ATT Device Support Center for Tilt repair

Search This thread

duytch

Nov 16, 2007
I need to have my Tilt serviced under AT&T warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Device Support Center?

I am debating whether I should use the mail exchange or take the phone to the Device Support Center.

I understand that you only get a refurbished replacement using the mail exchange.

My question is, if you get your phone exchanged at the Device Support Center, do you get a new unit or a refurbished unit? The AT&T website says that they will "swap" the phone, but no mention of whether i's a new or refurbed unit.

xxx_mosh

Feb 14, 2008
www.myspace.com
I need to have my Tilt serviced under AT&T warranty and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Device Support Center?

I am debating whether I should use the mail exchange or take the phone to the Device Support Center.

I understand that you only get a refurbished replacement using the mail exchange.

My question is, if you get your phone exchanged at the Device Support Center, do you get a new unit or a refurbished unit? The AT&T website says that they will "swap" the phone, but no mention of whether i's a new or refurbed unit.

i did the mail exchanged and i got a refurbished one it took a week tho but you couldnt tell its refurbished been using it for a couple of months now and it just like brand new

ChumleyEX

Oct 12, 2007
Temple
Pretty much all places will give you a refurb after 30 days. Should they give you a new one if your used one is broken?

glennordway

Oct 28, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Traditionally the DSC only carries refurbs in stock. The best way to get a NEW model would be to call the warranty dept over the phone and request a new model. However, it is not a garauntee that they will reissue you a new phone unless they no longer have any seed stock equipment in stock.

But, AT&T fully tests the refurbished models before placing them in stock and should a refurb go bad, then you are welcome to call the warranty dept again stating that the refurb has gone bad and to replace it with a new one so that the problem doesnt continue to happen or get worse.

Lastly, keep in mind that regardless of when you get a phone from the DSC or the Warranty Dept, the ORIGINAL warranty still applies. So they only warranty the phone for 1 year from the original phone purchase date or 90 days if the phone is outside of the 1 year after replacement.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

duytch

Nov 16, 2007
Pretty much all places will give you a refurb after 30 days. Should they give you a new one if your used one is broken?

I don't mind getting a refurb unit, but I don't want to end up with one of those earlier models with the usb/battery problem.

I was trying to see if anyone has had any experience with getting the phone exchanged at the "Device Support Center." Since ATT exchanges the device on site, I guess I could at least make sure the phone functions and that there're no visible defects.

webedc

Aug 2, 2007
I don't mind getting a refurb unit, but I don't want to end up with one of those earlier models with the usb/battery problem.

I was trying to see if anyone has had any experience with getting the phone exchanged at the "Device Support Center." Since ATT exchanges the device on site, I guess I could at least make sure the phone functions and that there're no visible defects.
I got my AT&T Tilt exchanged twice at the DSC in San Diego, California. They only carry refurbs but you really couldn't tell (well, I could for the first refurb I got...).

I'm not sure what 'usb/battery problem' you're referring to as my original Tilt that I got back in October 2007 didn't have that problem. Anyway, the two refurbs that I got were already loaded with the 'latest' ROM update released from HTC+AT&T.

Hope it helps.

pazookie

Aug 21, 2006
ok for people who have actually been to a DSC...what is their protocol? do they carefully inspect the devices warranty voiding spots (black void sticker over back housing screw and white water damage pad) and do they inspect for physical damage closely?