All question and answers for optimus 2x

Search This thread

presuntinho

May 26, 2012
1- I tried APP2sd to move games to my external SD, but it recognize my internal SD as the external. I need another app? I cant find any wich move apps to my big external SD.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

For this prolem i am trying Astro File Manager, but don't know exactly wich files i can or i should move.

I trid to move the app Kingsoft Office but then i oppened it and it can't find recent files, so looks like Astro does'nt move it properly.

But with some games it looks worse because some games doesn't have a directory with their names. For example i don't lnow with directory Shawdow Gund is, plus i am afraid that i will lost saves if i move it.

Please help.

jdm-man

Apr 24, 2012
howdy, I am running CM7 now but it's getting buggy and the battery life has been fairly average so I want to try this V20Q rebuild because of the supposedly great battery life (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503459). Just wondering if I have to do anything different when flashing since CM is ext4 and stock is ext3 partition or something?
I had problems when I tried BlazingDragon 2.1 so I just want to make sure before I try this time.
Cheers

mad_catmk2

May 31, 2012
Hong Kong
Hey guys I'm currently running CM7.2 RC1 and I plan to try one of the custom builds here (say temasek's unofficial CM7 builds).

Do I just flash his build over the current build on my phone (and maybe wipe cache) or should I be 'safe' and do a full wipe?

Thanks!

levelik

May 25, 2010
Bucharest
Want to get a opinion on the best performance/battery stock rom for O2X from the first one to V20q. Which one do you think is the best?

aragorn7

Apr 18, 2012
T-Mobile USA 2G / 3G / 3.5G / HSPA+ / "4G"

Anybody on T-Mobile US with the p990 / su660?

I'd like to hear if you are also having problems I have had...I can only have stable signal when choosing "2G only". Otherwise, signal keeps dropping and end up with "No Service".

I realize that to have access to HSPA+, the frequency needed are 1700 / 2100. My su660 has 2100 but not 1700. Does this mean I cannot access the HSPA+ speed?

If not, then what can I do to get at least the 3G speed? that is without service drops. I tried manually entering the APN with the "T-Mobile G2" setting (the one with proxy server address), but still no luck.

Thanks in advance. I'd appreciate any advice you may have!

EDIT: Found solution here on how to resolve network service drops for my CM9. Huge thanks to TIITHE!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26877374#post26876023

EDIT#2: Sadly, NO, I cannot use 3G/3.5G (marketed as "4G" by T-mobile USA) with my SU660 O2x. Apparently a phone needs to support the 1700 MHz frequency in order to have 3G speeds on the TMO US. :(
screenshotfrom201206022.png

Source: http://explore.t-mobile.com/phone-sim-card

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Hey guys I'm currently running CM7.2 RC1 and I plan to try one of the custom builds here (say temasek's unofficial CM7 builds).

Do I just flash his build over the current build on my phone (and maybe wipe cache) or should I be 'safe' and do a full wipe?

Thanks!

I'm not too familiar with temasek's builds. Are they based on the same code as the CM7.2 RC1? If so, then you don't have to do a full wipe.

In general, full wipe is recommended and needed to be "safe" as you said. But if you're flashing same kinds of roms, it's not necessary. For example, if you regularly flash the cm nightlies, it's not necessary. I also regularly flash Owain's CM9 kangs without full wipe in between.

There were times though I messed up something badly between flashes and did a full wipe.

But as long as you have a good nandroid backup, you should be safe. Feel free to experiment! (I've learned a lot this way)

Last edited:
Reactions: mad_catmk2

fufumann

Nov 13, 2011
Cologne
Nova HD Rebuild v1.0.1

Regarding [CM9][ROM][ICS 4.0.4][JUN02] Nova HD Rebuild v1.0.1 | LG UI 3.0 | Highly Customizable Thread / post #3377

"I found a bug!! I phoned my dad and when i made the call it says "end call" right after i pressed to call..but my dad's phone was ringing but he couldn't hear me..i flashed it 3 times and the same problem"

I had the same problem! Install a different RIL and everything will work fine!

fvioleiro

Jun 7, 2012
Lisbon
PIN prompt problem

I to you all guys!

I'm recent in this forum, but i follow you, for a long time.
I need your help, in a small issue:
After several Rom's installation, i went back to stock rom. But during an factory actualization, something went wrong. After that, no matter what rom I'm using, the PIN prompt has some difficult to appear. Robot's one after another, until it show.
I'm talking about 8 or 9 reboots. why is that? Software or hardware problems!?
I appreciate your help on this, and congratulations to you all for the nice job you've been made.

Regards.

LG Optimus 2X
Rom Civato Flexbomb R5 V20Q
GuestkrnL FlixEdition V1.3

Valpskott

Oct 15, 2011
Eagleblood AIOS 4.0.4

So, I flashed my LG Optimus X2 with the Eagleblood AIOS 4.0.4. I tried writing in their post but since I havn't posted 10 posts yet, I couldn't.

Anyways, the rom feels extremly responsive, but the battery is draining faster than before, and no video-recording. Other than that, It's the best rom I've tried yet.

Nourer

Jun 12, 2012
Montreal
APX

Hey guys I have been triying to revive my bricked 2x trough the guide here in this forum but I keep getting stucked in the part where the computer should recognise the APX device. its just doesnt show anything and also. I didnt know how to install the .inf in the APX driver folder so I used one guide in other page and I think I did but maybe not the right way?. In the devices it appears "nvidia usb boot recovery..." so PLEASE HELP!!

god bless you!

sorry for my bad english

bliizzz

Oct 8, 2011
Hey guys I have been triying to revive my bricked 2x trough the guide here in this forum but I keep getting stucked in the part where the computer should recognise the APX device. its just doesnt show anything and also. I didnt know how to install the .inf in the APX driver folder so I used one guide in other page and I think I did but maybe not the right way?. In the devices it appears "nvidia usb boot recovery..." so PLEASE HELP!!

god bless you!

sorry for my bad english

First of all is your device entering the software update mode?

solrakk6

Apr 4, 2012
another question.. very important for my and maybe for us newbies..

how can i install the stock rom for our LG x2 on the xda..
via CWM ??? When i want revert how can i do that?? just flash and that's ok

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

It's a kernel thing, it was tried but cause other USB problems IIRC.

I ask that because in future maybe we have a nice "media player" just need a keyboard via bluetooth. USB OTG was very nice.. :/

solrakk6

Apr 4, 2012
I've read the procedure for restore the stock rom..

I come from Portugal..what rom i need?? Europe open or CZECH, FRANCE, POLAND, PORTUGAL, SLOVENIA, SWITZERLAND, ITALY, HUNGARY, SPAIN

and what baseband..... can i use this release: 1035.21_20110614

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the place where you can ask questions about your LG Optimus 2X, So if you have any "beginner" question or everything else, just ask here.

Also, this place will also be a FAQ, to answer all the common questions about the phone .

REQUEST THE SENIORS TO COME HERE AND HELP REG THE SAME

For tutorials, guides and links to important files go here :
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037751

future questions if not here will be closed or moved to general
    lets keep our development thread related to development only and clean
    :D

FAQs

What is the best ROM available?
    Really depends on your needs are priorities. Totally bug-free ROMs are Froyo ROMs, and leaked stock Gingerbread ROMs. CM7 based ROMs, including MIUI, still have a few bugs. Go to appropriate threads for more details.

Can I get LG Apps and Widgets on CM7 ROM?
    No, you can't. LG apps and widgets require the LG framework, and so will not work on non-stock based ROMs.

What are kernels? Should I install custom kernels?
    It is sort of a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done by the hardware. Custom kernels provide added features such as EXT4, Voodoo sound, and many more. You can install a kernel just like you install a ROM.
    @kohos

I did the experiment today and it worked fine. Battery #1 dropped to 7%, powered off, waited 15 sec, popped in the fully charged Battery #2 and it correctly showed the 100% after boot.

I am currently recharging battery #1. When my battery#2 that my phone is using runs out of juice, I will do another experiment where I don't wait the 15sec to see if I can repeat getting the wrong battery percent value.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium

I just finished the second experiment and yeah, my suspicion was correct.

When I change batteries, if I wait for a while (15 sec) before putting on the spare, then the battery level is correctly displayed.

But if I put on the spare quickly without any wait in between, then the reported battery level is at whatever value it had before the last power off.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium
    You really need to read the thread before posting in it.
    I guess clearing the data for settings would be a good start.
    Hey Rusty,

ive made a kitchen rom here http://romkitchen.org/lg/?s=generator

after that i replaced the apps in /system/app with mine, then zipped again but it wouldnt boot :) ?