Unlimited but At&t is bugging me

Search This thread

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?

Adelaide.

Feb 25, 2010
Was the unlimited iphone plan different than their normal unlimited plan? Because I kept my unlimited and I haven't received any messages from them.

rav4kar

Oct 30, 2011
Edison, NJ
I have grandfathered unlimited data plan ($30/month) but that does not mean unlimited *text* (SMS), I switched from iphone to ASGS2, I did not get any alert from at&t though I bought it in store not online, just walk in at&t store ( corporate one) and NOT franchise store and check with them.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?
Simple way to get it to stop - get yourself on the HSPA+ plan. Do it in an AT&T store, most third-party stores and the phone service people don't know how to "grandfather" an unlimited 3G plan to an unlimited HSPA+ plan.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Yeah the 3G unlimited plan and Faux G unlimited plan show up differently on your bill. You are still able to keep unlimited and the $30 price. Att just needs to provision it different on your line. Either hit up a att store or call 611. They can fix it and stop nagging you.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...

Huh? What the hell does sms have to do with your data plan?

I kept my old "200 for $5" SMS plan with no problems.

When I got my Infuse, I didn't even have to ask about getting grandfathered, the guy outright said, "don't worry, you'll keep your unlimited data".