[Q] Galaxy S3-I9300 - Phone crashed while installing new update for 4.3 by OTA

Search This thread

kkriscool@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2014
Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S3 -I9300 crashed while it was installing new update for 4.3 by OTA. Phone was hanged in the middle of installation and it did not start for several hours. After restarting, the phone is not starting and it only shows SAMSUNG logo all time.

Can you please help me, how can I recover my phone to its original state?
I have done Factory reset by hardware method and try to used Samsung KIES recovery feature but it is still not working.

I have downloaded the 4.3 update - I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU from SAMMOBILE.com...and copied to SD card and tried to install by using recovery mode by pressing Volume up + Home key + Power key....but I am still not able to install it...it is only showing Android symbol with caution sign for long time.

I have also tried installing using Odin 3.09 but it is failing to install. Can someone please help me what should do I next...I need to switch on mobile at any cost so please help me.

Please reply me for this.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

plctech

Nov 13, 2012
fordham, essex
Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S3 -I9300 crashed while it was installing new update for 4.3 by OTA. Phone was hanged in the middle of installation and it did not start for several hours. After restarting, the phone is not starting and it only shows SAMSUNG logo all time.

I have done Factory reset by hardware method and try to used Samsung KIES recovery feature but it is still not working.

I have downloaded the 4.3 update - I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU from SAMMOBILE.com...and copied to SD card and tried to install by using recovery mode by pressing Volume up + Home key + Power key....but I am still not able to install it...it is only showing Android symbol with caution sign for long time.

I have also tried installing using Odin 3.09 but it is failing to install. Can someone please help me what should do I next...I need to switch on mobile at any cost so please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

which system are you using on the computer you are trying to install odin?

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

If you downloaded the I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU from SAMMOBILE.com you shouldn't flash that using Recovery mode.
You should boot to download mode. Hold Volume down + Home + Power Key.
Run Odin click PDA and choose that file you downloaded.