[Review] CaseMate POP!

Search This thread

jt.one

May 12, 2011
Just wanted to offer my 2 cents on a case i recently bought:
CaseMate POP! via AMAZON

Now this version [CM020099] is the updated revision of [CM017311], i'll address the changes below.
( all images are clickable to enlarge! )

case.jpgfront.jpg
Very decorative interior design and the overall exterior design is easy on the eyes.

back.jpglogo.jpg
Back design is composed of a hard plastic [white area] and rubber [grey area] side grips.
A close-up of the CASE-MATE logo shows that its a very subtle logo for those who don't hate manufacturers SHOVING THEIR LOGOS IN YOUR FACE LIKE THIS.

View attachment 1710325View attachment 1710326
The layovers extend outward for the PWR and VOL buttons and are excellent to the touch, they provide perfect tactile feedback with a super addictive clicky response.
Though I did wish the VOL buttons were separated into UP and DOWN buttons individually.

View attachment 1710327View attachment 1710331View attachment 1710328
A deep cutout for the camera so you won't have to worry about scratching any part of that.
This revision has the top hole cutout for the noise-cancellation mic (the previous revision did not have this hole).
The slot for the speaker is cut perfectly and deep as well.
You can see cutouts for the microUSB slot, bottom mic and headphones. Now the headphones that i tried had jacks that were a bit on the thinner side (sennheiser, sony, apple) and they fit just fine, but it MIGHT have trouble fitting headphones with HUGE jacks.

usb.jpglip.jpg
As you can see my microUSB cable(GSM stock from google play store) fits perfectly, with room to spare. (the previous revision had trouble fitting in a majority of different sized microUSB cables).
I also tried my nexus 7 microUSB cable, different motorola microUSB cables as well as a variety of generic microUSB cables i had lying around; they all fit easily.
And lastly, hopefully you can notice that the case provides a rather decent sized lip around the front of the case that allows you to have the phone facing downward without worrying about scratches.

Summary / TL;DR
  • Adds quite the bulk and girth to the phone.
  • I personally wish I was able to find a fixed revision in a black/grey colorway.
  • The Grey side grips are a very smooth rubbery material that provides rather decent grip on the device.
  • The price is a bit high, but it's not bad considering the quality imo.
  • Even though the amazon link says it is for the verizon [toro] and sprint [toro plus] versions, it fits my gsm [maguro] pretty damn near perfectly, so don't worry!

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't answer :good:.

2manycells

Dec 24, 2011
I bought this case earlier in the year after my otterbox defender case broke. I really like the looks, and the bulk is not to bad. But its definitely not for those who like slim cases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to offer my 2 cents on a case i recently bought:
    CaseMate POP! via AMAZON

Now this version [CM020099] is the updated revision of [CM017311], i'll address the changes below.
    ( all images are clickable to enlarge! )

case.jpgfront.jpg
    Very decorative interior design and the overall exterior design is easy on the eyes.

back.jpglogo.jpg
    Back design is composed of a hard plastic [white area] and rubber [grey area] side grips.
    A close-up of the CASE-MATE logo shows that its a very subtle logo for those who don't hate manufacturers SHOVING THEIR LOGOS IN YOUR FACE LIKE THIS.

View attachment 1710325View attachment 1710326
    The layovers extend outward for the PWR and VOL buttons and are excellent to the touch, they provide perfect tactile feedback with a super addictive clicky response.
    Though I did wish the VOL buttons were separated into UP and DOWN buttons individually.

View attachment 1710327View attachment 1710331View attachment 1710328
    A deep cutout for the camera so you won't have to worry about scratching any part of that.
    This revision has the top hole cutout for the noise-cancellation mic (the previous revision did not have this hole).
    The slot for the speaker is cut perfectly and deep as well.
    You can see cutouts for the microUSB slot, bottom mic and headphones. Now the headphones that i tried had jacks that were a bit on the thinner side (sennheiser, sony, apple) and they fit just fine, but it MIGHT have trouble fitting headphones with HUGE jacks.

usb.jpglip.jpg
    As you can see my microUSB cable(GSM stock from google play store) fits perfectly, with room to spare. (the previous revision had trouble fitting in a majority of different sized microUSB cables).
    I also tried my nexus 7 microUSB cable, different motorola microUSB cables as well as a variety of generic microUSB cables i had lying around; they all fit easily.
    And lastly, hopefully you can notice that the case provides a rather decent sized lip around the front of the case that allows you to have the phone facing downward without worrying about scratches.

Summary / TL;DR
    • Adds quite the bulk and girth to the phone.
    • I personally wish I was able to find a fixed revision in a black/grey colorway.
    • The Grey side grips are a very smooth rubbery material that provides rather decent grip on the device.
    • The price is a bit high, but it's not bad considering the quality imo.
    • Even though the amazon link says it is for the verizon [toro] and sprint [toro plus] versions, it fits my gsm [maguro] pretty damn near perfectly, so don't worry!

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't answer :good:.
    Great review. I love the detailed pics. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7