[Q] Re-partitioning option

Search This thread
Hello, I have spent all day looking for this answer without any luck so I am hoping someone can answer my question here.

I wanted to upgrade my SII to the latest Cyanogenmod I did the following:
1). Downloaded and used Odin to install StockCWM-EL26.tar (CWM v5.0.2.7)
2). Using my SD card upgraded to CWM v5.8.1.5 (newest version I could find)
3). Factory reset and wiped everything.
4). Using my SD card installed the latest version of Cyanogenmod cm-10.2-20140330-NIGHTLY-d710 (Jelly Bean v4.3.1)

Everything booted fine and worked fine however I quickly ran out of app space. I noticed that my App partition space is 2GB where my S3 phone running the same OS (factory version) has the entire phone's space available for apps (16GB). I figured to fix this issue I just needed to re-partition the phone using a PIT file but I can't find this anywhere. Am I missing something or am I just stuck with a 2GB App partition and no chance of anything larger?

Thank you very much...
Taran.

Linux guy

Oct 23, 2012
Tucson
There is no "option" to change partitions for this phone. Or any device anywhere haha. Its more of a procedure. Anyways a lesson in terminology doesn't help. But yes you are "stuck" with 2 gigs. But I've installed literally hundreds of apps before having this problem. You should look at app2sd or something. No need to partition anything. Good luck ^ ^

sent from tumblr

oh...

Thanks for the quick response Linux guy. I am sad to hear I can't re-partition the phone but at least I can quite looking around for a way to do it...

I've moved all my apps using the built in "Move to SD" function in the system app menu but still almost out of space. I'll check out App2SD.

Thanks again,
Taran

Linux guy

Oct 23, 2012
Tucson
Here's something else to do. Go to settings>apps and click the menu button to sort your apps by size. I bet you have an app that's being a hog *pictures*
8ynujeju.jpg
ra8u5a5e.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1396935029985.jpg

If I was having space issues the first thing I'd do is delete Facebook in my case ^ ^

sent from tumblr

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Check the apps that use any type of avi/avatar image...Twitter, Facebook tend to Cache images and sap storage as well, each app selected will show you the cached size ;)

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

Thanks again for the replies. After a bit of looking around I ended up using Link2SD by Bulent Akpinar. So far that has solved all the issues I was having with space (seems to work a lot better then the built in "Phone to SD" did).

Take care...