Nexus 10 [OFF-TOPIC] One place to relax..

Search This thread

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Guys,

Lets try this out. One place for all your off topic chats. Pls note, the post content within this thread must comply with all rules of XDA.

Thanks.

Reactions: XxLordxX and styckx

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks PG101!.. It worked well in the Nexus 7 forum.. It's worth a shot.

So.. Anyone else get teased with 60+ degree weather today only to have it drop 30 degrees a day later?

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Thanks PG101!.. It worked well in the Nexus 7 forum.. It's worth a shot.

So.. Anyone else get teased with 60+ degree weather today only to have it drop 30 degrees a day later?

Today was somewhat nice for me in the morning, so I figured I'd open all my windows, then about 10 minutes after that it downpours with heavy winds... quite a bit of stuff got wet lol. The wind and rain stopped maybe 20 mins later.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Today was somewhat nice for me in the morning, so I figured I'd open all my windows, then about 10 minutes after that it downpours with heavy winds... quite a bit of stuff got wet lol. The wind and rain stopped maybe 20 mins later.

I'm getting all that downpouring rain, and heavy winds as we speak.. Just hope it's over by morning. I got a 8:30 dentist appointment

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
And as I mention in the op.. "lets give this a shot".. ;)
This is like beta testing...

**Remember - You're the result of 3.8bn years of Evolutionary Success - ACT LIKE IT!!**

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
any news on Dalingrin's progress on dual booting ubuntu and android on N10?

Haven't heard much... I can't imagine it running much better on the Nexus 10 than it did on the Nexus 7 anyway.. It... Ran... But to say it was usable as a daily driver would be a bold faced lie.. I'm curious how much they can actually trim the fat off Ubuntu without completely making it unrecognizable as a linux distribution.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6

lol

Haven't heard much... I can't imagine it running much better on the Nexus 10 than it did on the Nexus 7 anyway.. It... Ran... But to say it was usable as a daily driver would be a bold faced lie.. I'm curious how much they can actually trim the fat off Ubuntu without completely making it unrecognizable as a linux distribution.
I can't imagine Ubuntu as-is on the N10... on one hand, it might be better because of the bigger screen, but I would also imagine stuff being super tiny due to the resolution. Maybe with a keyboard and mouse though... hmm

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I finally completed a successful transplant.. The game gets old fast though.

naira1

Nov 13, 2010
Currently in south Africa watching the Africa cup of nations. I must say the quality hasn't been so good. There are few exceptions though with individual brilliance.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
The Vellamo Benchmark score was really impressive in Nexus 10. :D

8445764853_4b971b5ac8_b_d.jpg

• HTML 5 - 2102
  • METAL - 1144

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
So... Since I'm the one who requested this thread I should try adding a conversation topic huh? :)

What OS configuration is everyone running and why?

For me I'm dual booting Windows 8 and Debian testing w/ Mate Desktop

Windows 8 for gaming and it was cheap enough to buy. I'm impressed with it. Also Windows 8 because Tag And Rename and Photoshop are the only two programs I never found suitable replacements in Linux for. Wine sucks and refuse to even go that route..

Debian for everything else.. Soon as I'm done gaming it's right to Debian for browsing the web, music, playing w/ Android etc.

Last edited:

Luke537

Aug 14, 2012
I'm gonna go off topic here, but that's the whole point of this thread, right? What do you guys think of the fact that Google only make their products available in certain countries on the Play Store? (US, UK, Australia etc) I live in Ireland and it sucks that I can't get my hands on a Nexus 4 or Nexus 10, unless I pay way more than Google puts it up for. What do you guys think?

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
Might have something to do with import/export laws/tariffs with the countries involved. Only a guess, but seems plausible.

Sent from my Nexus 10

jdog2115

Sep 28, 2012
So... Since I'm the one who requested this thread I should try adding a conversation topic huh? :)

What OS configuration is everyone running and why?

For me I'm dual booting Windows 8 and Debian testing w/ Mate Desktop

Windows 8 for gaming and it was cheap enough to buy. I'm impressed with it. Also Windows 8 because Tag And Rename and Photoshop are the only two programs I never found suitable replacements in Linux for. Wine sucks and refuse to even go that route..

Debian for everything else.. Soon as I'm done gaming it's right to Debian for browsing the web, music, playing w/ Android etc.

I'm dual booting windows 7 with windows 8 because my school just offered us a free copy of windows 8 pro. Not impressed with win 8 at all

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
A few months impression, anyone be so kind?

How's battery life, memory usage, screen quality, browsing & HD playback performance and USB storage compatibility after several weeks of usage?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

Lets try this out. One place for all your off topic chats. Pls note, the post content within this thread must comply with all rules of XDA.

Thanks.
    I would grab another N10 if mine died. It is a great tablet that people over looked. Here we are, two major android updates later, and is is current and works great. Very few devices can say that. As for camera features mentioned, I find a tablet terribly awkward for photos. In fact I have maybe taken a dozen total. My phone does that for me.