Htc one x+ cracked screen

Search This thread

blackminder

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys, as you can see i am new here
I have htc one x+ and it has cracked screen. I think only touch screen is cracked and LCD is not damaged. I want to know if i am able to change only touch screen, because i heard that its difficult to separate LCD and touch from each other.
Also i want to know if i can change it by one x screen, as long as i am unable to find any screen for x+
I have AT&T version but at the top it says HTC not AT&T, so i cant really understand what to do as long as its a lot of options available on ebay. (Currently i am outside of USA so dont advice me to take the phone for repair, best opinion for me will be if i replace the screen by myself)
:(

Xura08

Jan 1, 2011
Im not sure where to get the parts but I should warn you to be very careful when replacing it. Its much easier to replace the entire assembly. When you do, make sure to be gentle. When I finally set the screen back in I accidentally pinched the ribbon and the LCD didn't work. Its very fragile! VERY!

Edit: is the at&t screen for the x+ the same as the at&t x?
Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

roykulkarni

Jul 17, 2014
Pune
Hi guyz,

I had a cracked screen on my HTC One X+ with a cracked screen
Two things that can help
1) The screen and the digitizer (both) is acutally a one piece hardware. So both have to be replaced.
2) The One X's screen is compatible with the X+'s screen (I've got the one x's screen now)

I'm in India so cant help with places to buy parts from.....but an online (ebay) search might help.

:good: