[Q] US Firmware on EU device

Search This thread

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Hello, I know that you can flash the eu firmware on an american moto x to get european languages or so. Is it possible also the opposite thing?
Can I flash a us firmware on an european moto x?
This is because I'd like to root it without unlocking the bootloader, so with the warranty still valid.
I should just downgrade to 4.2.2, but there's no european 4.2.2 since it's shipped with kitkat.

Would I be able to use an american 4.2.2 on an european moto x to downgrade, root and then go back to european 4.4?
thanks

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Hello, I know that you can flash the eu firmware on an american moto x to get european languages or so. Is it possible also the opposite thing?
Can I flash a us firmware on an european moto x?
This is because I'd like to root it without unlocking the bootloader, so with the warranty still valid.
I should just downgrade to 4.2.2, but there's no european 4.2.2 since it's shipped with kitkat.

Would I be able to use an american 4.2.2 on an european moto x to downgrade, root and then go back to european 4.4?
thanks

That's a tricky situation as you should be aware. Not all modems are cross compatible. and you're gonna have to do some reading to get your answer, check the general thread. there's a section on bootloaders and firmware you should check out.

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/ref-how-to-root-4-4-links-guides-t2603358