Hotspot hack?

Search This thread

Giopand

Feb 12, 2011
Awesome it worked thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

One more thing when I get to the Apn type area it won't let me click on the area it's dark and wont allow me to enter dun

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

I saw your problem that you cannot click on the APN Type area because it's like blocked. I saw it yesterday on a Galaxy Note 2. For some reason it doesn't allow you to click on it I try to find another way and I didn't find how to do it when that happens.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
I saw your problem that you cannot click on the APN Type area because it's like blocked. I saw it yesterday on a Galaxy Note 2. For some reason it doesn't allow you to click on it I try to find another way and I didn't find how to do it when that happens.

Guys I posted how to edit the file manually and what/where the file is in the first post of the other thread. That way you dont need to do ##data# nor do you need your msl but you do need root.
Towelroot works fine and you can just delete the su binary and uninstall the app if you dont want to keep root.

This should work on note 2 as well as all other galaxy devices and maybe all sprint phones.
telephony.db under carriers, last 2 lines are the apns you need to add dun to in the database.

Giopand

Feb 12, 2011
Guys I posted how to edit the file manually and what/where the file is in the first post of the other thread. That way you dont need to do ##data# nor do you need your msl but you do need root.
Towelroot works fine and you can just delete the su binary and uninstall the app if you dont want to keep root.

This should work on note 2 as well as all other galaxy devices and maybe all sprint phones.
telephony.db under carriers, last 2 lines are the apns you need to add dun to in the database.

What's the link for that post? So I can read the info. Thanks.

mnxd9

Sep 3, 2008
y3azydar.jpg

yvu9y6e7.jpg

y6ejubys.jpg

u4u6eha8.jpg

Rooted Stock version NC5....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Big thanks natefuhr!

This clarified it enough for me to figure out it had to be the "internet" eherp and lte ( and not the ota) values that need to be changed it wasn't totally clear, thank you.

And it works! The wifi router app crashed my note 2 constantly, got my note 3 today, and I'm totally set, in love! :victory:

Giopand

Feb 12, 2011
Big thanks natefuhr!

This clarified it enough for me to figure out it had to be the "internet" eherp and lte ( and not the ota) values that need to be changed it wasn't totally clear, thank you.

And it works! The wifi router app crashed my note 2 constantly, got my note 3 today, and I'm totally set, in love! :victory:

Apparently you never did a search on the forum for the answer, detailed instructions are everywhere.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53823401

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53892053

Reactions: mnxd9

mnxd9

Sep 3, 2008
You are correct, I just got the phone and was browsing the forums and started clicking links until I found interesting posts, it was easier to keep reading than searching since I was sure I'd find relevant info in there, your post and link are much clearer and nicer, being that I screwed up my phone the first go around, I'll be sure to reference your post for this next time.

So thanks.

tommyz182

Jan 16, 2010
KitKat 4.4.4 APN option removed.

##data# from dialer. Select edit>enter msl>bottom of first page select more>bottom of second page has apns.

After every profile update it needs to be readded. Works without reboot for me.

This worked before, but my Note 3 did an update to KitKat 4.4.4 and not it doesnt work. Even when I go in by entering my MSL it has the APN's but has them changed. You cant edit them anymore. This was an awesome workaround, if you find out any new info on KK 4.4.4 I would love to know.

Thank You

Reactions: v1c70r80 and abjc89

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
This worked before, but my Note 3 did an update to KitKat 4.4.4 and not it doesnt work. Even when I go in by entering my MSL it has the APN's but has them changed. You cant edit them anymore. This was an awesome workaround, if you find out any new info on KK 4.4.4 I would love to know.

Thank You

Users reported my app working to enable it on 4.4.4 root is required though.

Link is a few posts up.

ttb1

Nov 2, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Cannot edit "APNs" after MSL code entered

##data# from dialer. Select edit>enter msl>bottom of first page select more>bottom of second page has apns.

Sprint gave me the MSL code but still couldn't edit once I'm in "MORE">LTE APN Settings>APNs and I do see "APN2 LTE internet" but it's GREY-OUT along with the "+" sign. My device is SM-N900P, Android v:4.4.4, Kernel v:3.4.0-2593013 (straight stock). What did I do wrong and how can I edit those two file?

Thanks,
TTB1

idone

Jul 7, 2006
idoneapps.com
Guess i have no idea what i'm doing. i can't get hotspot to work with galaxy tools. :(

You need root. Make sure you have the latest version from playstore.

Sprint gave me the MSL code but still couldn't edit once I'm in "MORE">LTE APN Settings>APNs and I do see "APN2 LTE internet" but it's GREY-OUT along with the "+" sign. My device is SM-N900P, Android v:4.4.4, Kernel v:3.4.0-2593013 (straight stock). What did I do wrong and how can I edit those two file?

Thanks,
TTB1

You need root, the ability to edit them without root with only the msl seems to be gone on newer software. With root GalaxyTools will take care of you though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idone.galaxymenu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KitKat 4.4.4 APN option removed.

Thank You
    TRUE, TRUE. If you install a recovery it will trip KNOX. your best bet is to go to Google play store and install the Paid version of hotspot tether it works, and the developer is could at keeping it up to date. Ya, your our out a couple of bucks but that's better than the $30 monthly fee from sprint.

I add dun to my apns and my native usb and wifi tether works on stock rooted nc5d. Cost $0 and worth a try.

cant figure this out on my 720t gs4 sprint. none of that is the same on my ##data# also cant edit the telephony.db, what should i use to edit it?

If you have root just use my one click app here. it supports your sph-l720t

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint/themes-apps/app-one-click-hotspot-enabler-menus-t2816159
    y3azydar.jpg

yvu9y6e7.jpg

y6ejubys.jpg

u4u6eha8.jpg

Rooted Stock version NC5....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Big thanks natefuhr!