[ROM] [ICS] KingDroid ICS NoteMania v8.0 by Dr.Taly [AROMA] ONLINE

Search This thread

PetrSoap

Oct 12, 2011
Moscow
www.soap.cx
Great Rom! I flashed it yesterday. I came from GB Lightening, I flash it via CWM with Full wipe.... it took me 5 minutes to upload and several times the boot logo stopped for a while.... now its perfect. How to add call record function to dialer or change the stock Dialer?

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
Full wipe and flash this. Your on a safe kernel to wipe. Full root gb is the best base to start.

It is my understanding doing this would make me loosing full root. It should be better move to stock ICS first.
Am I wrong ?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Moreover from the first post I read this:

-Method 1:
Starting from a base-ics either custom or official (NO NOT TESTED CM9) and (GINGER FROM THE ROM BUT NOT OPERATE WELL RECOVERY AND CWM)

Forgive my bad English: what does it mean "GINGER FROM THE ROM BUT NOT OPERATE WELL RECOVERY AND CWM" ?

Can I flash with CWM ? Or should I move to base-ics first, in order not to loose full root ?

Thanks

Last edited:

bkeaver

Guys, read the OP

to prevent root issues coming from rooted GB, first flash stock LPY and CF kernel with Mobile Odin Pro. reboot and complete setup. reboot into recovery do a factory reset and then flash the Kingdroid rom.

This procedure will work on the other roms too.

Everything should be fine now ;)

that is the most riskiest method ever! have you guys not been reading?? do not do a full wipe from a LPY Kernel!

zX TheRipper Xz

Mar 7, 2010
Peterborough
It is my understanding doing this would make me loosing full root. It should be better move to stock ICS first.
Am I wrong ?

Other people may disagree here but in my experience, when moving from any GB rom to any ICS rom I have lost full root if flashing from fully rooted GB to ICS. I think this is why the OP was changed to say flash from stock ICS with full root and not GB with full root.

The difference between root and full root can be seen using Root Explorer.
You may have root, but if you can't mount /system as R/W and copy a file to it or delete a file from it, then you don't have full root.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

that is the most riskiest method ever! have you guys not been reading?? do not do a full wipe from a LPY Kernel!

Agreed. Do the full wipe FIRST while still on GB using GB kernel.
Do this before flashing anything ICS.
Once you've flashed an ICS rom / kernel - DO NOT DO A FULL WIPE IN CWM!

As long as you follow the above - you should not brick your device.

I always follow this and have never had problems:

Flash Stock pre-rooted GB rom using odin PC.
Reboot into stock recovery and do full wipe - data & cache (this prevents bootloop issues)
Boot into GB
Install GB CF-Root Kernel for your stock GB rom i.e. if your rom is LA6 then use LA6 kernel
Reboot into CWM Recovery
Full Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik (this is safe if you followed steps above as you will now be on GB kernel)
Stay in recovery - do not reboot after wipe
Flash ICS rom of your choice

you shouldn't need a full wipe now because you did one safely while on GB kernel and haven't booted since.

Last edited:
Reactions: pacut

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
Other people may disagree here but in my experience, when moving from any GB rom to any ICS rom I have lost full root if flashing from fully rooted GB to ICS. I think this is why the OP was changed to say flash from stock ICS with full root and not GB with full root.

I always follow this and have never had problems:

Flash Stock pre-rooted GB rom using odin PC.
Reboot into stock recovery and do full wipe - data & cache (this prevents bootloop issues)
Boot into GB
Install GB CF-Root Kernel for your stock GB rom i.e. if your rom is LA6 then use LA6 kernel
Reboot into CWM Recovery
Full Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik (this is safe as you are on GB kernel)
Stay in recovery - do not reboot after wipe.
Flash ICS

you shouldn't need a full wipe now because you did one safely while on GB kernel and haven't booted since.

Ok. Then, since I am on KingDroid (AbyssNote kernel) I could simply CWM, full wipe and then flash ICS (this KingDroid ICS), correct ?

Anyway...according to your initial part of reply...I'd lose rooting, correct ? Alternatively I could first flash stock LPY and CF kernel but then....I should flash this Kingdroid ICS and might brick my Note.

At the end....it looks loosing root is the best choice. Am I wrong ?

Last edited:

zX TheRipper Xz

Mar 7, 2010
Peterborough
Ok. Then, since I am on KingDroid (AbyssNote kernel) I could simply CWM, full wipe and then flash ICS (this KingDroid ICS), correct ?

Anyway...according to your initial part of reply...I'd lose rooting, correct ? Alternatively I could first flash stock LPY and CF kernel but then....I should flash this Kingdroid ICS and might brick my Note.

At the end....it looks loosing root is the best choice. Am I wrong ?

If you are on Gingerbread rom with GB kernel the easiest method is:
Reboot into recovery
Full wipe - data, cache, davlik
Flash this KingDroid ICS rom
DO NOT WIPE AFTER FLASHING - you shouldn't need to as you did it first

As you are o Abyss Kernel you should theoretically keep full root although you may loose it. Does it really matter as titanium backup and other root apps should still work with partial root.

The reason people brick is they try to flash without a full wipe. They want to keep all their apps & data.
They flash without wipe, get stuck in bootloop then try a wipe to fix it but as they're now on ICS kernel they brick.

Last edited:
Reactions: pacut

bkeaver

Can you paste an apk in /system/app/
If not, you don't have full root

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

actually I can... but just cant update the binary for SU... kind of weird

Edit:
Ok I did things a little differently.
I restored back to GB.
I used mobile Odin from GB and installed stock ICS with rooted Kernel making sure I was fully rooted after install.
rebooted to Recovery and flashed Abys Kernel with Red Pill Recovery
did a Full wipe along with cache and dalvik cache
installed this rom
and when I was fully booted I was able to install the binary for SU....

Last edited:

PETKING

Aug 23, 2011
small rom update and complete rom uploading,changelog in the first post
v1.1 users do not wipe

Starwalker

Aug 20, 2006
Didn't find it on wuala. Does anybody has a direct link to it? Mediafire isn't working for me.
Thanks Lars

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My New Rom

CHANGELOG 7.3.0

needed full wipe to install 7.3.0 due to changes made in build.prop and other

New options in aroma-
    -New tweaks
    Aroma-selleccionables Tweaks
    -Eliminated builds of mods, now the changes are introduced in the original boot by sh
    -Update your version v13.4 NoteCore
    -New values ​​for LCD backlight
    -New drivers and libraries connected to the network management
    OTA-Updates
    etc
    -pending call correct taxation

CHANGELOG 7.0
    LRK Base
    LRK MODEM
    CSC Custom LR5
    Deodexed
    zipplaning
    Full root
    Busybox
    Optimiced apks
    New tweaks and libraries jelly bean
    Removed some tweaks init.d now expendable by the previous
    New tweaks build.prop some new settings eliminated by previous
    Increased rate of system
    Increased fluidity of system
    Increased smoothness scroll
    Increased tactile response
    15 toogles stock included in statusbar full battery icon
    Removed sound and noise reduction up
    Removed log sms
    Added app to change USB mode to MTP mode storage
    New changes to blue widgets theme
    Removed "drag to unlock" with "KingDroid" only for Spanish
    Fixed color blue in some sources the blue theme
    Added Mod KingDroid 240dpi Hyb with dual rate setting panel tablet (NO TOUCHWIZ TOUCHWIZ 4 NI 5)
    Added to dialer multidpi blue theme
    Crt mods deleted too many combinations of frameworks between mods (besides asking who needs it)
    New style for the blue theme multiarea
    and all the usual

WIPES installation options:

No wipe
    With full wipe

ROM installation options:

NO MODS ONLY install rom, THEMES, ETC
    FULL INSTALL ROM more mods, themes, etc.

Apps removable system

Samsung clock widgets
    Live wallpapers
    Days and Mini diary
    Hub Reader
    Music Hub
    Social hub
    Polaris office
    google +
    Press reader
    Samsung stock clock widget
    Kies App
    All share
    Wireless Apps
    My Files
    Photo Retouching
    Stk
    Swype
    Video editor
    Fota Client
    Mobile Print
    Samsung Apps
    SChoice

OPTIONAL MODS

Sony bravia engine
    Beats Audio
    Call Rec
    PlayStation Certificated

STOCK ADDED THEME

Samsung widget transparent
    Asus Padfone weather widget
    240dpi KingDroid mod Hybrid NO SUPPORT TW4

THEME S3 NO SUPPORT MULTIDPI

S3 UI Mod TW5
    S3 Music App Beta
    S3 Weather Mod Stock
    S3 Transparent Weather Mod
    Samsung S3 Voice
    S3 Task Manager

KINGDROID BLUE THEME

KingDroid UI theme
    Theme Launcher KingDroid
    KingDroid Dialer & icons
    Transparent blue widgets KingDroid
    240dpi KingDroid mod Hybrid NO SUPPORT TW4
    KingDroid clock theme center

APPS OPTIONAL

plus brownser
    My story
    ssuggest
    apollo
    play books
    play music
    play movie
    adaway
    rolletube
    ics galery google
    Google currents
    Flipboard
    my file explorer

KERNELS

LRG CF-ROOT
    SpeedMod k3-11
    GL-notecore v9

MODEMS SELECTABLE

LRB
    LPT
    LB1
    LRK

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

My Guide to Install KD4.0 / KD4.1.1 / KD4.2

Since I noticed many people were struggling and having issues in installing the new release, and since I was going to install it myself, I thought I would go a guide to help all - in a simple way I could.

If I've mentioned anything wrong, please take let me know so that I could modify the post to correct it.

THE STEPS TO FOLLOW:

1) Boot into Recovery (Power+Home+Volume Up)
    2) Flash Abyss 4.2 (Just to be on the safer side).
    3) Advanced > Reboot Recovery
    4) Install jBroid (Optional. - But I used it to ensure that I clean up any junk that I might have left by flashing numerous Roms over the past)
    4.1) If you're not flashing jBroid, then ensure you do a Wipe Cache, and Wipe Dalvik Cache.

01.jpg

5) Flash KD4.1 / 4.1.1 / 4.2 - This would start the Aroma Installer as shown below
    6) First screen of Aroma installer is to select the Theme you want. The theme selection is for the Installer them and not the ROM theme - thus doesn't affect the outcome of your install in any way. Select anything you want. I chose default option - Choice 1 - Generic.

The touch response of the Aroma is not very great, if you're having issues clicking buttons or making selections, try changing the area you click, optionally Volume UP, Volume Down buttons would help to navigate within the interface, and Power button acts as Click (same as in recovery).

02.jpg

7) Just terms and conditions. Click the checkbox at the bottom and select "next"
    03.jpg

8) Changelog. Select Next
    04.jpg

9) Next screen is about Wipe. (Sorry, my image has gone missing :( )
    What is says is:
    Please select
    a) installed without wipe
    b) installed with full wipe

I chose full wipe. Choice is yours.

10) Next two screens you will select the apps you "DON'T NEED". What it says is:
    You want to delete? Recommended To free memory.
    05.jpg

05-02.jpg

11) Next two screens you will select the apps you NEED. What is says is:
    Choose What we want to install the system needs more memory
    06.jpg

06-02.jpg

12) Next two screens too, you will select the apps you NEED to install.
    07.jpg

07-02.jpg

13) Here you will select the KERNEL and MODEM.
    If you want to retain your ROOT, select CF-ROOT. You can flash to Speedmod later. Selecting Speedmod here will make you lose your ROOT!!!
    08.jpg

14) Continue "Next" and installation would proceed.
    09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15) After installation, device would boot. Give about 3-4 minutes
    13.jpg

16) And Bravo! Setup screen (Since I full wipe). Otherwise you would see your shell, icons etc.
    14.jpg

17) And here is the Settings > About.
    Build Number would show as 4.1, Don't worry about it!
    15.jpg

I noticed the CF-Root kernel / LPT modem was not going into Deep sleep.
    I flashed with Speedmod K3-5 and LR1 modem. Phone operates smooth as Silk and Deep Sleep works just fine.

Hope This helps and makes it a bit easy for those who struggle with install.

If this helped, it only takes a "Click" to give "THANKS" :)
    Guide Updated: Last edited Sep 01, 08:00 Hrs,

This is how to install KD7.4 hassle free :victory:, If you find this cumbersome, it's your choice :good:
    ======================
    WARNING: Do not WIPE if you are on Stock ICS, unless you are on safe kernel. I have edited the steps so it should take care of this too :D However Flashing is always risky, Flash at your own risk.
    ======================

Note: I confirm Call recording is working fine and even the Lockscreen is transparent, except Samsung weather widget!! And Yes One can sort the applications, that option is still there.

Before flashing (just click on the links below and files will download automatically)
    - Download KDv7.4 md5sum (99E17260604453272E03FB549372FE70), I rename the zip file to "KDv74.zip"
    - Download kernel cleaning script from below location and copy it to SD card, rename the file to "jbroid.zip"
    -Download Notcore V14.1, it's pre-rooted and EMMC bug free on kernel and CWM level, so double safety and it reads internal/external memory correctly.
    -Download "Modem_DDLR1.zip" (indian rom modem) from link below and copy to SDcard

- Download "For super smooth performance" download this Kernel, which you will require at later stage. However the OC version may not work on all phones, but I still recommend the OC version. Henceforth Notecore is known as Hydracore. Enjoy !!
    OR

- Recharge your phone to 100%
    - Reboot into CWM
    - Install zip form SDcard > Jbroid.zip
    - Install zip from SDcard > Notecore 14.1.zip
    - advance > reboot recovery
    - Factory Reset (wipe data)
    - wipe cache
    - Advance > Wipe Dalvik
    - Reboot Recovery
    - Wipe Cache (Not Data)
    - install zip from sdcard (select KDv74.zip)

--- options selected ---
    Screen 1
    - Full wipe
    - Full rom with more mods, themes
    - 320 dpi

Screen 2
    - Feel free to select anything

Screen 3
    - select all tweaks except last one

Screen 4

- select all three Options [Row 1]
    - Select all S3 Options [Row 2]
    - Kingdroid themes, Select all except 240dpi [Row3]

Screen 5
    - select all beats, bravia, etc mods except last

Screen 6
    - For modem LB1
    - For Kernel Notecore

Next .... After installation,

Screen 7
    - Again boot into recovery (avoid direct boot to system, don't select any option, just click NEXT BUTTON)
    - Install zip form SDcard > Jbroid.zip
    - Install zip from SDcard > Hydracore1-4OC.zip (you may choose STD version if you don't prefer OverClock edition)
    - wipe cache (not data)
    - flashed Modem_DDLR1.zip (for better battery life)
    - reboot system

----------------------------------------------
    Enjoy !!!

Edit: Last edited Sep 01, 08:00 Hrs, steps modified even for those who are on stock ICS, now no need to fear !!!
    new kingdroid v4 soon XD
    Changelog for KingDroid V8 By Dr.Taly:
    Base rom N700XXLRT, sounds wallpapers and shutdown anim from note2, apn for pepephone, and all that stuff on other kd roms aroma installer. the rom is in tests, tomorrow will be online.