[Leaked-Ota][Cdma][4.1.2] Jelly Bean 98.72.8 (12/27/12)

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
droid-razr-jelly-bean-update-650x432.jpg

Jelly Bean Anyone???​

That's right, in case you didn't know, a Jelly Bean OTA was "accidentally" pushed out to lots of people on Christmas Eve. Maybe you grabbed it, maybe you didn't. Well for those of you that didn't, I have quite the surprise for you today!!!

Here it is, the "accidental" Jelly Bean OTA!!!!!

Let's go through the steps to get this on your phone. Now keep in mind, just to test out these instructions, I've done this myself since I am back on the RAZR now!

CAUTION!!!!! AFTER INSTALLING THIS UPDATE, IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GO BACK TO ICS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Note: I am absolutely NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone during this process.

Prerequisites:
1. Download the Jelly Bean update file and place it on the root of your external sdcard (root of sdcard means DO NOT put it in any folders, just put it on the main part of the external sdcard.) http://d-h.st/8l1
2. Download and install Winrar (free version) http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
3. Download Mattlgroff's RAZR Utility v1.82 http://batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/DroidRazrUtility1.82.zip
4. Download and install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m9yZy5wcm9qZWN0dm9vZG9vLm90YXJvb3RrZWVwZXIiXQ

Update your SU Binary before backing up your root!

Install Instructions:

1. Find the zip file for the RAZR utility you just downloaded and right click on it. Select "Extract Files..." then click OK.

2. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB Cable in FASTBOOT MODE.

3. Go to the extracted folder from the Utility and double click the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.

4. Select option 1 to fastboot back to complete stock .211 (Note: If you're just on stock rooted .211 with NO RECOVERY, skip this step. If the update fails, fastboot back to .211)

5. After fastbooting back (it will take a while) Reopen the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.

6. Stay connected to your PC, with your phone ON normally, change the USB connection to MTP Mode, now go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn on USB Debugging.

7. Use the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file again, this time select Option 2 which will root your .211 build.

7a. Open the app drawer on your phone, navigate to SuperUser, open the app, and update your su binaries.

8. Open the app drawer on your phone and navigate to the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App and open the app.

9. Once the app is open, allow it Superuser Permission, then select "Protect Root."

10. Reboot Device

11. Go back to the OTA Rootkeeper App and this time select "Temp Unroot."

12. Turn your phone off. Once powered down, press and hold the power button + volume down at the same for about 9 seconds, when the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol+, vol-)

13. You're now in the bootloader, press the vol- button to highlight "Recovery" and press vol+ to select it.

14. You'll be greeted with an Android on his back, press both volume buttons at the same time here to enter stock moto recovery.

15. Now in stock recovey, select "install update from external sdcard."

16. Wait for the update to finish installing (about 20-30 minutes.)

17. After the update is finished, simply reboot the phone.

18. Congratualtions!!! You now have stock Jelly Bean on your RAZR!!!

Now let's get your root permissions back!

1. Reboot your phone normally after the update finishes installing.

2. Open the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App

3. Select "Restore Root."

4. PROFIT!

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE RESTORING ROOT AFTER THIS UPDATE, TRY THIS TOOL (made by mattlgroff) BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

Try this tool and let me know if it works please.

Extract to desktop
Make sure you have the drivers installed
Connect phone to PC
Enable USB Debugging
Double click the FixRoot.bat file

http://d-h.st/nep

Not making any promises but it might work.

VIDEO of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on the Motorola Droid RAZR courtesy of Tomsgt:
http://youtu.be/iLDnG0ZqxTI

Last edited:

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
Doesn't matter, people don't really use search function.
It maybe possible to get root back by temp downgrade to ICS kernel.
I'll only reveal it when JB for umts_spyder is official.

Requirement :
- CID partition backup. So backup now before you lose root.
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p18 of=/sdcard/cid.img
#It just 512kb (2kb compressed)

Last edited:

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Doesn't matter, people don't really use search function. I add some delicious info.

Requirement :
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblkp18 of=/sdcard/cid.img

you just miss a "1" mmcblk1p18

thank you whirleyes for your find :D, i'm looking forward to see it

TeddyOFLove

Sep 22, 2012
I have read alot about this new JB leak. And as i understand it is for xt912 (USA). Will this work for xt910 (Nordic)? Or maybe it will flash but will not give me signal.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Reactions: eaglesbaby

Jikenda

Jul 20, 2010
San Diego, CA
won't boot..

Hey guys, I ran into an issue while doing this for my brother. Once I installed the stock ICS via the tool in the OP, the phone will only boot to the motorola screen and then the phone goes completely black and will not boot. I can still get into fastboot, but if I try to reach recovery I get the droid with the red exclamation mark (so it seems the phone now has no recovery on it). I have tried redoing the process, but I'm getting the same result once the flash is complete.

Any advice on what I should do? Was using a fully charged CDMA RAZR fyi..

I appreciate any help on this and I'll be the first to admit that I almost always run into problems with Motorola phones. Is there another method or toolkit to simply get back to a bootable phone and try my luck again?

Thanks!

Irthu

Nov 17, 2012
Bangalore
Does this work on a gsm xt910?? I am using stock rom but have a safestrap within so any help on what i can do!?!?

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Jikenda

Jul 20, 2010
San Diego, CA
Nevermind.. I used RSD to flash the ICS stock. I suppose I can now go through the rest of the process in the OP?

Seems to be working fine now, so I'll continue the rest of the steps to get root and flash JB tonight. Please let me know if I'm missing anything and thanks again for any advice / suggestions.

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I ran into an issue while doing this for my brother. Once I installed the stock ICS via the tool in the OP, the phone will only boot to the motorola screen and then the phone goes completely black and will not boot. I can still get into fastboot, but if I try to reach recovery I get the droid with the red exclamation mark (so it seems the phone now has no recovery on it). I have tried redoing the process, but I'm getting the same result once the flash is complete.

Any advice on what I should do? Was using a fully charged CDMA RAZR fyi..

I appreciate any help on this and I'll be the first to admit that I almost always run into problems with Motorola phones. Is there another method or toolkit to simply get back to a bootable phone and try my luck again?

Thanks!

When you see the little Android with the exclamation point, as stated in step 14:

14. You'll be greeted with an Android on his back, press both volume buttons at the same time here to enter stock moto recovery.

Does this work on a gsm xt910?? I am using stock rom but have a safestrap within so any help on what i can do!?!?

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Look for the process to install this in a thread made by whirleyes, this is for CDMA ONLY.

Nevermind.. I used RSD to flash the ICS stock. I suppose I can now go through the rest of the process in the OP?

Seems to be working fine now, so I'll continue the rest of the steps to get root and flash JB tonight. Please let me know if I'm missing anything and thanks again for any advice / suggestions.

eaglesbaby

Aug 22, 2012
Thank you. This is perfect. I tried many different threads with different processes, but this is the only one that got it working.

Thanks for all your work.

Reactions: spc_hicks09

eaglesbaby

Aug 22, 2012
Lost root

Hi guys,

So I successfully updated to JB using the method in this thread, but now it appears that I've lost root, even though I used VooDoo and everything. Has anyone else run into this?

Shawna

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

So I successfully updated to JB using the method in this thread, but now it appears that I've lost root, even though I used VooDoo and everything. Has anyone else run into this?

Shawna

Voodoo worked fine for me but i have a tool I'm going to post that should help everyone.

waiting for GSM update

Wrong thread, this is CDMA. Whirleyes already posted GSM instructions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

spc_hicks09

Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

Shawna

Extract to desktop
Connect phone to PC
Enable USB Debugging

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    droid-razr-jelly-bean-update-650x432.jpg

Jelly Bean Anyone???​

That's right, in case you didn't know, a Jelly Bean OTA was "accidentally" pushed out to lots of people on Christmas Eve. Maybe you grabbed it, maybe you didn't. Well for those of you that didn't, I have quite the surprise for you today!!!

Here it is, the "accidental" Jelly Bean OTA!!!!!

Let's go through the steps to get this on your phone. Now keep in mind, just to test out these instructions, I've done this myself since I am back on the RAZR now!

CAUTION!!!!! AFTER INSTALLING THIS UPDATE, IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GO BACK TO ICS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Note: I am absolutely NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone during this process.

Prerequisites:
    1. Download the Jelly Bean update file and place it on the root of your external sdcard (root of sdcard means DO NOT put it in any folders, just put it on the main part of the external sdcard.) http://d-h.st/8l1
    2. Download and install Winrar (free version) http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    3. Download Mattlgroff's RAZR Utility v1.82 http://batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/DroidRazrUtility1.82.zip
    4. Download and install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m9yZy5wcm9qZWN0dm9vZG9vLm90YXJvb3RrZWVwZXIiXQ

Update your SU Binary before backing up your root!

Install Instructions:

1. Find the zip file for the RAZR utility you just downloaded and right click on it. Select "Extract Files..." then click OK.

2. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB Cable in FASTBOOT MODE.

3. Go to the extracted folder from the Utility and double click the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.

4. Select option 1 to fastboot back to complete stock .211 (Note: If you're just on stock rooted .211 with NO RECOVERY, skip this step. If the update fails, fastboot back to .211)

5. After fastbooting back (it will take a while) Reopen the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.

6. Stay connected to your PC, with your phone ON normally, change the USB connection to MTP Mode, now go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn on USB Debugging.

7. Use the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file again, this time select Option 2 which will root your .211 build.

7a. Open the app drawer on your phone, navigate to SuperUser, open the app, and update your su binaries.

8. Open the app drawer on your phone and navigate to the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App and open the app.

9. Once the app is open, allow it Superuser Permission, then select "Protect Root."

10. Reboot Device

11. Go back to the OTA Rootkeeper App and this time select "Temp Unroot."

12. Turn your phone off. Once powered down, press and hold the power button + volume down at the same for about 9 seconds, when the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol+, vol-)

13. You're now in the bootloader, press the vol- button to highlight "Recovery" and press vol+ to select it.

15. Now in stock recovey, select "install update from external sdcard."

16. Wait for the update to finish installing (about 20-30 minutes.)

17. After the update is finished, simply reboot the phone.

18. Congratualtions!!! You now have stock Jelly Bean on your RAZR!!!

Now let's get your root permissions back!

1. Reboot your phone normally after the update finishes installing.

2. Open the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App

3. Select "Restore Root."

4. PROFIT!

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE RESTORING ROOT AFTER THIS UPDATE, TRY THIS TOOL (made by mattlgroff) BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

Extract to desktop
    Connect phone to PC
    Enable USB Debugging

VIDEO of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on the Motorola Droid RAZR courtesy of Tomsgt:
    http://youtu.be/iLDnG0ZqxTI
    ROOT ACHIEVED FOR JELLY BEAN!!!!!!!!!!

Credit to whoever found the exploit and whoever posted the topic at droidrzr.
    http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/6924-root-achieved-for-jb-ota-razrmaxx-xt912/

I know that there are other threads like this one, but I honestly thought mine was a little easier to understand and a little more in laymen terms. If any Mods want this removed, please feel free to do so!
    Doesn't matter, people don't really use search function.

Requirement :
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p18 of=/sdcard/cid.img
    Hi guys,

Shawna

Extract to desktop
    Connect phone to PC
    Enable USB Debugging

seems very simple (affecting other partitions? I mean the other ROMs installed?)
    thanks