Cellcom usa stock ruu, or way to get it?

Search This thread

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
Hello everyone, I have searched all over to try and figure this out on my own but I guess I have failed....lol. I am looking for the stock Rom from HTC desire cellcom usa. Or a way I can remove a stock Rom from the phone its self. I have one rooted and one not rooted and for warranty reasons I need a way to recover it to a state they would not know it was tampered with in the future. I hope that day never comes but I like to be safe. Anyone know of a way I can rip the stock ruu from the unrooted? Or know of a place I can find cellcoms ruu? Any help would be awesome and is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
I may have posted that a little hard to understand. Is there a way to take a backup from nandroid and remove the superuser aspect of it and then flash so the phone is restored to stalk? If that was a possibility I would do it and then upload the recovery for other users if they need it for recovery reasons. Second part of my question my fiance has a non rooted desire is there a way I can rip the factory cellcom recovery off of it?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA app

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
don't know if this will work, haven't tried it, let someone who knows what they're talking about to confirm this (it probably won't work, I made it;)) and fill in the gaps before you try anything.

The following will (*should*) take you through the process of dumping the stock rom and flashing it to a rooted phone, most of this is from memory from what I read elsewhere, THIS IS NOT A GUIDE - PERFORM AT OWN RISK - UNTESTED!!!

Dump (stock desire):

• Find the radio that is installed and download it, look here, in ruu's and OTA's, put it on your pc and call it radio.img
  • Use visionary to get 'temp root' (don't do a permanent root (not that it will work anyway)).
  • From adb or terminal emulator run these commands.
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd1 of=/sdcard/unroot/recovery.img bs=4096
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/unroot/boot.img bs=4096
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd3 of=/sdcard/unroot/system.img bs=4096
  • Reboot into fastboot (bootloader) and note what HBOOT it is. This bit I'm unclear on, you will either have to dump the HBOOT somehow or extract it from a RUU (zip), I haven't done either but one of them should be possible.
  • Put the HBOOT image on your pc and call it hboot.img.

Restore (rooted desire):

• s-off the desire if this has not already been done.
  • boot to recovery and clear ALL userdata.
  • Over adb (from recovery still) run these commands
    Code:
    mount /sdcard
    flash_image boot /sdcard/unroot/boot.img
    flash_image system /sdcard/unroot/system.img
    ***reboot into android to check it works before flashing recovery***
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/unroot/recovery.img
    reboot bootloader
  • From fastboot run 'fastboot flash radio radio.img'
  • From fastboot run 'fastboot flash hboot hboot.img'
  • reboot and you should be done.

Notes:

I'm not sure if misc needs to be backed up...can someone clarify.

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
Wow thanks for such a detailed reply. I will wait until someone else can confirm it is a good plan before prpceeding. It sounds good on paper but I don't want to take any chances lol. I am use to messing with other hardware but phones is a new thing to me. Being region and carrier specific I really don't want to ruin the phone before I have a stable backup to factory and because there are no ruu's for my provider I have to make my own. Thanks again. Hope to get this working so I can post it for other desire owners with my carrier

mercianary

May 30, 2010
Brum
No problem, it's not an entirely selfless act, there is no ruu for my carrier either so I would be very interested to see if this works.

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah I hope with one rooted desire and one stock to find a way to get factory recovery working. If so would make things a lot easyer for a lot of people I think

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
If you already have a rooted desire, you can try the steps that mercianary provided. I am not sure, but maybe you don't need s-off because you will flash an "official rom".

Try these two steps
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/unroot/boot.img bs=4096
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd3 of=/sdcard/unroot/system.img bs=4096

And then without s-off try to push them with fastboot, you will get an error if it doesn't work, but then it hasn't done anything, so you don't need to worry.

Do all this on your already rooted desire of course. No harm done if it does not work.

If that works, you can try a temproot on your non rooted desire. Then do the same things from adb, then do the steps from fastboot on your already rooted desire (but don't push the recovery yet).

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
So I dont wanna sound to stupid but phone tweaking is really new to me. Phone was rooted with unrevoked so did not take a lot of skill... If you don't mind could I ask for slightly clearer directions? Thank you so much for the reply and help so far it is greatly appreciated

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
I only used unrevoked and updated the radio but I am not to worried about the radio part though I bet I could find the official one that it shipped with

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
Hey was just thinking, would someone be able to piece together a stock setup? Say find a normal boot without costume recovery and replace it in a backup, and then remove super user as well? Then flash that and be back to normal?

j_preu

Feb 4, 2010
did you ever get this to work? I'm on Cellcom too and looking to get back to stock. Do you have the software version of the stock Desire that you could share?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
It won't work as the signature wouldn't match. Just gotta use a WWE RUU and hope they don't mind

j_preu

Feb 4, 2010
I see on shippedroms.com there is an Alltell RUU. All that I can tell for sure that's the same is the radio. Would this possibly work?

parastatic

Jan 8, 2011
I actually gave up on it lol. But I had to send my phone in for service and just got it back today a month later and they never said a thing about it being rooted and have superuser privileges

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the only CDMA RUU ever to leak I think so it should work...branding will be wrong, though