and more and more and more...

Attachments

• DSCN6128.JPG
    DSCN6128.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 10

Fraser34

Nov 23, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Have you checked if recovery got installed properly?

How to do that?
There were no any errors.
Should I go to RECOVERY to check it?

Stock recovery you've provided gave me an error:
FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

So I used this one - ville_recovery_signed.img

Look like it was not installed properly, because when I go to RECOVERY nothing happens and the phone goes to bootloop !!!

I''ll try everything tomorrow at work from different computer to eliminate possible PC issue.

I'll report the result to you.

Thank you very much - I really appreciate your help.

Let's continue tomorrow (or when you'll have time)

Thanks again

Last edited:

Fraser34

Nov 23, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
I''ll try everything tomorrow at work from different computer to eliminate possible PC issue.

I'll report the result to you.

Thank you very much - I really appreciate your help.

Let's continue tomorrow (or when you'll have time)

Thanks again

Fraser34

Nov 23, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Hi, LS.xD,

I found a way to fix "Unable to mount /sdcard" error.
I followed this guy Steps 1 ... 9 and flashed the ROM you've recommended - "Virtuos 1.4 - based on stock 4.0.3"
Everything installed/flashed successfully with no error, but when I reboot the phone at the very last step - it goes to bootloop!!!

Then I I tried to flash the ROM as you told - using "adb sideload Virtuous_Ville_v.1.4.0_PROPER.zip" command.
Again, everything installed/flashed successfully with no error, but when I reboot the phone at the very last step - it goes to bootloop!!!

For both these methods I reflashed boot.img after everything was done - didn't make any difference - it goes to bootloop!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to clarify/confirm couple of things:

1. My phone's CID - HTC__017. Does it matter? If I can change, let say, CID to T-MOB010 I can use official RUU - 1. RUU_Ville_U_TMOUS_1.84.531.2_R2_Radio_0.16.31501S.16_2_10.22.31501S.10L_release_263233_signed

2. Do I need to root the phone to do what I was doing?

3. Can you recommend me the other ROM to try?

Thanks a lot!

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi, LS.xD,

I found a way to fix "Unable to mount /sdcard" error.
I followed this guy Steps 1 ... 9 and flashed the ROM you've recommended - "Virtuos 1.4 - based on stock 4.0.3"
Everything installed/flashed successfully with no error, but when I reboot the phone at the very last step - it goes to bootloop!!!

Then I I tried to flash the ROM as you told - using "adb sideload Virtuous_Ville_v.1.4.0_PROPER.zip" command.
Again, everything installed/flashed successfully with no error, but when I reboot the phone at the very last step - it goes to bootloop!!!

For both these methods I reflashed boot.img after everything was done - didn't make any difference - it goes to bootloop!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to clarify/confirm couple of things:

1. My phone's CID - HTC__017. Does it matter? If I can change, let say, CID to T-MOB010 I can use official RUU - 1. RUU_Ville_U_TMOUS_1.84.531.2_R2_Radio_0.16.31501S.16_2_10.22.31501S.10L_release_263233_signed

2. Do I need to root the phone to do what I was doing?

3. Can you recommend me the other ROM to try?

Thanks a lot!

Have you flashed the stock recovery i sent you via pm? Performed factory reset/clear storage? Pls do so :)

In every case you should WIPE every partition. If the stock recovery doesn't work properly, please use twrp to format all partitions

+

WIPE boot partition: "Fastboot erase boot" // "fastboot format boot"

If a wrong kernel has been flashed before there may remein parts on boot partition even if you flash a new boot.img

Its possible to flash another RUU in case youre S-OFF and change the CID. Please don't force flash a non matching RUU while you're S-ON.

Last edited:

Fraser34

Nov 23, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Have you flashed the stock recovery i sent you via pm? Performed factory reset/clear storage? Pls do so :)

In every case you should WIPE every partition. If the stock recovery doesn't work properly, please use twrp to format all partitions

+

WIPE boot partition: "Fastboot erase boot" // "fastboot format boot"

If a wrong kernel has been flashed before there may remein parts on boot partition even if you flash a new boot.img

Its possible to flash another RUU in case youre S-OFF and change the CID. Please don't force flash a non matching RUU while you're S-ON.

Hi,
The stock recovery_1.84 you've sent me did not flash, I suppose. (But didn't give me any errors)
Because when I go into RECOVERY after I flashed it, the phone bootloops...
And I can't performed factory reset/clear storage - bootloops.

So, I omitted stock recovery_1.84 installation.

Last edited:

Fraser34

Nov 23, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Performed the wipes?

Again, what do I do?

1. Flash recovery_1.84.img
2. Flash TWRP 2.6.3, REBOOT BOOTLOADER
3. Load into FASTBOOT -> RECOVERY.
4. I'm in TWRP. -> Advanced -> ADB Sideload. Check "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and "Wipe Cache" boxes. Swiped to start Sideload.
5. From my PC run adb sideload Virtuous_Ville_v.1.4.0_PROPER.zip
6. I see on the phone:
- Formatting Partition
- Mounting Partition.
- Cleaning
- Writing System Files
- Creating symlinks and settings perms
- Flashing boot.img
- Unmount partitions.
7. I "Reboot System" from TWRP.
8. phone goes to bootloop.

When/where should I wipe and what partitions exactly should i wipe ?

Thanks

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Again, what do I do?

1. Flash recovery_1.84.img
2. Flash TWRP 2.6.3, REBOOT BOOTLOADER
3. Load into FASTBOOT -> RECOVERY.
4. I'm in TWRP. -> Advanced -> ADB Sideload. Check "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and "Wipe Cache" boxes. Swiped to start Sideload.
5. From my PC run adb sideload Virtuous_Ville_v.1.4.0_PROPER.zip
6. I see on the phone:
- Formatting Partition
- Mounting Partition.
- Cleaning
- Writing System Files
- Creating symlinks and settings perms
- Flashing boot.img
- Unmount partitions.
7. I "Reboot System" from TWRP.
8. phone goes to bootloop.

When/where should I wipe and what partitions exactly should i wipe ?

Thanks[/QUOTE}

May we establish Teamviewer connection as it would really be more fast and easy instead of posting every step ?!

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Hey bud if you still need a Cincinnati Bell ruu I have an unrooted stock jellybean nandroid from CBW if that will help. There has never been a leaked ruu from CBW

Last edited: