[Q] Moving keyboards to system partition?

Search This thread

rijon99

Apr 4, 2009
I've tried to move Swiftkey 3 keyboard to the system partition with titanium backup pro but it keeps force closing, when I done this with Swiftkey X, it had worked perfectly without any force closing. My question is, Is there any way to move Swiftkey 3 keyboard to the system partition without any force closes? (Same with swype beta)

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
I've tried to move Swiftkey 3 keyboard to the system partition with titanium backup pro but it keeps force closing, when I done this with Swiftkey X, it had worked perfectly without any force closing. My question is, Is there any way to move Swiftkey 3 keyboard to the system partition without any force closes? (Same with swype beta)

Try also moving /data/data/com.touchtype.swiftkey/lib/* to /system/lib/*

Check that permissions suit the target although this should be automatic. Reboot, may work.

rijon99

Apr 4, 2009

Check that permissions suit the target although this should be automatic. Reboot, may work.
Thanks for the reply, but when I moved it to the system partition with titanium backup, that file is already moved to /system/lib/ with the correct permissions already. I don't know why this isn't working but it worked perfectly with Swiftkey X

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Thanks for the reply, but when I moved it to the system partition with titanium backup, that file is already moved to /system/lib/ with the correct permissions already. I don't know why this isn't working but it worked perfectly with Swiftkey X

No problem, good luck.

Have a look at logcat when you launch the app and it crashes for some pointers.

rijon99

Apr 4, 2009
It appears that titanium backup didn't work properly when moving to the system partition. I manually moved the lib file to /system/lib/ then converted Swiftkey 3 to a system app and it worked (It also worked for Swype beta.)

Last edited:

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
how do i look at that?

and thanks for all your help

It's the Android system log, you can use an application like Logger on the Play Store or others, there are many of them (search for "logcat"). Or you can use adb which is as simple as "adb logcat > log.txt" to capture the log to a text file but you need adb set up for that.

Capturing the log is a smart idea because you'll need to search it for the errors you're looking for.

It may be easier to move a suspect .so file to /system/lib/ set the permissions and reboot to see if it solves the problem - it's possibly faster than determining whether it's causing the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It appears that titanium backup didn't work properly when moving to the system partition. I manually moved the lib file to /system/lib/ then converted Swiftkey 3 to a system app and it worked (It also worked for Swype beta.)