[Q]Directories under sd card using CWM recovery

Search This thread

jprakes

Jan 26, 2011
Chapmanville, WV
So I was installing a new rom, when I noticed all of these directories when I hit install from sd card (particularly 0, 10, and legacy ) and was curious as to why they are there and if there is a way to consolidate them. (formatting entire tablet, etc) 0 seems to include what was previously on the tablet, and 10 seems to be a fresh partition of some sort.
pahyquru.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anthony2424

Sep 30, 2013
No question is stupid, I can't explain exactly why legacy and 0 are there and what they are for however I will say that's just how android works. But I know exactly why you have what was previously on the tablet and that 0 and 10 folder thing going on. Ever since 4.2 legacy and emulated and the 0 folder were added, all this stuff, for some reason when flashing a new ROM the previous roms 0 folder stays and the flashing process changes the new roms directory that would be zero. My solution is formatting the internal storage then flashing a ROM via sidload in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jprakes

capnkrunch

Dec 31, 2013
Chicago
0 and legacy have to do with multi user support; 10 is probably related as well. Anthony is absolutely right about how to fix it. You should probably also update your recovery if you're not on the latest already. I'm pretty sure that should prevent this from happening again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

0, 10 and legacy are related to multi user feature. 0 is supposed to be your main user, while 10 is your secondary (that's why it's a full new folder) and legacy is supposed to be like the old /sdcard. When this happened to me I simply flashed a ROM and then moved the 0 folder back to /sdcard. Then checked if there was anything important in 10 and afterwards deleted it.

I'd suggest you installing TWRP recovery, it never failed on me ;).

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

Reactions: jprakes

jprakes

Jan 26, 2011
Chapmanville, WV
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. As it's more of a nuisance at the moment (I know it's eating my memory, but I'm not running low yet) so I'm going to wait until I decided to update my ROM, then I'll format and sideboard.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0 and legacy have to do with multi user support; 10 is probably related as well. Anthony is absolutely right about how to fix it. You should probably also update your recovery if you're not on the latest already. I'm pretty sure that should prevent this from happening again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
    No question is stupid, I can't explain exactly why legacy and 0 are there and what they are for however I will say that's just how android works. But I know exactly why you have what was previously on the tablet and that 0 and 10 folder thing going on. Ever since 4.2 legacy and emulated and the 0 folder were added, all this stuff, for some reason when flashing a new ROM the previous roms 0 folder stays and the flashing process changes the new roms directory that would be zero. My solution is formatting the internal storage then flashing a ROM via sidload in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi,

0, 10 and legacy are related to multi user feature. 0 is supposed to be your main user, while 10 is your secondary (that's why it's a full new folder) and legacy is supposed to be like the old /sdcard. When this happened to me I simply flashed a ROM and then moved the 0 folder back to /sdcard. Then checked if there was anything important in 10 and afterwards deleted it.

I'd suggest you installing TWRP recovery, it never failed on me ;).

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
    Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10