[App][Best Launcher] GO Launcher v3.01 and HD version for Android 2.x - (21/5/2012)

What is the most important feature you want in the future?

• More stable and less memory usage

Votes: 129 60.3%
  • More smooth and better sliding experience

Votes: 100 46.7%
  • More options for visual settings

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Plugins like notification for better operation

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Deeper settings to modify home screen

Votes: 53 24.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
=GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x=
Here is the beta version of GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x, which is the tablet version of GO Launcher.
We need you guys to help us use it and tell me what you feel about the new features.
Tips:
1. Available for tablet devices with Android 2.0 or up.
2. Same functions with GO Launcher HD v1.07.
3. Please use v1.07 version on your tablet with Android 3.0 or up.
This is only beta version, if there’s any problems or bugs please send feedback to us through “Menu->Feedback”.

Download: http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GOLauncherHD_2.x_beta2.apk
--------------------------------------------------------------------

=About this post=
Hey xda guys, here is GO Launcher Dev Team and I'm the product manager who is in charge of GO Launcher EX.
We will bring out GO Launcher v3.0 in near future which includes a lot of new features.
I will release every beta version here and hope that you can tell me how you feel about our new features.[/FONT]

=Newest Version on Market=
Now the newest version is v3.01.
Market page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

=Newest Beta Version=
Next version is v3.02 and there are some new features mentioned below:

1. (New) Combined interface of launcher and locker theme preview

Download: please click here

=About GO Launcher=
GO Launcher is the most popular home app in Android Market. It allows users to customize home screen, change themes, use smooth transition animation as well as various widgets and screen locks. It brings you a fresh and extraordinary mobile operation experience.

=Features=
- Thousands of personalized themes
- Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
- Extremely smooth transition animation
- Smooth flipping operation
- User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!

=Tips=
1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
2. How to set transition animation?
Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
3. Icons are too small?
Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.

=Important=
1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.

Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.

Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!

Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
Copyright 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:

DnaPolymerase

Sep 17, 2011
This has always been bugging me, but how does GoTeam actually make a living out of giving the app for free? Personal data sale?

Reactions: siki77

Magic Stick

Dec 21, 2011
Warsaw
Nice to see dev team developing :)
Go laucher is best for me, if scrolling would be a bit more smooth would be awesome.

gcogger

Apr 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
I've said this elsewhere, but I'll take the opportunity to say it again here :)

I am still using v2.60 for one simple reason. Up to v2.60, when you exit an app you go straight back to the home screen. After 2.60 you go back to the app drawer. I prefer the old behaviour (and I'm not the only one who does) - why not make it an option in the settings, so the user can decide what they prefer?

Reactions: Keland44 and orrebo

emd2009

Jun 3, 2007
I have a request, could you please make it an option to remove the home button on the app drawer?

Reactions: marhensa

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Downloaded and I installed. Everything looks good so far. I def notice a difference with the transitions; feels much smoother. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) using XDA Premium.

Reactions: bugujun

interpole00

Jan 16, 2009
Is this version or future versions going to be based on Android 4.0 source code? Because currently it lags a lot on leaked ICS roms. Not trying to be selfish, of course.

sent from Epic 4G Touch w/ICS

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Whoa...someone that can actually hear my voice. Don't know how many times I have tried to reach out to Go to have this changed.

Moving apps from the app drawer to the home screen is horrible!!!

Change it so if you are in the app drawer and your tap and hold on a app you have two options when you slide it to the left or to the right. One being the home screen, the other being the all screens mode. Takes way too long to customize my home screens the way its set up right now.

bugujun

Mar 22, 2012
Guangzhou
Whoa...someone that can actually hear my voice. Don't know how many times I have tried to reach out to Go to have this changed.

Moving apps from the app drawer to the home screen is horrible!!!

Change it so if you are in the app drawer and your tap and hold on a app you have two options when you slide it to the left or to the right. One being the home screen, the other being the all screens mode. Takes way too long to customize my home screens the way its set up right now.
Hey, we will bring out a new-designed app drawer in near future.
Change the method of moving apps to homescreen.

gollyzila

Aug 27, 2011
Can you please add an option to disable and hide the dock?

Also when you guys remake the app drawer, can you make it so we can drag an app from the drawer into a special area that will hide the app?

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Absolutely love Go Launcher. It is the best out there.

However I would appreciate it if I were able to use my phone's built-in app transitions (opening an app from the homescreen and back) instead of the "zoom" ones Go Launcher forces on me. I hope you guys are considering adding this to a future version. Go and LauncherPro are the only launchers I know of that have this behavior and LauncherPro hasn't been updated in about a year.

Please consider letting us have this choice. You guys do great work and I'm thrilled to hear about 3.0!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x=
    Here is the beta version of GO Launcher HD for Android 2.x, which is the tablet version of GO Launcher.
    We need you guys to help us use it and tell me what you feel about the new features.
    Tips:
    1. Available for tablet devices with Android 2.0 or up.
    2. Same functions with GO Launcher HD v1.07.
    3. Please use v1.07 version on your tablet with Android 3.0 or up.
    This is only beta version, if there’s any problems or bugs please send feedback to us through “Menu->Feedback”.

Download: http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GOLauncherHD_2.x_beta2.apk

=About this post=
    Hey xda guys, here is GO Launcher Dev Team and I'm the product manager who is in charge of GO Launcher EX.
    We will bring out GO Launcher v3.0 in near future which includes a lot of new features.
    I will release every beta version here and hope that you can tell me how you feel about our new features.[/FONT]

=Newest Version on Market=
    Now the newest version is v3.01.
    Market page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

=Newest Beta Version=
    Next version is v3.02 and there are some new features mentioned below:

1. (New) Combined interface of launcher and locker theme preview

Download: please click here

=About GO Launcher=
    GO Launcher is the most popular home app in Android Market. It allows users to customize home screen, change themes, use smooth transition animation as well as various widgets and screen locks. It brings you a fresh and extraordinary mobile operation experience.

=Features=
    - Thousands of personalized themes
    - Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
    - Extremely smooth transition animation
    - Smooth flipping operation
    - User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
    Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!

=Tips=
    1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
    a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
    b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
    2. How to set transition animation?
    Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
    3. Icons are too small?
    Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
    3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
    4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
    5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.

=Important=
    1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
    2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
    3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
    5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
    It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.

Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.

Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!

Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
    Copyright 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.
    Question to Product Manager ugujun:

Can you remove Application manager which checks for applications update and make it a plugin? It hogs in the background otherwise a very good launcher.
    This has always been bugging me, but how does GoTeam actually make a living out of giving the app for free? Personal data sale?
    Sorry, no personal data sale!
    We sell themes to get money and GO Launcher is totally free.
    it just redundant, we have physical home button man..

Speak for yourself. Not redundant for me.

I'm glad there is a home button on app drawer when using it on my Kindle Fire.
    I just believe we have the right to complain/ask for updates/ etc.. by virtue of the fact that we are exchanging something for a service. Its just deceitful to claim its "free" . That's all.

Then by your terms, everything is "paid" and requires "exchanging something" ?
    The guys are working hard, and just because its a day or two late on a update, which according to me is a major update, doesn't mean their just lazy or anything. Just give them a bit more time and im sure they'll do as they said.
    I'm not trying to go out on war here or anything, just saying that complaining will not get you the update faster.