what to buy!

Search This thread

andy1weir

Jul 13, 2012
so ive got a bit of money in my paypal acount from the sale of my ipad, and wondering what accessories could i buy for my s4, i already have a few cases including an otterbox defender, is there anything interesting you guys have bought???

RIPBAP1999

Jul 6, 2008
Huntington
so ive got a bit of money in my paypal acount from the sale of my ipad, and wondering what accessories could i buy for my s4, i already have a few cases including an otterbox defender, is there anything interesting you guys have bought???

64gb Micro SD card. Amazon has a Sandisk Ultra for $40. Definitely recommend it.

Zagg HD screen protector. I put these on every phone I have had since the HD came out. The regular Zagg looks and feels weird, but the HD is wonderful. One problem though, when I had my HTC one, I got the ZAGG HD and had a Otterbox defender. The defenders built in screen protector stuck to the zagg and made the screen look funky. I didn't like it, so I swapped my defender for the commuter, which looked better and fit better in my pocket.

A USB OTG adapter. Wonderful little thing that can be found on eBay for like $2. You can hook usb flash drives up to your phone, external hard drives, xbox 360 controllers for games, etc. Awesome.

Oh! If you want awesome battery life, get the Zero Lemon extended battery.

I'm sure there's more, and I'll update if I can remember anything

andy1weir

Jul 13, 2012
64gb Micro SD card. Amazon has a Sandisk Ultra for $40. Definitely recommend it.

Zagg HD screen protector. I put these on every phone I have had since the HD came out. The regular Zagg looks and feels weird, but the HD is wonderful. One problem though, when I had my HTC one, I got the ZAGG HD and had a Otterbox defender. The defenders built in screen protector stuck to the zagg and made the screen look funky. I didn't like it, so I swapped my defender for the commuter, which looked better and fit better in my pocket.

A USB OTG adapter. Wonderful little thing that can be found on eBay for like $2. You can hook usb flash drives up to your phone, external hard drives, xbox 360 controllers for games, etc. Awesome.

Oh! If you want awesome battery life, get the Zero Lemon extended battery.

I'm sure there's more, and I'll update if I can remember anything

excellent thanks, just ordered the usb otg, ive got a screen protector on the way, im gonna remove the film on the defender case as it sticking to my lcd also, the zero lemon battery is a no go as i cant use it in the defender case, is there any other batterys that dont increase in profile size?

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
Zerolemon has a 3000 mAh battery (I think it may really be 2800) that fits in the stock battery cover just barely. It gives me a good extra hour or so depending on use.

I mainly bought it just so I could swap batteries whenever I wanted. It comes with two batteries and an external charger for $20. The only thing is they don't have NFC. Not a bad deal overall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RIPBAP1999

Jul 6, 2008
Huntington
excellent thanks, just ordered the usb otg, ive got a screen protector on the way, im gonna remove the film on the defender case as it sticking to my lcd also, the zero lemon battery is a no go as i cant use it in the defender case, is there any other batterys that dont increase in profile size?

Well, when I had an otterbox with my S3 and wanted to have really good battery life, I bought two things.

1. A pack of two or three batteries and an external battery charger.
2. An extra external battery charger.

Examples:

Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-Battery-..._Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item48559c1a08

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-AC-Dock...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item43bc5b2de8

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Capable-Batte...=1391372421&sr=1-3&keywords=galaxy+s4+battery

http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Batt...499&sr=1-1&keywords=galaxy+s4+battery+charger

The eBay way is cheaper, that's what I did. I barely noticed a difference between battery life of the knock offs compared to the OEM or Anker brands. I bought the two chargers so I could always have them charged. Took a battery with me wherever I went, kept one in my car, kept one on charge. I used my phone hard core and after 8-10 hours when it died on me, I just swapped them out. I never had to worry about charging my phone. Just had to use one that I had laying around, or swap the battery from my phone with one on the charger. The only downside to this is that you have to take your case off. But it only takes a minute and my otterbox never got damaged or anything. I recommend that if you don't want a bulky battery.

andy1weir

Jul 13, 2012
the thing with carrying extra batteries around tho is i dont want to be prying my phone out of the case all the time, hard enough as it is lol

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Top 4

1. Zerolemon 7500mah Extended Battery & rugged case
2. 64gb micro SD
3. Bose® Bluetooth® headset Series 2
4. Powerpod 360 Vibration Speaker
http://powerpod360.com/power-pod-360/ Saw this on a demo at Sams Club. Very impressive check out some YT vid's people have posted then search for best price. This is #4 on my list so do not have one yet. The demo guy said he takes 2 of them connected by a splitter cord and has them on his bookshelves and they drive his av set up. He also put's it on the tailgate of his truck to make it truly tailgate party.

This is my Top List now just to find the "free spending" money soon.