which one is better?

Search This thread

tplnoor

Dec 31, 2012
i want to buy moto g but its hard for me to find which model is better?
single sim or dual?
google play version or not?
i mean which one have better xperiance?
normally we love google play versions . but here we have a motorola.i had not any motorola cellphons before
which one is better? motorola roms and suport? or the google ones?
which one have better roms and support and development?
single sim? dual sim?
tanx alot.and exm for my english.

tplnoor

Dec 31, 2012
I depends on your needs and your network. Do you need dual Sim?

sent from the kitty kat Atrix HD Maxx

if the dual sim is like sigle sim in all things( roms-performance-development)-you know for example galasy s and galaxy s dual arent like together-
i wana get dual sim
but if not.no problem.i will use single sim
imean aim asking you about the performance-roms- support -development
tnx again

digitalmahdi

Sep 12, 2009
It's like the single sim. It's not like Samsung which Dou's versions are different.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

tplnoor

Dec 31, 2012
tnx bro
what about roms? which one is better? motorola or google play version?
generally nexsus are more better.cuse better support .but i dont know motorola
which one have better support for updates and what difference did you seen in motorola rom and google ?

debaj

Dec 8, 2010
Budapest
Currently most ROMs only support single SIM variants with very limited support to dual sim devices or none at all, but this can change later.

TotesMyGoats

Jul 7, 2013
Connersville
The moto g runs stock android. Its not a custom skinned rom like HTC and Samsung like to do. So really, the only difference is the GPE doesn't have the 3 Motorola apps (migrate, help, and the better moto camera app). Also, the GPE will get updates a couple months before.
My suggestion is get the normal moto g because of the camera app is better. Though, really in day to day use, you'll never notice if its the normal one or the play edition.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
The moto g runs stock android. Its not a custom skinned rom like HTC and Samsung like to do. So really, the only difference is the GPE doesn't have the 3 Motorola apps (migrate, help, and the better moto camera app). Also, the GPE will get updates a couple months before.
My suggestion is get the normal moto g because of the camera app is better. Though, really in day to day use, you'll never notice if its the normal one or the play edition.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

3 actually usefull apps and also Regular Moto G has an F2fs file system which was first used in moto x and promises faster random data reads ( faster read performances )
And about the updates....You can be sure that as soon as Moto G gpe would get any s/w update...it will be ported soon enough to regular one too

Sent from Samsung Chat

ashut0sh

Jan 27, 2012
Muktsar
Dual SIM Google Play Edition

i want to buy moto g but its hard for me to find which model is better?
single sim or dual?
google play version or not?
i mean which one have better xperiance?
normally we love google play versions . but here we have a motorola.i had not any motorola cellphons before
which one is better? motorola roms and suport? or the google ones?
which one have better roms and support and development?
single sim? dual sim?
tanx alot.and exm for my english.

>Dual vs Single: Dual SIM

Why?:confused:
Because you will have space for one extra SIM if some day you need it:), no harm in having two slots while if you have only one you might need to buy a new phone just for an extra SIM.:p

>Google Play vs Moto Version: Google Play

You will get unlocked Boot loader:D with warranty which you loose out in Moto Version:( in case you unlock your Boot loader.
Its like they unlock the boot loader for you with the warranty intact.
This will allow you to play with different ROMs without loosing out your warranty.:laugh:
For software support, Google ROM support will always be better than Motorola any day.:)
Further, in case of Hardware issues you shall be contacting Motorola in both cases so you aren't loosing out nothing :)
by buying a Google play edition.

Verdict: Dual SIM Google Play Edition :good:

Edit: as mentioned by @jaspreet997

Such phone is not available and also I have checked up the same.

So then opt for Simple SIM GPE untill and unless a dual SIM is very very important to you.

Last edited:

tplnoor

Dec 31, 2012
tanx again

generally single sims have better development(i dont know about motorola).if its true on motorola.its more important than one sim more
in my country motorola havent eny office and the waranty isnt meaning here!
i think moto version will get updates as soon as the GPE got
so the motorola one sim looks better
thank you all

michalurban

Jul 11, 2010
Near Prague
>Dual vs Single: Dual SIM

Because you will have space for one extra SIM if some day you need it:), no harm in having two slots while if you have only one you might need to buy a new phone just for an extra SIM.:p

>Google Play vs Moto Version: Google Play

You will get unlocked Boot loader:D with warranty which you loose out in Moto Version:( in case you unlock your Boot loader.
Its like they unlock the boot loader for you with the warranty intact.
This will allow you to play with different ROMs without loosing out your warranty.:laugh:
For software support, Google ROM support will always be better than Motorola any day.:)
Further, in case of Hardware issues you shall be contacting Motorola in both cases so you aren't loosing out nothing :)
by buying a Google play edition.

Verdict: Dual SIM Google Play Edition :good:

Edit: as mentioned by @jaspreet997

Such phone is not available and also I have checked up the same.

So then opt for Simple SIM GPE untill and unless a dual SIM is very very important to you.

Reading this I again realized how different we people are. :) Because I would vote for a single sim regular phone instead. :D
- Why single sim? Because of the fact there are much more roms supporting only the single sim variant. Of course there will be dual sim roms, but when? I dont know? :) If in a month, then thats good. If in six months, thats bad ... many of us dont usually keep devices like this more than a year and being without flashing half of the time - nope, thanks! :D
- Why regular? I like what (little) Ive heard abou F2FS. And I dont care about warranty - I already have no warranty for my phone because I screwed up the purchase ... but thats another story :D

So, my advice - unless you need dual sim (or are going to need it soon), get regular single-sim.

Or not, it doesnt really matter lol ... :)

dgauze

Feb 16, 2014
Reading this I again realized how different we people are. :) Because I would vote for a single sim regular phone instead. :D
- Why single sim? Because of the fact there are much more roms supporting only the single sim variant. Of course there will be dual sim roms, but when? I dont know? :) If in a month, then thats good. If in six months, thats bad ... many of us dont usually keep devices like this more than a year and being without flashing half of the time - nope, thanks! :D
- Why regular? I like what (little) Ive heard abou F2FS. And I dont care about warranty - I already have no warranty for my phone because I screwed up the purchase ... but thats another story :D

So, my advice - unless you need dual sim (or are going to need it soon), get regular single-sim.

Or not, it doesnt really matter lol ... :)

Good points.

Regarding f2fs, how hard can it be to format a partition? I'm actually wondering the answer to this, as I have the GPE and it seems CM11 for the Moto G just went official. But like you said, it looks like the GPE and the dual-sim owners will have to wait longer.