

But, misc_version partion 17 can change when I restore factory setting ?

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
But, misc_version partion 17 can change when I restore factory setting ?

dude you dont need to factory restore to downgrade. there is not factory reset on the steps indicated. Misc change will only fool your RUU that you have a lower version. Once you temp rooted and applied misc version you can downgrade safely. Without the misc version. you will get an error and your phone will just restart..

Last edited:
Reactions: cuong_rua

cuong_rua

Jun 11, 2009
dude you dont need to factory restore to downgrade. there is not factory reset on the steps indicated. Misc change will only fool your RUU that you have a lower version. Once you temp rooted and applied misc version you can downgrade safely. Without the misc version. you will get an error and your phone will just restart..

My device is from DE. So, this RUU is ok ??

RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.47.401.4_Radio_20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199410_signed

325i.

May 20, 2010
I am getting the following error,

Patching and backing up partition 17...
Error opening backup file.

Also my phone reboots again after. Is it supose to reboot at this stage again?

adb shell

Last edited:

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
I am getting the following error,

Error opening backup file.

Also my phone reboots again after. Is it supose to reboot at this stage again?

adb shell

This was previously reported.. read first page..this doesnt work for software version 2.10 below.. use zegrush instead..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

zryvffn

Dec 31, 2011
Melbourne
This method works for software version 2.11 and above and doesn't work for version 2.10 below.. Please use zegRush if this doesn't work for you.

First thanks to:

1. mtothearkus
2.petarpLab..
3.jcase for TacoRoot..
4. amidabuddha

Things Needed:

1.tacoroot
3.OLDEST RUU for your "REGION/ BRAND".. i repeat, specific region to avoid customer ID error.

STEPS:
3. now type:

Code:

Code:
adb shell 

5. After this commands your phone "REBOOT" the phone to recovery. Now press vol up then power then REBOOT to boot the phone normally. Wait till it boots completely and then type:

Code:
adb shell

6.This command will gets you out of adb shell.. so we need to get back to adb shell and you will see "#" sign..meaning you are temp rooted and we can then proceed to changing MISC_VERSION:

Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp

Happy Flashing ;)

Ok, so instead of creating a new post i have decided to post it here since it is already been discussed.

I was happy with rooted phone and endymion Rom and was happy until my phone started heating up and restarted on its own as if it had a mind of its own, I called HTC and they advised to send it for repair, i had to unroot the phone and sent for repair. Got the phone back with updated version and i need help rooting the phone.

when i boot the phone in fast boot this is what i get:

****LOCKED****
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.08.04_M
eMMC-BOOT
Aug 22 2011, 15:22:13

Android Version 2.3.5
HTC Sense Verison 3.0
Software Number: 2.14.841.4
Baseband Version: 2.14.841.4 CL 184593 Release-Keys

Now i need to Root the phone again so i can be another happy user of endymion.

I am looking at this guide and needed help.

The oldest RUU i can find for my provider is RUU_Saga_Telstra_WWE_1.36.841.3_Radio_20.28d.30.0805U_3805.04.02.01_M_release_184558_signed.exe

I was reading the guide and this is where i am confused.

Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6 .

./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6 do i change this to 1.36.841.3 or leave it as it is?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
Ok, so instead of creating a new post i have decided to post it here since it is already been discussed.

I was happy with rooted phone and endymion Rom and was happy until my phone started heating up and restarted on its own as if it had a mind of its own, I called HTC and they advised to send it for repair, i had to unroot the phone and sent for repair. Got the phone back with updated version and i need help rooting the phone.

when i boot the phone in fast boot this is what i get:

****LOCKED****
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.08.04_M
eMMC-BOOT
Aug 22 2011, 15:22:13

Android Version 2.3.5
HTC Sense Verison 3.0
Software Number: 2.14.841.4
Baseband Version: 2.14.841.4 CL 184593 Release-Keys

Now i need to Root the phone again so i can be another happy user of endymion.

I am looking at this guide and needed help.

The oldest RUU i can find for my provider is RUU_Saga_Telstra_WWE_1.36.841.3_Radio_20.28d.30.0805U_3805.04.02.01_M_release_184558_signed.exe

I was reading the guide and this is where i am confused.

Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6 .

./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6 do i change this to 1.36.841.3 or leave it as it is?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Leave it as it is. You have the 2.14 version. Applying misc version will let your RUU think that your current rom is 1.27.. so you can proceed with update of RUU.. the steps are clear.. there where no steps indicated that you have to change the misc version provided.

zryvffn

Dec 31, 2011
Melbourne
Leave it as it is. You have the 2.14 version. Applying misc version will let your RUU think that your current rom is 1.27.. so you can proceed with update of RUU.. the steps are clear.. there where no steps indicated that you have to change the misc version provided.

@shadi22, thanks for that mate, yeah i did try following the method as it is said, problem that i faced is/am facing is here after pushing all the files, run tacoroot the phone restarts and all i get is a red triangle with exclamation mark and nothing happens and after that to get my phone running again i need to do a complete factory reset. I have tried ths about 5 times thinking i made an error somehwere but the result is the same. any thoughts.

in desperate attepts i tried super one click but that is frozen as well..

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
Dude what step have you experienced the problem?.. have you tried zegrush?..

zryvffn

Dec 31, 2011
Melbourne
Dude what step have you experienced the problem?.. have you tried zegrush?..

Hey dude, I managed to get to the last step and this is what i get
Error Opening backup file.
#

and i am stuck here. Then i tried to get RUU working but it is giving me Error 140.

I was this close >|< and excited. Need help please.

nenad_l

Feb 13, 2012
Beograd
You don't need to downgrade hboot to install endy.

- Create goldcard (with other device if necessary) and install whatever ruu you can.
- Update ota to the latest version available
- Setup device to your preferences
- get your device's bootloader ***UNLOCKED*** trough htcdev
- install (flash via fastboot) REVOLUTION, or 4EXT recovery img
- perform nand backup via recovery
- install your favorite rom (detailed instructions here)
- enjoy! :)

ps: if you didn't understood latest step in directions how to install rom in linked post, you extract boot.img file FROM ZIP OF ROM YOU ARE INSTALLING.

Similar stuff goes for returning to stock. It's not enough simply to restore trough recovery. You must flash boot_signed.img after you performed restore process.

pss: if you think there are some excess steps in my directions feel free to skip, but only if you are 100% sure you know what you're doing...

You can also root device installing SU via recovery

And one more thing... While playing with ruus, if anything goes wrong there are pretty decent chances that you will be forced to pull out battery from your device. Make your best effort to avoid this, and if you really must, than wait at least 30sec before putting battery back in your phone.

Good luck!

Last edited:

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
Dude..this guide topic is very clear!..HOW TO DOWNGRADE!. This is to S-Off your phone. And Not to unlock via htc dev..

Last edited:
Reactions: scrack26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FOR PHONES THAT ARE NOT ROOTED

Note: For locked bootloaders only. Do not use Htc dev prior to using this guide.

First thanks to:

1. mtothearkus
    2.petarpLab..
    3.jcase for TacoRoot..
    4. amidabuddha
    5.zryvffn (misc_version_universal)

Things Needed:

1.tacoroot

STEPS:
    3. now type:

Code:

Code:
    adb shell 

Code:
    adb shell

Code:
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp

Happy Flashing ;)

FOR ROOTED PHONES
    *Proceed with:

STEP 3
    STEP 6
    STEP 7
    STEP 8
    -Done

*Added misc_version_universal thanks to zryvffn
    This does work, if any one is getting error such as Error Opening Back up file etc, try using misc_version_universal to avoid such errors.

here is what i did and worked for me.

followed the steps as outlined.

The oldest RUU from my provider that i could find RUU_Saga_Telstra_WWE_1.36.841.3_Radio_20.28d.30.08 05U_3805.04.02.01_M_release_184558_signed.exe.

followed the process completely and then on the part where you change version number this is what i used:

adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./misc_version -s 1.36.841.3 (Same number as my RUU)

i did try using 1.27.*** but i got an error on RUU 140 Boot loader error. i don't know if it was my mistake somewhere or not but i tried twice and i got the same error but thought of giving a last go by changing version number to what i had in RUU and worked.

i have attached the universal misc version if anyone wants to use.

Thanks Guys for all the support.

Cheers!
    The only guide I've seen for hboot 2.02.0002 is this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183380

Not very nicely formatted, I think, but all the steps you need are there
    Software : 2.10.401.8
    Kernel: 2.6.35.10
    Non-branded, lastest firmware.
    Late I´ll try factory reset.

Zergrush method from mtothearkus's thread should work for you
    1. You dont need the command "rm". Because you already reset to factory. By using rm means you remove existing files in the system..
    2. Yes you can flash RUU because youve change the misc version.. you dont need to get rooted to flash RUU.. you temp root just to push the misc version. When you reboot.. temp root will be gone and yes you can still flash RUU because youve done the essential misc version change.
    3. You making things much more complicated.
    4. Read post. Again..this is VERSION 2.. zegRush has the similar guide..
    5. Never advice anyone to pull battery out when flashing RUU.. you may brick the device.
    6. The zegrush method has been linked on the first page..
    7. Youre post seem irrelevant to this thread.. better post this in zegrush guide..

He seems to have posted it in both the threads...:confused:

And i agree, his version sounds very complicated and messy, like machinery held together by glue... I like your instructions better...clear and precise.